Merged5X:May16th-Ch7Drew's Views/Wale offered contract/Ogun on the clock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged5X:May16th-Ch7Drew's Views/Wale offered contract/Ogun on the clock

First of all, if those rules for a supplemental draft are true, we would be, AT BEST, 14th in line for him or somethign like that. I seriously doubt that all the teams in front of us would pass on him.

Secondly, Clumpy, CW is back, change your avatar signature please.

Thirdly. Primetime you watch entirely too much TV. You have reports form three different stations! :lol: Read a book will you. But thanks for bringing the goods anyways.

Fourthly. I like what I am hearing on the O-gun front. Here is hoping it is done before Training Camp.

Fifthly, many people say pwned. I actually have a friend who says it out in the real world, although it sounds more like powned ( pronounced like moaned) than pwned.

Sixthly, I don't think I have ever said, typed or heard of sixthly so I wanted to type it.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Drew Rosenhause just said on Sports Extra that Miami has offered Ogunleye a multi-year deal. The bad? It's not good enough in their liking to be accepted. But Drew will be sending Miami a counter offer this week, and expects something to get done soon. He said it's a step above all.
Huh? Shouldn't they be extending Chambers first?

Samphin said:
First of all, if those rules for a supplemental draft are true, we would be, AT BEST, 14th in line for him or somethign like that. I seriously doubt that all the teams in front of us would pass on him.

Secondly, Clumpy, CW is back, change your avatar signature please.

Thirdly. Primetime you watch entirely too much TV. You have reports form three different stations! :lol: Read a book will you. But thanks for bringing the goods anyways.

Fourthly. I like what I am hearing on the O-gun front. Here is hoping it is done before Training Camp.

Fifthly, many people say pwned. I actually have a friend who says it out in the real world, although it sounds more like powned ( pronounced like moaned) than pwned.

Sixthly, I don't think I have ever said, typed or heard of sixthly so I wanted to type it.
I have no idea either. I know it means owned, but why do you type PWNED? :confused:

Question. Is anyone else concerned that once Ogun gets his contract his is just going to dog it this year? For some reason it seems like he wants to say he worked so hard for this contract, once he gets it... he is just going to take it easy!?

I hope that is not the case, but I just have a bad feeling.

It's 1337 (pronounced "leet") speak. P is next to O. Instead of correcting typographical errors, they embraced them. Kinda like ebonics. Or "3B0N1C5".

I can't believe I just broke that down. :lol:

Correct. PWNED is a way to make fun of n00bs (newbs) who have typing problems. another one is "lamp" instead of "lmao". Mix a few 1's in with your exclamation points are you're golden. All CAP LOCKS is another give away.

LAMP!!!111one

PhinstiGator said:
"...The supplemental draft order is based on three separate lotteries  one for the 13 teams who finished with six or fewer wins, one for the seven non-playoff teams with more than six wins and a final lottery for the 12 playoff teams. Each team receives a proportionate number of tokens based on their position in the 2004 regular draft (San Diego has 32, Oakland 31, Arizona 30, all the way down to the Patriots with one).

A private drawing is held by the NFL to determine how the first 13 picks shake out. Then the next drawing is conducted for the non-playoff teams, and lastly the playoff teams. Once the order is decided, each team has 10 minutes to submit its draft selections. It submits picks by e-mail without knowing of other clubs’ intentions. If five teams submit picks for Mike Williams in the first round, the team with the best draft position gets the pick. In exchange, it must give up its first-round pick in next year’s draft. If it does not have a first-round pick in 2005, it cannot submit a first-round selection for a player..."
Thank yo ufor the explanation. Based on what yo uhave described, how can we ever expect that we might get Williams in such a scenario? He will be the best player on the board!

outtawack311 said:
Are you kidding?? Mike Williams is a top 5 player, you get him if you can for a first. That would be insane to not go after a young kid with that much talent at a position of need. It might also push Boston to finally step up seeing that he might seriously lose his starting job.

But like I said, that would mean no pick till the 3rd round next year......This debate is moot anyway, there is no way every team before us passes on him. But that would be 3 pretty good WR, they may even make Feidler look good. :evil:

Muck said:
It's 1337 (pronounced "leet") speak. P is next to O. Instead of correcting typographical errors, they embraced them. Kinda like ebonics. Or "3B0N1C5".

I can't believe I just broke that down. :lol:

That splains it. All this time I thought it was "Pawned"...but, someone needed to buy a vowel.

So is the Trestman Collier arguments thew reason for the secret illness and therefore it was a demotion? It said "Wanny had to do something" so I guess he still has some juice around there at least with his coaches (make sense to control your staff)

pigskinguy said:
But like I said, that would mean no pick till the 3rd round next year......This debate is moot anyway, there is no way every team before us passes on him. But that would be 3 pretty good WR, they may even make Feidler look good. :evil:

Taking Williams, if we can, is a no-brainer. Remember that our 2005 pick figures to be mid-round at best (or worst, from the standpoint of the team's success). That's about the lowest Williams would go in the 2005 draft, barring catastrophe.
Would every team in front of us pass on him? Depends. For one, it's a lottery system (thanks to Phinstigator for the explanation), so we could conceivably move up in the order. Also, remember that some mock drafts had Williams in the teens, so it's far from certain that teams would trip over themselves to sacrifice a 2005 first rounder for him. A lot of teams also don't like the idea of giving up a future pick, which is silly. Remember that a 2005 first rounder is worth about the same as a 2004 second rounder.

phunwin said:
Taking Williams, if we can, is a no-brainer. Remember that our 2005 pick figures to be mid-round at best (or worst, from the standpoint of the team's success). That's about the lowest Williams would go in the 2005 draft, barring catastrophe.
Would every team in front of us pass on him? Depends. For one, it's a lottery system (thanks to Phinstigator for the explanation), so we could conceivably move up in the order. Also, remember that some mock drafts had Williams in the teens, so it's far from certain that teams would trip over themselves to sacrifice a 2005 first rounder for him. A lot of teams also don't like the idea of giving up a future pick, which is silly. Remember that a 2005 first rounder is worth about the same as a 2004 second rounder.

So I guess I am in the minority then. I don't think it is as much of slam dunk as some of you guys. And I am not saying there is no way we take him, I just think it's a tough choice. Not picking untill the 3rd round next year would suck......And what if some of the doom and gloomers here are right and we do flame out and only win 5 or 6 or 7 games and lose a top 10 pick?

Dolphins offer Ogunleye long-term deal

From the Sun-Sentinel

Rosenhaus said on WSVN-TV Sunday night that the Dolphins have made a proposal, but it was unsatisfactory and that he would be sending the Dolphins a counter-offer this week.

Rosenhaus is going to drag this out trying to milk every penny. Which I have no problems about. However, O-GUN should be in camp.

Back
Top Bottom