MERGEDX2: Looking ahead to 2009 Free Agents. Will Fins find help here? I think so. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: Looking ahead to 2009 Free Agents. Will Fins find help here? I think so.

Is Boldin a FA next year?

If he were, you'd see about 10 threads dedicated to how much fans want him. Alas, he has several years left on a contract he is unhappy with. The Cards may deal him in the offseason but don't hold your breath.

I'm looking towards the 2009 Draft. After this last offseason's free agency pickups, I'm not sure that I want too see this regime go that route again.

I'm looking towards the 2009 Draft. After this last offseason's free agency pickups, I'm not sure that I want too see this regime go that route again.

Thier first day of draft was definately impressive along with the late pick of Thomas. I agree thier regular free agency was not all that great but we did have some good pickups although we overpaid.

Thier first day of draft was definately impressive along with the late pick of Thomas. I agree thier regular free agency was not all that great but we did have some good pickups although we overpaid.

Starks and Smiley, but that's about it. Chainsaw Charlie, Boomer Grigsby, Ernest Wilford, Tab Perry, etc. haven't contributed much of anything, if anything at all. Lineup the 2008 Draft class right next to the 2008 Free Agency class and there is no doubt who people would say is better. 2008 Draft pick's and UDFA's are outshining and outclassing a lot of those FA pickups.

im curious to see who you think we overpaid for. wilford im sure will come up, but for his production level prior to joining our squad, it imo was a modest deal.

i think it would be very unrealistic to say that we would get a big name player in the offseason

If we recompile that list at the end of the season, I bet we see maybe 3-4 of those names still on there. Its way too early to be looking at possible free agents. PFT already said the Raiders corner is getting tagged, so he is out. Anyone who thinks Tennessee isn't going to work their *** off to get Haynesworth under contract is lying to themselves. Suggs is going to get a new deal after the season, guaranteed. We need to look at the 2nd and 3rd "tier" FAs if we want to be realistic.....

No way after how the Titans are playing that they would give up THEE best interior linemen in the league.

Suggs would be another player That I highly doubt will hit the open market now that the Ravens seem to be rebuilding quite nicely with a young QB at the helm for them.

I would rather draft a corner than pick one up in the FA market. A lot of the best Corners are good because of just plain out solid ability. they have to be stronger, faster, more agile and jump higher than the receivers in the league. The smarts can build with NFL experience.

I'm starting to like how this unit is playing together, J Allen seems to be stepping it up and Will Allen is becoming quite the playmaker. Y. bell is solid tackler, not scared of the Runningback at all. (XDDDDDDD did you guys see that safety for the Cowgirls against the Giants, he just stared as Jacobs ran right past him LOLOLOLOL)

That was a touchdown run by Derrick Ward. That makes it even worse. I can understand a corner not wanting to tackle Jacobs.

they franchised terrell suggs this year, and if they do it again he just might kill someone!

Haynesworth would be the biggest pickup. If we were to get him, holy ****. Unfortunately, will never happen. Titans will slap the Tag on him if they can't sign him to a long term deal.

Asomugha would be my 2nd most wanted Free Agent, but just like Haynesworth, will never happen. He's just too good to not slap the Tag on.

Gamble and Robinson are both good corners as I wouldn't mind picking up either.

Houshmanzadeh, I would take, Henderson, nope.

As for LB's. Vilma is a big no, he can't play in a 3-4, which is why the Jet's got rid of him. Terrel Suggs or Bart Scott would both be huge pickups. Just imagine the combo of Porter and Suggs on the outside. I would certainly take Scott as well. He's only 28, and would certainly fill our void at ILB. Scott is a playmaker, and would certainly make Crowder's job easier.

wrong, his contract stats if they win 10 games or he plays more hten 60% of the snaps etc etc he will not be able to get tagged and he is 2 games away from that so he is hittin the market 100%

I like scott but it wont be to play NEXT to crowder but to replace crowder. no point in having 2 ILB making over 5 million. thats stupid spending. Suggs is good but we will draft an OLB i doubt we sign suggs.

I think the CB, McFadden from Pisssburgh is a FA next year. He plays good, solid hard nosed football and will not break the bank. I hope we have him on our radar.

hes one of my favorites. I really really like this kid and BP will as well considering he plays for one of the organizations that likes players to be tough, physical, and smart/strong.

doesnt ANYONE think its time to find some players
who can PUT POINTS ON THE BOARD?

if ti wasnt for the defenive td we had against the
broncos we would have LOST to the WORST defense
in the nfl!!

we had a hard time scoring or running on the WORST defense
in the leauge.

he who scores the most POINTS wins!!

and we have not been able to score on a regular basis for
the last 10 years.

WR'S!!! WR'S!! WR'S!!!

Back