MERGEDX2: Looking ahead to 2009 Free Agents. Will Fins find help here? I think so. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: Looking ahead to 2009 Free Agents. Will Fins find help here? I think so.

hes one of my favorites. I really really like this kid and BP will as well considering he plays for one of the organizations that likes players to be tough, physical, and smart/strong.

Yeah you are right about that. He is one of the more physical corners in the league, and he wont cost as much as big names.

If he were, you'd see about 10 threads dedicated to how much fans want him. Alas, he has several years left on a contract he is unhappy with. The Cards may deal him in the offseason but don't hold your breath.

Not so fast, my friend. It is likely that Miami could end up with Boldin on their roster in 2009. No, it's not Anquan. It's Anquan's little bro D.J. Boldin out of Wake Forest. He's in his senior year at Wake, so he should be available for this upcoming draft.

doesnt ANYONE think its time to find some players
who can PUT POINTS ON THE BOARD?

if ti wasnt for the defenive td we had against the
broncos we would have LOST to the WORST defense
in the nfl!!

we had a hard time scoring or running on the WORST defense
in the leauge.

he who scores the most POINTS wins!!

and we have not been able to score on a regular basis for
the last 10 years.

WR'S!!! WR'S!! WR'S!!!

You preaching for offense is really getting annoying.

Should we leave the team as is and spend our $$ on Haynesworth in offseason

I have been one to post how bad we need CB help. I really would like Asomugha, Gamble, McFadden, Hall, Lito,Greer. But if i had to pick one player I would love BP to sign this offseason it would def be the big beast in the middle. Albert Haynesworth. This guy is a one man run stopping machine. He can stuff the run almost all by himself and he gets to the QB too. He is a big BP type player who is a great locker room leader. I really think we could us TJ Houshmanzadeh. But think he will get franchised or a huge offer elsewhere like Philly. Haybesworth could get franchised I think. I just dont know if he wants to play in TN anymore. I used to watch him when he played at U of Tenn. I think he goes where the $$ is now. We have a ton of money to spend and hes the guy to spend it on. Could you imagine how good our D would be with him requiring Double teams on every down. Porter would ahve more sacks as would the rest of the team. He would make our crappy CB better with the QB not having as much time to throw, Albert is 27 yrs old. 6'6" 320 lbs. Damn hes a beast. In 8 games this year he has 6 sacks, 29 Tackles, 2 pass deflections, 1 FF, and thats pretty good for a DT. Ferguson is almost at the end of his road. Haynesworth is the guy that will get the most attention this offseason from alot of teams. Asomugha, Peppers, Gamble, houahmanzadaeh will all get attention too and any would work for us. I would take Haynes 1st, Asomugha 2nd, Housh 3rd, Gamble 4th

I have been one to post how bad we need CB help. I really would like Asomugha, Gamble, McFadden, Hall, Lito,Greer. But if i had to pick one player I would love BP to sign this offseason it would def be the big beast in the middle. Albert Haynesworth. This guy is a one man run stopping machine. He can stuff the run almost all by himself and he gets to the QB too. He is a big BP type player who is a great locker room leader. I really think we could us TJ Houshmanzadeh. But think he will get franchised or a huge offer elsewhere like Philly. Haybesworth could get franchised I think. I just dont know if he wants to play in TN anymore. I used to watch him when he played at U of Tenn. I think he goes where the $$ is now. We have a ton of money to spend and hes the guy to spend it on. Could you imagine how good our D would be with him requiring Double teams on every down. Porter would ahve more sacks as would the rest of the team. He would make our crappy CB better with the QB not having as much time to throw, Albert is 27 yrs old. 6'6" 320 lbs. Damn hes a beast. In 8 games this year he has 6 sacks, 29 Tackles, 2 pass deflections, 1 FF, and thats pretty good for a DT. Ferguson is almost at the end of his road. Haynesworth is the guy that will get the most attention this offseason from alot of teams. Asomugha, Peppers, Gamble, houahmanzadaeh will all get attention too and any would work for us. I would take Haynes 1st, Asomugha 2nd, Housh 3rd, Gamble 4th

You might want to look for a more general place to make your post and try and be a little less specific. When posts get too numerous and too detailed, it tends to confuse annoy some. :(

doesnt ANYONE think its time to find some players
who can PUT POINTS ON THE BOARD?

if ti wasnt for the defenive td we had against the
broncos we would have LOST to the WORST defense
in the nfl!!

we had a hard time scoring or running on the WORST defense
in the leauge.

he who scores the most POINTS wins!!

and we have not been able to score on a regular basis for
the last 10 years.

WR'S!!! WR'S!! WR'S!!!

Yeah right everyone knows that DEFENSE builds CHAMPIONSHIPS! Plain and simple.

anyone who thinks haynesworth is hitting the open market is a lunatic. no way in hell he becomes a fa

anyone who thinks haynesworth is hitting the open market is a lunatic. no way in hell he becomes a fa

Anyone who thinks Haynesworth would be worth the money AFTER he gets it is just as big a lunatic. DT's NEVER play as well as they do in a contract year, again. I love Albert, he's the best defensive player in the league but breaking a signing bonus record on him isn't worth it.

Lets start with one of the biggest needs 1st. CB
Asomugha - Oakland will prob resign
Chris Gamble- Carolina will let him go cause someone will overpay.
Jabari Greer-Buffalo-He is only 26 and is a good CB. I think we should attempt to grab him if Asomugha,Gamble,McFadden fall through.
Dunta Robinson-Texans-26 yrs old
Justin Miller-Jets-24 yrs old
Kelvin Hayden-Colts-25 yrs old

WR
Houshmanzadah-Bengals-Only real big name WR ava FA. Cincy will prb franchise but could trade. Might cost too much but wow would he make a diff on O.
Devrey Henderson-Saints-He can play but is he better than what we have

DL
Haynesworth who is 27 yrs old would be a huge addition. I think he is worth whatever money it would take to get him. He is a one man D. in stuffing the run. He is a monster and can also get to the passer. Hes def a BP type player.
Terrell Suggs-Ravens should franchise but if not he would be our replacement for JT. Still considerably young too.
Julius Peppers-Another JT replacement. If hes not franchised.
Tank Johnson,Betrand Berry, Shaun Cody

LB
Mike Peterson-Jags He is 32 but still has a little left in the tank
Karlos Dansby-Cardinals-27 yrs old and can make plays
Bart Scott-Ravens-28 yrs old and hes a monster playmaker
Jon Vilma-Saints- At 26 he has many years left.

In a shell I think the #1 priority should be Haynesworth if BP thinks hes worth the money. He is a PRO BOWL Player every year. I know I put CB first but Albert is a player that doesnt come along very often
#2 One of the CB listed above. I dont know if there is really a CB in the draft that will immediately start in the NFL. Maybe Vonte Davis. I think Malcolm Jenkins could be converted to a Safety.The only others that could play are Darius Butler,Macho Harris,maybe Moore, and Lindley.
#3 will we pay for the services of Housurmomma. Championship. I dont think so but he could surprise me. Remember how good we were when we had the Marx Brothers. Yeah me too.
#4 Will we pay for Scott,suggs,Peppers,Berry, Tank. Well see
Alot of these players could make a big diff. One of the CB would solidify our pass D with Allen on the other side. A DT or LB would improve the D beside of Crowder and Porter. There are many things we still need I know we are playing well but we could be a lot better.

suggs is a LB not D-line and he cant get franchised AGAIN. he was franchised last year. I'd Like TJ but he looks like he will get franchised (if not only to trade him later, like corey williams last year). Haynseworth will get resigned to huge contract IMO. Im sure we will go after some more line depth, that has hurt us a bit. HAVE to go after a CB, SOLB maybe middle too, WR either in the draft or FA next offseason

I would love to have D. Robinson or C Gamble but I really doubt we are getting them

"anyone who thinks haynesworth is hitting the open market is a lunatic. no way in hell he becomes a fa"

Uh....if he reaches incentives he does become a FA. Why wouldn't he? The Titans can't tag him if he reaches those incentives, which he will because they're easily attainable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom