MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids

Guys this report is very questionable. I know source very close to the Matthews family and Matthews agent is extremely pissed and is taking care of the situation. He is trying to make the NFl release a statement on all the test at the combine.

Every team will get a report from the NFL...soon enough.

So if you had the opportunity to make multi millions of dollars you would think you would have enough wherewithal to stay off the pipe or roids. I mean I love booze but if you dangled 1 mill in front of me I think I could abstain for a couple months until I found a home on a team. 40 bucks in weed just cost a mill signing bonus, real smart Jack ***!

I had a feeling Matthews was on roids, to go as a 160 pound walk on, to getting drafted at 240 is pretty amazing

i've said it before, matthews seemed strikingly similar to that dude on roids in the program. i'm so stunned that these dudes in college tested positive for the dank too:-o i don't think its that big of a deal. Steroids enhance your performance, dank brings it down

IMO, the substance itself isnt a huge issue, if anything marijuana would be a bigger deal. Hear me out.

The only difference in penalty is if a player test positive for roids its an automatic 4 game suspention. When it comes to weed a first time offender has to enter the substance abuse program and their name only becomes public if they fail a second time (and than a 4 game suspention). When a player takes roids he is using it to enhance performance on the feild, not using it recreational like marijuana users. IMO, this immediate embarassement would mean the player would be less likely to do it again.

When a player fails a weed test (especially one they know is coming) is way more irresposible. Its more about surrounding yourself with the wrong type of people. And chances are he will give in to peer pressure again, and again, and again.

I'd rather take the player that is smoking weed. He is not using enhancers to perform better. Warren Sapp, Ricky Williams etc.. They are ballers that like to smoke weed. Matthews and Cushing (if true) might not be as good on the field without their little helpers. I think this effects their value more than guys smoking weed.

I had a feeling Matthews was on roids, to go as a 160 pound walk on, to getting drafted at 240 is pretty amazing
He said in an interview on WQAM that he actually weighed 210 lbs coming into USC and that he really doesn't know where the 160 lbs report came from. He could be lying, but I'm not sure why he would.

He said in an interview on WQAM that he actually weighed 210 lbs coming into USC and that he really doesn't know where the 160 lbs report came from. He could be lying, but I'm not sure why he would.
He would lie to people so people wouldnt suspect hes on steroids

If validated this is zero surprise because USC is a juice program.

Anyone rememeber OJ?

cushing is hopped up on everything, i heard he spends like 50,000$ a year on performance enhancing drugs and all those GNC products.

I hope that ESPN or the NFL Network (Sorry, I can't remember which one....) pulls all of those commercials with him in it. Frankly, they were getting on my nerves. Furthermore, where does a college student who comes from a background like his get $50,000.00 to spend on drugs like that? :err:

Way to completely change the subject and pretend you didn't say something that you did, in fact, say.

I'm not denying anything I posted. I expressed my opinion. You said it was gall for me to express an opinion.

The only difference in penalty is if a player test positive for roids its an automatic 4 game suspention. When it comes to weed a first time offender has to enter the substance abuse program and their name only becomes public if they fail a second time (and than a 4 game suspention). When a player takes roids he is using it to enhance performance on the feild, not using it recreational like marijuana users. IMO, this immediate embarassement would mean the player would be less likely to do it again.

Yeah, but would they still be the same caliber of players without the drugs?

IMO, the substance itself isnt a huge issue, if anything marijuana would be a bigger deal. Hear me out.

When a player fails a weed test (especially one they know is coming) is way more irresposible. Its more about surrounding yourself with the wrong type of people. And chances are he will give in to peer pressure again, and again, and again.

Seriously, are you kidding? And when you take the dude off the juice and he deflates like a popped balloon you’d be wishing he was only smoking a joint with real NATURAL athletic chops as opposed to synthesized performance.

Players go out and drink alcohol and [really bad stuff happens] but we’re more concerned about a toke or two? It’s hypocrisy and nothing less…

Cushing is a science project. He's an injury waiting to happen.

Every team will get a report from the NFL...soon enough.

There is no reason why teams would not have gotten the confidential results of the combine drug tests weeks ago. If there was red flag on any particular player based on those test results, why would a team bring said player to their team facility for a private workout? We brought in both Matthews and Cushing for workouts didn't we?

Back
Top Bottom