MergedX3: The WR Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX3: The WR Thread

He'd (AB) be a nice pick up but if that oline doesn't get #1 priority nobody will have time to let him beat a double team.

No one mentionned {{Plaxico B.}}. He may be a locker room cancer, a distraction, but he can help us.....He will not come back as a Giants...

Ok, stop right there....

For anybody that has ever watched Antonio Bryant play, it is easy to see Antonio Bryant's athleticism. Wilford has never been known for his athleticism. Bryant was the only receiver on that Bucs team that warranted any attention, always dragging the extra safety with him, and he still produced. They aren't in the least bit comparable, other than age. Antonio Bryant will be 28 at the start of next season, Ernest Wilford was 29 years old when the Dolphins signed him......that is where the comparisons end.

Despite being 2 years older than Bryant, Wilford hasn't accumulated anywhere near the stats that Antonio Bryant has.

Career stats:
Antonio Bryant: 333 receptions, 5,085 receiving yards (15.27 ypr), 26 touchdowns (93 games)
Ernest Wilford: 144 receptions, 2,019 receiving yards (14 ypr), 14 touchdowns (70 games)

Seasonal averages, prior to Wilford signing here (every 16 games):
Antonio Bryant: 57 receptions (57.29), 875 receiving yards (874.84) and 4 touchdowns (4.47)
Ernest Wilford: 34 receptions (33.78), 506 receiving yards (506.41) and 4 touchdowns (3.56) in 63 games.

Best statistical season:
Antonio Bryant: 83 receptions, 1,248 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns (16 games)
Ernest Wilford: 41 receptions, 681 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns (16 games)

2nd best season (yardage):
Antonio Bryant: 69 receptions, 1,009 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns (16 games)
Ernest Wilford: 36 receptions, 524 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns (16 games)

3rd best season (yardage):
Antonio Bryant: 44 receptions, 733 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns (16 games)
Ernest Wilford: 45 receptions, 518 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns (16 games0

4th best season (yardage):
Antonio Bryant: 40 receptions, 733 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns (14 games)
Ernest Wilford: 19 receptions, 271 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns (15 games)

Wilford was never the leading WR on his team, as a matter of fact, the best he did was 2nd on his team, mostly finishing 3rd and 4th. Last year alone, Bryant was the leading receiver with the Bucs, almost tripling that of the next leading receiver on the team (Clayton). Bryant was also the leading receiver with the 49ers in 2006 and with the Browns in 2005

Whenever I watched the Bucs play this season, Antonio Bryant was the only player that stood out, as we was constantly beating double teams.........he WAS the offense. I think Bryant is easily the best FA WR, yes, even better than Houshmandzadeh.

Wow I didn't mean statistically he is the same. I meant he will be some teams waste of money like Wilford was this year for the Phins. Seeing that you gave stats (which were very well researched) this is why I believe he will just resort to his previous idiotic self.
Courtesy of Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Bryant
"[edit] Dallas Cowboys

Bryant was selected in the 2002 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys, but in 2004 he was traded to the Cleveland Browns for wide receiver Quincy Morgan after a heated exchange with head coach Bill Parcells.

[edit] Cleveland Browns

Bryant spent the 2004 and 2005 seasons with the Browns before becoming a free agent.

[edit] San Francisco 49ers

Bryant would later sign as a free agent with the 49ers in 2006.
On March 1, 2007 Bryant was released by the 49ers because of clashes with head coach Mike Nolan. This came one year after he signed a four year, $14 million dollar contract.[1]

[edit] Arrest and suspension

Following a victory over the Seattle Seahawks on November 19, 2006, Bryant was arrested for driving his orange Lamborghini faster than 100 mph on Highway 101. He was charged with suspicion of misdemeanor reckless driving, driving under the influence, and resisting arrest. As a result, Bryant was suspended for four games by the NFL. He sat out the final two games of the 2006 season, and was scheduled to sit out the first two games of the 2007 season.

[edit] Reinstatement

On September 17, 2007, Bryant was reinstated by the league, but was not able to sign with a team, partly because of a failed drug test over the summer. In October 2007, he filed a lawsuit against the NFL to try to get them to stop drug testing him since he is not currently a player, and to drop the failed drug test.[1] In December 2007, the case was resolved without the details being released.[2] "

In his first stop, he clashed with Parcells. Doesn't look good to come back to Parcells.
He clashed with Mike Nolan after being signed to the 49ers to a $14mil contract. He got money and then acted up like a four year old. Then he was cut!
Then a DUI going 100mph and suspension by the league. Plus a failed drug test.

Antonio played great this year...completely out of his mind. BUT that is because he wanted to get paid! He will get his money and resort to his childish antics. Plus he will be demanding top WR $$$. He absolutely has the physical skills but he is trouble.

Again I say I don't want to touch this cancer with a 10 foot poll. He only cares about himself. This is what I said in my last post if you would not have just "stopped me right there."

i like the idea, but instead of harrison, its torry holt

If Holt is a free agent as seasons end...look for him to be a Panther within 2 hours of his release.

Marvin will get some looks from a lot of teams. But most will be shy because he packs heat in the meeting.

The Fins need a solid playmaker at WR, for depth and leading this young group of WR's.

TJ, Marvin & Holt all fit the mold. But might not land here or even interview here.

Antonio Bryant threw a towel in Parcells' face when Parcells was the head coach in Dallas.

Not gonna happen.

Big, strong, young WR

That's all we are missing on offense. We need a go to guy. Look at guys like Boldin, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall etc.

That's what we need. Isn't Johnson a FA?

oh dont worry, Bill and his boys know exactly what this team LACKS, they will fix it SOON.
Go Miami.

None of the remaining teams in the AFC playoffs have that BIG stud receiver.

Those players are so overrated. Get a great defense and dominant running game and you are so much better off long term.. Brandon MArshall and Andre Johnson are sitting at home and didn't even make the playoffs.

That's all we are missing on offense. We need a go to guy. Look at guys like Boldin, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall etc.

You don't think our Olinemen getting shot putted into the backfield is an issue?

None of the remaining teams in the AFC playoffs have BIG stud receivers.

Those players are so overrated. Get a great defense and dominant running game and you are so much better long term.. Brandon MArshall and Andre Johnson are sitting at home and didn't even make the playoffs.

I agree. The Dolphins need an upgrade at the wide out position, but this team has more holes then it would appear to most fans. The linebackers need a major upgrade and they need another giant dominating nose tackle. The defense has to find a way to get pressure on the QB when Joey Porter is being shut down, not to mention Porter is older and his play could be on the decline. The defense could also use a top notch corner (you could never have too many corners) and a another safety. On offense, the interior of the offensive line might need to be addressed. Don't get me wrong, I would love a stud wide out, but I would not get my hopes up.

i hope that line there is a joke....because if you really believe what you just said,then you haven't taken a look at our injury depleted patch work O-Line...from LG to RT we need a complete overhaul...

Back
Top Bottom