MergedX3: The WR Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX3: The WR Thread

Baltimore completly owned our oline on one day.
Pats oline got owned last years SB after going 18-0?
your exaggerating how bad our oline is.
So Losaka Polite converting all those 3rd & 4th and 1's this season was his talent alone? Pennington not getting sacked was his ability to scramble away from pressure? Give me a break.
You guys NEED to give this oline more credit than you are for this season.
One dissapointing game and thats all you hear about.
Many of Polite short yardage conversions came from defenders keying on Ronnie and Ricky. Chad Pennington was sacked 26 times this season due to improvements along the offensive line, Long at LT, Smiley at LG and Carey at RT, and the fact that Pennington gets the ball out so quickly.

One disappointing game? You must have forgotten the first two games of the season when we had virtually no running game. Or perhaps you forgot about the first game against the Raven as well. Granted injuries had something to do with that but the offensive line needs to be improve, especially with Smiley being a question mark for next season.

Did you watch how he was doing it. There had to be lots of trickery and misdirection in order to get the D line flowing one way. You keep going back to some short yardage conversions, but, the fact remains that we could not get a consistant running game going and dominate the game without utilizeing the wildcat. That means your O line is NOT physical.

idk if im saying it the right way. im not prasing our oline. It does infact need an upgrade just like the dline, dbs, and lbs.

I just disagree for all the heat they are getting. Problems elsewhere on our offense contributed for teams being able to stop the run for the most part. There is alot of Lineman id like to see us pursue in the free agency, get at least one: Jordan Gross, Jahri Evans, Jon Runyan, Khalif Barnes, Stacy Andrews. all pretty decent with Gross the obvious best

What are you talking about? They Blitz. It's what they do. Our O line could not pick it up. There were WRs and TEs open that day, Chad just didn't hit them. His first INT was over the head of a wide open Ted Ginn. The RAvens were killing Chad, and, our whole Oline. Oour OGs were getting tossed around like paper dolls.
EXACTLY my point...TY GB...i don't know how many times i saw Ray Lewis&Company go straight up our gut to pressure Pennington due to our Center and BOTH Guards being manhandled by the Ravens D-Line...yes Orange Crush,against less talented and weaker defenses,we were able to hold our own...but against elite,more talented,and a STRONG defense like the Ravens..we got absolutely DOMINATED...you see where i'm going with this OC?

Many of Polite short yardage conversions came from defenders keying on Ronnie and Ricky. Chad Pennington was sacked 26 times this season due to improvements along the offensive line, Long at LT, Smiley at LG and Carey at RT, and the fact that Pennington gets the ball out so quickly.

One disappointing game? You must have forgotten the first two games of the season when we had virtually no running game. Or perhaps you forgot about the first game against the Raven as well. Granted injuries had something to do with that but the offensive line needs to be improve, especially with Smiley being a question mark for next season.

ive watched every game havnt missed anything.

What are you talking about? They Blitz. It's what they do. Our O line could not pick it up. There were WRs and TEs open that day, Chad just didn't hit them. His first INT was over the head of a wide open Ted Ginn. The RAvens were killing Chad, and, our whole Oline. Oour OGs were getting tossed around like paper dolls.

yea so run some quick slants and get them to back off the blitz as much.
i guess wat im trying to say here, is if we had more established recieving corps they most likely wouldnt have blitzed as much. They were not afraid of Ginn or Bess beating thier secondary so they could overload the line

EXACTLY my point...TY GB...i don't know how many times i saw Ray Lewis&Company go straight up our gut to pressure Pennington due to our Center and BOTH Guards being manhandled by the Ravens D-Line...yes Orange Crush,against less talented and weaker defenses,we were able to hold our own...but against elite,more talented,and a STRONG defense like the Ravens..we got absolutely DOMINATED...you see where i'm going with this OC?

Yep and id love to see us get Matt Birk and Jahri Evans or antoher OT/OG to help this oline.

i guess wat im trying to say here, is if we had more established recieving corps they most likely wouldnt have blitzed as much. They were not afraid of Ginn or Bess beating thier secondary so they could overload the line

That's a playcalling issue. We were going lateral with bubble screens to try to do just that. Didn't cover up horrid O line play.

Let's look at the final 8 teams and count the stud WR's....

AFC

Baltimore - zero
Tenn - zero
SD - zero (Gates is a TE and Jackson isn't close but he likes his booze though)
Pitts - maybe H.Ward

NFC

NYG - zero
CAR - Steve Smith and he's not what most people are clammering for.
Philly - zero
Ariz - TWO and this is arguably the worst team in the playoffs.

I don't see how this arguement of us needing a stud WR is so valid. Steve Smith is awesome and we have a kid on our team that could potentially play to his level.
H.Ward is real good but far from a stud WR, NE won three recent Superbowls with a good core of WR's and now they now have R.Moss and are 0 for 2. The one thing you can look at those final 7 of 8 teams is Oline and Defense.

AFC

Balt - Awesome Oline and a great Defense
Tenn - Real good Oline and a great defense
Pitts - Good enough Oline and a great defense
SD - Real good Oline and real good defense that's really missing not having Lights Out

NFC

Car - Excellent Oline and a real good defense
NYG - The Oline is called the best in the NFL and they have a great defense
Philly - Real good Oline and a great defense
Ari - The worst division in football is the only reason this team is here. Their Oline played well last week and their defense stepped it up against Turner, but I suspect they'll show their true colours this week.

I think we need to shore up the oline and get some better LB's to play with Crowder and Porter. Doing this will put us in the final eight consistantly and give us the best chance to win the Big One.__________________

I posted this on another thread but I believe this is pretty much the same thread thinking a stud WR will make us so much better. Although it doesn't hurt to have one our priority has to be on the Oline and our Pass rush and Run blitz abilities.

The need for a Centre is huge (A.Mack Please), the G's just need to get healthy and Satele can add to the depth, RT can be solved with re-signing VC or dumping a tonne a money in J.Gross's lap. We need someone to help Porter on the other side to get to the Qb, we also need an ILB to help Crowder out.

With a dominant Oline and R&R attacking defenses our WR's are good enough to get open for Chad. Between Ginn,Bess,Cobbs,Fasano,Martin and Cam we have plenty of talent and if you need anything to me it would be a proven veteran WR to help guide the younglings (T.Holt sounds good to me).

Majority of the teams with a Stud WR are all at home watching the playoffs. Name a team that has a great defense that's at home watching right now.......you can't!!!!!

If our WR's had the abilitly to get open more, Baltimore wouldnt have got to blitz us all day long and get pressure. Again, more issues other than just our oline.
If our O-Line didn't suck so much, they might've actually had time to get open...

If our WR's had the abilitly to get open more, Baltimore wouldnt have got to blitz us all day long and get pressure. Again, more issues other than just our oline.

I think you are fighting an uphill battle on this one... A strong possession receiver is not the way to nullify a blitz... Keep in mind that even when the ball comes out fast your QB more often than not is still getting hit. Even without a sack this can have dramatic consequences on a game.

Also Baltimore was just doing what they do best... They were beating us in the one on one battles and were not bringing the house every time.

The OL (and FB/RB) is the only way to truly and effectively handle a blitz. At this point WR is a luxury while fixing that OL is a PRIORITY.

This is what the Ravens defense does. They will not stop blitzing just because you have established receivers. They blitzed everyone from Cincinnati and Indianapolis this year as well as New England last year.

One word London..., he'll have an off season to prepare and be an impact player...

Camarillo, Ginn and Bess will be splitting time with this guy

Back
Top Bottom