MERGEDX5: TY Law signed to the Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX5: TY Law signed to the Jets

I didn't want Hall. there has to be a good reason the Raiders let him go in the first year of a 7 year $70 million contract.

Precisely.

The Jets are in the "win now mode" mentality. Their future is fairly bleak. Sign big notable name, over the hill players and hope they can contribute.

The Dolphins are in rebuilding stage and with the current regime in place, they will do what ever is needed to win on a consistant basis. Maybe not now, but for many years to come.

Patience.
The Jets are still one of the younger teams in the league when you look at the average players age - Law will probably bump that up a bit though.

He's an upgrade for us at a position we're relatively weak at. We signed him to a one year deal so it won't hurt our future. If he becomes a distraction, Kris Jenkins will eat him.

I like the signing because he gives us an upgrade for this season and as of right now we have a shot at the division.

Ty Law With The Jets!?!?!?!

I'm sitting here watching ESPN & just realized that the Jets just signed this guy. I'll provide the link in a few. This SUCKS!

sounds good to me. Ty Law is all or nothing at CB. He either gets a pick or he gets burnt/Defensive Holding. I'll take those odds.

id he sux so bad, then why would the jets want him?

they are winning! by HUGE margins! the division is most
likely in there hands.

so why would they spend MORE money on a guy who "if he
doesnt get a pick he is burned"?

we could have used him in a HUGE way. he is better at corner
OR safety than ANYONE we have at the moment.

but in all fairness, i am sure ty was just waiting ofr it all to
shake out, pats or jets, whoever looked liked the sure playoff
team and he signed.

but money talks! and miami has PLENTY! they should have made the
push now that we are in a spot to possibly make the playoffs.

If he was still as great as he once was.........he wouldn't have remained out there for so long.And I'm sure the Jets probably gave him a chunk of cash too.I hope so.The Jets are headed for salary cap hell in a couple of years.

likely in there hands.

team and he signed.

1) Jets are going to lose their next three games
2) 32 teams passed on him for 10 weeks straight (actually more if you go all the way back to when he was actually on a team)
3) You can either say the jets are winning by huge margins or the rams are losing by huge margins, either way it works sfor me

Dude this "old, sitting on the coach veteran" is an upgrade over Goodman. I'm sorry but our secondary is that bad. I understand that we are building for the future, but signing law to the rest of the season would not hinder that process one bit.

If the secondary was as bad as your opinion makes them seem, the FO would've done something about it.

likely in there hands.

team and he signed.

If he was so good, why was he available in mid November?

I don't think it was us that decided against signing him was it? I thought he was weighing other offers wanting to play for a contender. Maybe he didn't think we're contenders yet. Or maybe he's like Zach and would never want to play for a team he hates. :D

Either way, can't wait to see him crash and burn with the Gliders and old man river.

So the Jets, a whole game up on the Phins, are contenders while the Phins aren't?

Back
Top Bottom