MERGEDX5: TY Law signed to the Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX5: TY Law signed to the Jets

I don't get this crap you guys are saying with the Jets future is bleak. The Jets have been one of the top drafting teams since Tannenbaum and Mangini took over. Our future is not bleak, the Jets can always add more guys through the draft to develop, this was just getting things going. I mean how can a teams future be bad when your team is drafting studs like Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Washington, Lowery, Keller... *Gholston is a question, don't know if he will ever do anything*
And the Jets still have young studs from the last GM and HC, Jericho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes..
Ty Law gives us a DB that understands the position, doesn't need to be fast as he isn't starting anyways, Dwight Lowery will still be the starter. Law will play CB/S. You can't take away from Law the fact he knows how to read a QB. Plus he knows Mangini, he is close with Darrelle Revis, Revis grew up knowing Ty Law, Law is actually Revis' mentor.

QB is the main issue for the future, but the rest of the team should be fine. Alan Faneca should be good for another 3-4 years. Calvin Pace should be a good player for another 5-6 years, RB is the easiest position to fill so when TJ gets older we can find another. TJ is playing at a probowl level right now leading the AFC in rushing yards. On pace for 1,300+ yards 14 TDs 4.7 average.
The Jets really only need to find long term solutions for 2 spots on the OL, LG and RT. Ferguson and Mangold will be locked up for years to come, both only 24 and are playing at probowl levels.

Our CBs are extremely young, Lowery and Revis are 23 and 22 yrs old. Revis is already one of the top CBs in the game. Rhodes is only 26, so he will be here for a while.
A guy I am excited about is Dustin Keller, 23 yrs old and he looks like a stud. Hasn't gotten a lot of opportunities this year, but he shows so much promise. Yesterday he was showing that potential, ability to stretch the seam and he lines up at WR a lot. Hes going to be one of the top receiving TEs in the game, a match up nightmare.

The division should be competitive between our teams for a while, this is a up and coming division.

Not sure why people are saying the jets are in a win now mode they have the fourth yougest team in the nfl at 26 years and 115 days
did they sign alot of players in the offseason yes but they had the cap space to do so

Not sure why people are saying the jets are in a win now mode they have the fourth yougest team in the nfl at 26 years and 115 days
did they sign alot of players in the offseason yes but they had the cap space to do so

Jetsfan0099 said:
I don't get this crap you guys are saying with the Jets future is bleak.

Not you guys. Me!

Bottom line....
Because the Jets have sold out their immediate future by dumping Pennington in favor of an over the hill HOF QB. By the way, thanks very much.

What are the Jets going to do with all that young talent next year without a freakin quarterback. You guys can't be that myopic. :rolleyes2:

I don't get this crap you guys are saying with the Jets future is bleak. The Jets have been one of the top drafting teams since Tannenbaum and Mangini took over. Our future is not bleak, the Jets can always add more guys through the draft to develop, this was just getting things going. I mean how can a teams future be bad when your team is drafting studs like Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Washington, Lowery, Keller... *Gholston is a question, don't know if he will ever do anything*
And the Jets still have young studs from the last GM and HC, Jericho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes..
Ty Law gives us a DB that understands the position, doesn't need to be fast as he isn't starting anyways, Dwight Lowery will still be the starter. Law will play CB/S. You can't take away from Law the fact he knows how to read a QB. Plus he knows Mangini, he is close with Darrelle Revis, Revis grew up knowing Ty Law, Law is actually Revis' mentor.

QB is the main issue for the future, but the rest of the team should be fine. Alan Faneca should be good for another 3-4 years. Calvin Pace should be a good player for another 5-6 years, RB is the easiest position to fill so when TJ gets older we can find another. TJ is playing at a probowl level right now leading the AFC in rushing yards. On pace for 1,300+ yards 14 TDs 4.7 average.
The Jets really only need to find long term solutions for 2 spots on the OL, LG and RT. Ferguson and Mangold will be locked up for years to come, both only 24 and are playing at probowl levels.

Our CBs are extremely young, Lowery and Revis are 23 and 22 yrs old. Revis is already one of the top CBs in the game. Rhodes is only 26, so he will be here for a while.
A guy I am excited about is Dustin Keller, 23 yrs old and he looks like a stud. Hasn't gotten a lot of opportunities this year, but he shows so much promise. Yesterday he was showing that potential, ability to stretch the seam and he lines up at WR a lot. Hes going to be one of the top receiving TEs in the game, a match up nightmare.

The division should be competitive between our teams for a while, this is a up and coming division.

I explained this on an earlier thread but i will do it again. The problem with law is what you take as a positive. Law knows the game and he knows enough to get him INTO the game. It will not be until he is playing support, out of breath and five yards BEHIND where he is supposed to be (leaving your CB on an island) that you realize law was in fact not good for your team AND actually harmed your team.

What should worry you is that a Miami fan is extremley happy over this signing.

I also do not believe that the jets are in a position to win the division. They havent really proved any type of strength in the teams they have played- in fact the most telling is a game they didnt win but LOST Oakland. I can see why you would want to be optimistic but the tough part of your schedule is NOW and we will know if you are a pretender or a contender in two weeks.

Remember the only decent team you have beaten was Arizona. Yes you beat Miami (coming off their 1-15 season and was just starting to get their sea-legs)

Another telling sign will be when miami plays oakland this week. Maybe they match up well with the AFC east. If they beat us then you can breathe a sigh of relief. If not you better start worrying about Denver in 3 weeks.

At the beginning of the season I took Buffalo to win the division- thats not looking too good right now and as much as I LOVE Miami, we have a lot going against us right now. We cannot lose more than 2 games this year to get into the playoffs. That means we would have to sweep the bills, patriots and then beat the jets the last game of the season- that would also mean one of the other softer teams CANNOT upset us. That tells me the chances are slim THIS YEAR. THAT IS BEING REALISTIC. Especially the way thigpin has been playing with KC lately (that game scares me even though its WEEKS AWAY)

Being realistic puts a sup-par New England into the playoffs- although at this stage of the game I think the Jets and Miami is a better team- they just have a bit more experience coming through in pressure situations.

I also think the Jets are the dave wannstedt dolphins. They could have been a good team but they are starting to panic and make the wrong decisions. Favre was not a good decision, law is not a good decision and I was happy with both those calls. (another reason to doubt)

I do think you have a chance to make the playoffs IF you win 2 out of your next three games (a long shot at best) HOWEVER i would bet my house that once you were there your run would end with a patented late Favre interception.

If i were the owner of the jets I would start making changes to the team the second i lost 2 out of three games to the titans, pats or denver or I would start to believe Mangini was going to do to the jets what wannstedt did to the dolphins- which is destroy it from the ground up.

I explained this on an earlier thread but i will do it again. The problem with law is what you take as a positive. Law knows the game and he knows enough to get him INTO the game. It will not be until he is playing support, out of breath and five yards BEHIND where he is supposed to be (leaving your CB on an island) that you realize law was in fact not good for your team AND actually harmed your team.

What should worry you is that a Miami fan is extremley happy over this signing.

I also do not believe that the jets are in a position to win the division. They havent really proved any type of strength in the teams they have played- in fact the most telling is a game they didnt win but LOST Oakland. I can see why you would want to be optimistic but the tough part of your schedule is NOW and we will know if you are a pretender or a contender in two weeks.

Remember the only decent team you have beaten was Arizona. Yes you beat Miami (coming off their 1-15 season and was just starting to get their sea-legs)

Another telling sign will be when miami plays oakland this week. Maybe they match up well with the AFC east. If they beat us then you can breathe a sigh of relief. If not you better start worrying about Denver in 3 weeks.

At the beginning of the season I took Buffalo to win the division- thats not looking too good right now and as much as I LOVE Miami, we have a lot going against us right now. We cannot lose more than 2 games this year to get into the playoffs. That means we would have to sweep the bills, patriots and then beat the jets the last game of the season- that would also mean one of the other softer teams CANNOT upset us. That tells me the chances are slim THIS YEAR. THAT IS BEING REALISTIC. Especially the way thigpin has been playing with KC lately (that game scares me even though its WEEKS AWAY)

Being realistic puts a sup-par New England into the playoffs- although at this stage of the game I think the Jets and Miami is a better team- they just have a bit more experience coming through in pressure situations.

I also think the Jets are the dave wannstedt dolphins. They could have been a good team but they are starting to panic and make the wrong decisions. Favre was not a good decision, law is not a good decision and I was happy with both those calls. (another reason to doubt)

I do think you have a chance to make the playoffs IF you win 2 out of your next three games (a long shot at best) HOWEVER i would bet my house that once you were there your run would end with a patented late Favre interception.

If i were the owner of the jets I would start making changes to the team the second i lost 2 out of three games to the titans, pats or denver or I would start to believe Mangini was going to do to the jets what wannstedt did to the dolphins- which is destroy it from the ground up.

:sidelol: Unreal. I will not sleep tonight knowing this. Do you actually believe what you post?

:sidelol: :sidelol:

do the jests fans here think they have a chance at beating the pats? if they dont their season is over, and i will sleep soundly thursday night.

do the jests fans here think they have a chance at beating the pats? if they dont their season is over, and i will sleep soundly thursday night.

i don't think there season would be over they would still be 6-4

they would have to go 4-2 over the last 6 games which i think they could do

i don't think there season would be over they would still be 6-4

they would have to go 4-2 over the last 6 games which i think they could do

but then you wake up from your dream and you realize you have to face the titans the next week :lol:

:sidelol: Unreal. I will not sleep tonight knowing this. Do you actually believe what you post?

:sidelol: :sidelol:

:clap:

good job you took a 15 word dig designed get under the skin of jets fans while igonring the other 10 paragraphs.

I dont want to make it too complicated for you. Maybe now we got past those 15 words we can move on to the others or did the group tire you out too much?

:clap:

good job you took a 15 word dig designed get under the skin of jets fans while igonring the other 10 paragraphs.

I dont want to make it too complicated for you. Maybe now we got past those 15 words we can move on to the others or did the group tire you out too much?
The other ten paragraphs weren't nearly as funny!!

Wait. This little gem isn't bad:

"Favre was not a good decision, law is not a good decision and I was happy with both those calls. (another reason to doubt)" :sidelol:

Maybe the Jets should have Mike Tannenbaum check with Dreamwalker before he makes any more deals. Too funny...:lol:

The other ten paragraphs weren't nearly as funny!!

Wait. This little gem isn't bad:

"Favre was not a good decision, law is not a good decision and I was happy with both those calls. (another reason to doubt)" :sidelol:

Maybe the Jets should have Mike Tannenbaum check with Dreamwalker before he makes any more deals. Too funny...:lol:

If you liked that one, then you will LOVE this one

Miami wins
Denver- DIVISION LEADER
Patriots- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego-probably a 500 club
Buffalo- probably a 500 club
Seattle- probably a sub 500 club

Miami losses
Ravens- DIVISION LEADER
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Jets- DIVISION LEADER
Houston- Whom we have never beaten

Jet wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Now we can both roll around in laughter
:sidelol:

If you liked that one, then you will LOVE this one

Miami wins
Denver- DIVISION LEADER
Patriots- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego-probably a 500 club
Buffalo- probably a 500 club
Seattle- probably a sub 500 club

Miami losses
Ravens- DIVISION LEADER
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Jets- DIVISION LEADER
Houston- Whom we have never beaten

Jet wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Now we can both roll around in laughter
:sidelol:

Well, I guess all that stuff makes you feel all :kick: about your team and is supposed to make me :boohoo:, but...........................

I still like ya! You are one hysterical dude :up:

Well, I guess all that stuff makes you feel all :kick: about your team and is supposed to make me :boohoo:, but...........................

I still like ya! You are one hysterical dude :up:

I hope you know i had to tear my fingers from their sockets because they thanked a jets fan.

I hope you are happy, now i have to type with my toes :err:

Back
Top Bottom