Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets

It's an arms race and the Jets are leaving us in their dust.

Time to get off our ***** and get something done. Bring in Marshall for a 2011 1st, send Brown off for a 2nd, and get whatever you can for Smiley. Then either trade up for Eric Berry or down for Earl Thomas.

Parcells is stuck in the 1980's. That's why his teams don't win anything ever.

EXACTLY. Terrel Owens said the very same thing when Parcels left and he was right.

Jets just put us in check. It is going to take a bold move to get us out of this.

The cumulative moves of the two teams this off-season has me scratching my head. It's nice to build through the draft and everything, but we've whiffed in FA for the most part and coupled that with some curious draft picks in the 2nd & 3rd round. This uncapped year was a unique opportunity and to this point we've wasted it.

Marshall is still a d-bag, thug, hoodlum, woman-beater, compulsive liar, and degenerate POS. But we're losing traction in the AFC East and we need to pull a rabbit out of our hat soon. Maybe the best WR in football for a #2 is the answer after all. I can't believe I just typed that.

:bobdole:

This makes me so unbelievably angry. The Jest can get a top-tier wide receiver talent for a FIFTH ROUND PICK, and we're stuck with Davone Bess and a bunch of scrubs and backups. Plus to such an undeserving team. I'm so mad it makes me sick.

The Jets look like a 14 win team. Watch them draft Terrence Cody too, and they will be able to absolutely shut down the run, with Cody backed by Scott and Harris. They already have outstanding corners.

Meanwhile, Miami will draft someone pedestrian like Derrick Morgan while we pass on Dez who will go somewhere and explode.

Our FO better get it together. Very very uninspired right now.

Dez Bryant is as much of a no-brainer as there is, and I can see it in our over-thinking FO that they will not do what is obvious to anyone. Our FO has some attitude that if the general population thinks something, then it has to be wrong because they are so much smarter than us.

It amazes me how our front office will buy into a turd like Incognito, but sit on their collective butts when it comes to making any creative trades...Ireland and Parcells are simply overrated, and imo I feel this is the Tuna's last year in Miami, and maybe Ireland and Sparano too. Why? Well, if the Tuna walks, Ross WILL put in Carl Peterson, and he will want the GM role and his own coach running the team. I'm not for that, I've much rather see the FO show some balls and make some moves to shore up our obvious holes we've had. WR, WR, DT, S, Linebackers in general....I did say WR right?

Anyone who thinks the Jets screwed up by signing LT, trading for Cromartie (3rd rounder) and now Holmes (5th..WTH?!)? The last two are still in their prime. It's not like they're risking much for accomplished high quality players to fill holes on their team.

Would you have given a 3rd or 4th rounder for Holmes? I would..even pending a possible 4 game suspension....he's a proven Play-maker in his early prime, and being a recent SB MVP with the circus catch to win that game a little over a year ago should make anyone want the guy.

What do you think our 2nd(White) and 3rd(Turner) last year will do for us this year...NOTHING! Either one or both of those turds will be gone by the time the season starts...Great job Trifecta!!! Hey we still have GINN & CHOWDER to give us warm fuzzies right?

So, are their any homers out there that still think we even have a chance at coming in 1st or 2nd in the Div? Yeah right...more like 3rd at best, which could be the reason Parcells high tails it out of town; a trick he's very used to.

Question when was the last time Parcells Won a Super Bowl without Belichick(who now has FIVE!)?...NEVER!!!

"New York Giants..In 1979, Belichick began his 12-year stint with the New York Giants alongside head coach Ray Perkins as a defensive assistant and special teams coach. He added linebackers coaching to his duties in 1980 and was named defensive coordinator in 1985 under head coach Bill Parcells, who had replaced Perkins in 1983. The Giants won Super Bowls following the 1986 and 1990 seasons. His defensive game plan from the New York Giants' 20-19 upset of the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXV is now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

I'm looking forward to football season, but to think we don't need a few miracles(cause we don't have the needed talent yet) in 2010 to keep from finishing 7-9 or worse again is nuts.

In the word of Denny Green " if you want to crown em, then crown their ***"!! The Jets thought Grandpa Favre was their way to get a championship.....NOPE! on paper the jets look decent BUT they have 16 games to play! Brady, Moss and Welker is better combo than Sanchez, Edwards and Holmes, ask NE how many rings they got with wes and randy.....ZERO!!! Now guess how many the Jets are gonna have.....ZERO!!! Have FAITH that we are putting together a killer squad, u see what happens to players who dont perform...porter,wilson, roth ...GONE! THE DOLPHINS WILL BE A MAJOR TEAM THIS YEAR!!!

We don't need a stud wr! Especially for a 5th round pick! Who needs a 1300 yard receiver? We have Cam+Hartline+Ginn=1300 yards. Relax guys this is Parcells ball we are going to line up 3 TE sets of Fassano, Sperry, and Haynos. Look at all those weapons we have given Henne! Just wait till we trade Ronnie for a 4th maybe a 3rd. Serious a Superbowl MVP 1200+ yard season WR in his prime for a 5th, oh and we have no FS!

For those here that don't believe this a great acquisition, you are mistaken. Holmes is a quality player who can start on any NFL team today. I hate the Jets but they're taking this seriously and not wasting any time. Even though we swept them, they are clearly the better team at this moment.

We only make trades with the Cowboys and Chiefs. Throw away all 29 other teams.

Wow. I don't think Holmes is a TRUE #1, but for a 5th round pick??? Most 5th round picks barely make the team and ride pine for much of their careers. We could at the very least have replaced Teddy Bear with Santonio!

The FO seriously had better have some aces up their sleeve with regards to the WR position because their inactivity on that front is starting to get annoying. They had some really decent options available (Boldin for 3rd, Holmes for 5th) and passed...better make some noise with those picks fellas.

Are you "HIGH" right now? Seriously...

Bro Im done if we keep letting the jets take all the damn good players we r gonna suck so much next year if we need a freaking WR why not bring this guy DAMNNN!!

Back
Top Bottom