Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets

I know seriously, why the **** didnt't miami try to get him? for a 5th round pick? this is ridiculous...he could have helped a lot and it is a low risk high reward deal there. I can't believe they didn't ask the steelers or try for holmes either..i mean i think they couldve gave up a 5th rounder for holmes..who is miami seriously gonna get for a 5th rounder that is as good as holmes?

To quote the general from Full Metal Jacket: "is that supposed to be some kind of sick joke?"

Very sadly this is the icing on the Jet's incedible offseason cake. If Holmes is only worth a 5th, I'd say you'd have to go back 30 years to the 15rd drafts before Ginn had any value.

I guarantee a 150yd performance against us next year. Imagine Ginn with hands and heart.

Ugggghhh

A 3rd rounder still would have been a fair deal for them, but it's getting him for a 5th that often turns out to be more "miss" than "hit" is what I think rankles everyone including me.

I'm the staunchest defender of the FO, but still I gotta wonder in frustration why they weren't all over this deal, -even if they intend to draft Dez.
Exactly. 99% of 5th rounders will never be what Holmes is.

And as far as the suspension and stuff, who freaking cares? The Jets sure dont. I wouldnt if we got him. They traded a 5th. A 5th. If he misses 4 games, its no big deal. If he kills someone next week, its no big deal. Just cut him and move on. No real damage done. If we are talking about a 1st rounder, then yea, take character into serious consideration regarless of talent. But a low pick like that is generaqlly irrelevant in the long run. Holmes on the other hand wont be irrelevant.

parcells and ireland are really pissing me off!! we aren't doing jack..why didn't we make a deal for him..

The draft pick was actually a 4th round and not a 5th round pick as reported.
Same thing. Chances are the Jets missed out on a Shawn Murphey and got Holmes. Think of the best case scenario for a 4th rounder. Probably about what Holmes is. And thats rare.

They can't afford any bonehead things like Pat White or Patrick Turner this year.

I don't think you should make safe picks all the time though. I like an occassional long shot pick with huge potential.

Wow. I don't think Holmes is a TRUE #1, but for a 5th round pick??? Most 5th round picks barely make the team and ride pine for much of their careers. We could at the very least have replaced Teddy Bear with Santonio!

The FO seriously had better have some aces up their sleeve with regards to the WR position because their inactivity on that front is starting to get annoying. They had some really decent options available (Boldin for 3rd, Holmes for 5th) and passed...better make some noise with those picks fellas.

its time to pull out the big guns & bring in b marshall or v jackson... only way we stay alive in this division

Yay for mediocrity for the Fins. I guess we are getting Bryant since we passed on Holmes.
If we pass on Bryant if he is available when we pick, check for my name in the newspaper the next day.

Rex is getting things done in NY. Damn I can't believe we didn't try to nab him (Holmes) that would have been an amazing grab for us. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the Jets are going to be a tough team to beat for a while and I don't see a repeat of the 2009 sweep in 2010. Maybe if Sparano got that surgery Rex got we could get some good players... To soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom