MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

thefranchisedef

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know we have a game sunday but, for sake of my enjoyment...

the player i would like miami to look at...

1. albert haynesworth
2. nnamid asomugha
3. terrell suggs
4. Ray Lewis :)
5. karlos dansby
6. jordan gross
7. chris gamble
8. julius peppers
9. chris canty
10. gabe watson
11. justin mccariens

Last edited by a moderator:

1. albert haynesworth
2. nnamid asomugha
3. terrell suggs
5. karlos dansby
6. jordan gross
7. chris gamble
8. julius peppers
9. chris canty
10. gabe watson
11. justin mccariens

i believe Gamble has already been resigned. i doubt al davis lets asomugha get away. i have a feeling though we will sign someone on this list possibly suggs.

1. albert haynesworth.....will give our DL a run stuffer.
2. nnamid asomugha....will boost our DB unit big time.
3. terrell suggs....hes a good LB, better than what we have now.
4. Ray Lewis
clear.gif
....hes kinda old, i guess u could bring him in to mentor.
5. karlos dansby....a good LB, like Suggs. better than what we have now.
6. jordan gross....i dont think we need him. Im happy with Long/Carey.
7. chris gamble...he'd be an upgrade over Goodman, but not Allen.
8. julius peppers...great DE, but we're already grooming Langford/Merling.
9. chris canty...meh, hes good. but id rather groom Langford/Merling.
10. gabe watson...he could bring depth to our DL.
11. justin mccariens....hes had no TDs this year, but hes good for depth.

if we could somehow get Haynesworth and Asomugha, ill be ecstatic. But this isnt Madden. Ill take Gamble, Watson, and Suggs. I think thats do-able. it wont cost as much as Haynesworth and Asomugha thats for sure.

You didn't even mention the one I hope we sign -- Oshimogui (not sure the spelling there) Atogwe, FS, St. Louis.

We have a playoff game ahead of us fellas. We have plenty of time to discuss this in the off-season. Go Fins!

1. albert haynesworth
2. nnamid asomugha
3. terrell suggs
5. karlos dansby
6. jordan gross
7. chris gamble
8. julius peppers
9. chris canty
10. gabe watson
11. justin mccariens

Even if Nnamdi Asomugha is franchise tagged, which he will likely be, he would be at the top of my list. He's the most dominant CB in the NFL, not only is he probably the hardest CB to complete a pass against, but he's also one of the best in run support. The Patritots are still going to be the team to beat in the future, and to get past them we're going to need an elite CB to lock onto Randy Moss. If we can stop the Patriots deep threat, that would allow us to focus on stopping the shorter stuff (rushing offense, bubble screens etc.). Asomugha is so good, we may be able to take the safety that would be watching deep, and put him in the box.

1. albert haynesworth.....will give our DL a run stuffer. (will resign with Titans)
2. nnamid asomugha....will boost our DB unit big time. (Re-sign with Raiders, although will be awesome to have)
3. terrell suggs....hes a good LB, better than what we have now. (OLB better than Roth. Can not compare him to MLB. With Charlie Anderson getting better may not look at paying so much for him)
4. Ray Lewis
clear.gif
....hes kinda old, i guess u could bring him in to mentor. (Old if Fins wanted a mentor they would have kept Zach Thomas)
5. karlos dansby....a good LB, like Suggs. better than what we have now. (Not as good as Suggs, better than Roth, and the comes at better price)
6. jordan gross....i dont think we need him. Im happy with Long/Carey. (Agree)
7. chris gamble...he'd be an upgrade over Goodman, but not Allen. (Will be great, plays differently than both players, hard to compare)
8. julius peppers...great DE, but we're already grooming Langford/Merling. (Agreed, do not have room for him)
9. chris canty...meh, hes good. but id rather groom Langford/Merling. (Agreed)
10. gabe watson...he could bring depth to our DL. (Agreed, but we have good depth)
11. justin mccariens....hes had no TDs this year, but hes good for depth. (No way, I take Wilford over him)

if we could somehow get Haynesworth and Asomugha, ill be ecstatic. But this isnt Madden. Ill take Gamble, Watson, and Suggs. I think thats do-able. it wont cost as much as Haynesworth and Asomugha thats for sure.

Play off game first guys!

you mean Asomugha? CB of the Raiders?

and im not sure if id want a DB from the Rams. theyre "d" is pretty crappy.

nope, he means the FS from the rams. Great hands major ball hawk, kinda slow a tad bit but very good playmakers and pretty thick. Doenst lay the wood but I believe he has like 5 FF. hes a serious gamer. had 8 ints last year alone.

Early word in Carolina is they're going to throw a bunch of money at Peppers.

nope, he means the FS from the rams. Great hands major ball hawk, kinda slow a tad bit but very good playmakers and pretty thick. Doenst lay the wood but I believe he has like 5 FF. hes a serious gamer. had 8 ints last year alone.

I thought Atogwe got cut by the Rams during Lenihan's serious mental breakdopwn? Or was that Fakir Brown?

Back
Top Bottom