MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

To the guys that know this better then me BUT can you go after a guys EVEN if he gets franchised? I am almost certain there are picks involved but is getting franchised a done deal, player off the table? I only say this because, while I don't like the idea of giving up picks, isn't Asomugha young? I would almost be inclined to give up the picks to have a chance and have him on our team. Especially since we are going to have Moss to deal with twice a season. Thanks guys.

there are two sorts of franchise tag.. the 1st is where the player gets the average salary of the Top 5 players of his position but then any team would be free to sign him however the team that signs him would have to give up 2 1st round draft picks as somebody mentioned earlier..
but then there is a 2nd version of the franchise tag - the exclusive tag.. If a team slaps him with that then the player is not able/allowed to negotiate with any other team.. The exclusive version is more expensive for the franchise (more lucrative for the player).. The Raiders used the exclusive franchise tag on Asmougha and are expected to do it again.. But if the unlikely case happens that Asmougha hits the free market I would love to see him in Miami :)

Other players i would love to sign that aren't on that list are Bryant MCfadden, O.J Atogwe, and Jordan Gross

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I'm not expecting much at all from the Dolphins when Free Agency rolls around. Just a hunch on my part.

The FA I like is Jason Brown, the center from the Ravens.
He has the size the team wants in a center and would allow Fins to move Satele to guard. He could compete with Thomas at RG and give us depth if our guards get hurt again.

Ravens have several big-time FA (Suggs, Lewis, Scott) and won't be able to keep them all. That could leave us a shot at Brown.

I also think Michael Clayton from Tampa Bay could be an interesting addition at WR. I like Atogwe as well, but can't see the Rams letting him get away.

He has the size the team wants in a center and would allow Fins to move Satele to guard. He could compete with Thomas at RG and give us depth if our guards get hurt again.

Ravens have several big-time FA (Suggs, Lewis, Scott) and won't be able to keep them all. That could leave us a shot at Brown.

I also think Michael Clayton from Tampa Bay could be an interesting addition at WR. I like Atogwe as well, but can't see the Rams letting him get away.

The guy I would like to see most is Bart Scott. The guy is a great ILB which is what we need. I would take Suggs as well...

Scott may benefit alot from everyone prepping against Lewis, so that worries me that here he'd be the guy and may not live up to snuff. Suggs on the otherhand has been excellent and is entering the prime years of his career and would be worth every penny thrown at him.

Signing Nnamdi Asomugha would be huge.

This guys could bring our secondary to the next level.

The guy I would like to see most is Bart Scott. The guy is a great ILB which is what we need. I would take Suggs as well...

Scott is a huge talent. I am just worried he is not what we are looking for mentally. He has been known to lose his cool and even get taken out of games

Sign Albert Haynesworth to help stop the run and Terrell Suggs to help joy with the pass rush. With the help from both them we really don’t need to spend a lot of money on a shut down CB. Pressure on the QB will help improve the secondary; we can build the secondary from the draft.

McCariens is a guy I could see us going after. Clayton from Tampa wouldn't be a bad pickup, as long as we didn't give him too much $$$. He's been up and down for them his entire career.

I don't want to see Justin McCareins ever wear this uniform, he couldn't catch a pass if his life depended it on it.

He has the size the team wants in a center and would allow Fins to move Satele to guard. He could compete with Thomas at RG and give us depth if our guards get hurt again..

hes good. But we have donald thomas on IR, Justin Smiley on IR, Satele at C. Brandon Frye, Andy Alleman, Nduwke, and Al Johnson have been playing interior the past few games and doing a darn good job. i just dont see us going after or even PICKING an OL in this draft or FA's. Well, we may draft an OT to backup, since we have no decent backup OTs.

Back
Top Bottom