MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX8:The Free Agency Thread

1. albert haynesworth.....will give our DL a run stuffer.
2. nnamid asomugha....will boost our DB unit big time.
3. terrell suggs....hes a good LB, better than what we have now.
4. Ray Lewis
clear.gif
....hes kinda old, i guess u could bring him in to mentor.
5. karlos dansby....a good LB, like Suggs. better than what we have now.
6. jordan gross....i dont think we need him. Im happy with Long/Carey.
7. chris gamble...he'd be an upgrade over Goodman, but not Allen.
8. julius peppers...great DE, but we're already grooming Langford/Merling.
9. chris canty...meh, hes good. but id rather groom Langford/Merling.
10. gabe watson...he could bring depth to our DL.
11. justin mccariens....hes had no TDs this year, but hes good for depth.

if we could somehow get Haynesworth and Asomugha, ill be ecstatic. But this isnt Madden. Ill take Gamble, Watson, and Suggs. I think thats do-able. it wont cost as much as Haynesworth and Asomugha thats for sure.

i totally disagree. i think goodman has been playing better than allen the past couple of weeks. especially against the jets.

you mean Asomugha? CB of the Raiders?

and im not sure if id want a DB from the Rams. theyre "d" is pretty crappy.
He's talking about O.J. Atogwe (Oshiomogho), who is probably the most underrated FS in the league. I think he is an RFA and I doubt the Rams will let him go.

I know we have a game sunday but, for sake of my enjoyment...

the player i would like miami to look at...

1. albert haynesworth
2. nnamid asomugha
3. terrell suggs
4. Ray Lewis :)
5. karlos dansby
6. jordan gross
7. chris gamble
8. julius peppers
9. chris canty
10. gabe watson
11. justin mccariens

did you forget the likes of Housh? or a trade for boldin?

but from your list of players, i would like terrell suggs:up:

Even if Nnamdi Asomugha is franchise tagged, which he will likely be, he would be at the top of my list. He's the most dominant CB in the NFL, not only is he probably the hardest CB to complete a pass against, but he's also one of the best in run support. The Patritots are still going to be the team to beat in the future, and to get past them we're going to need an elite CB to lock onto Randy Moss. If we can stop the Patriots deep threat, that would allow us to focus on stopping the shorter stuff (rushing offense, bubble screens etc.). Asomugha is so good, we may be able to take the safety that would be watching deep, and put him in the box.

To the guys that know this better then me BUT can you go after a guys EVEN if he gets franchised? I am almost certain there are picks involved but is getting franchised a done deal, player off the table? I only say this because, while I don't like the idea of giving up picks, isn't Asomugha young? I would almost be inclined to give up the picks to have a chance and have him on our team. Especially since we are going to have Moss to deal with twice a season. Thanks guys.

If a player is franchised and another team signs him, the franchising team gets two first round picks.

If the Raiders 'chise Asomugha, then we can say goodbye to getting him for this offseason

To the guys that know this better then me BUT can you go after a guys EVEN if he gets franchised? I am almost certain there are picks involved but is getting franchised a done deal, player off the table? I only say this because, while I don't like the idea of giving up picks, isn't Asomugha young? I would almost be inclined to give up the picks to have a chance and have him on our team. Especially since we are going to have Moss to deal with twice a season. Thanks guys.

We would likely have to give up 2 first round picks, but he's worth it.

The one guy who i would absolutely love to have here is Big Albert Haynesworth. If we can't get him, then my second choice would be Nnamdi Asomugha.

He's talking about O.J. Atogwe (Oshiomogho), who is probably the most underrated FS in the league. I think he is an RFA and I doubt the Rams will let him go.

he is underrated b/c he plays for hte rams but I believe hes a UFA not RFA.

i totally disagree. i think goodman has been playing better than allen the past couple of weeks. especially against the jets.

I agree. GOodman has been dominating believe it or not cuz i dont and they dont throw his way anymore so they pick on Allen instead and its been working better.

Asomugha would be a solid addition..plan on him getting slapped with the franchise tag via Oakland

Suggs would be GREAT, he can get the INT, play the run, and pass rush. Thats who we need opposite of porter to rush the pass.

Wait, how many times can one player be franchised?

Asomugha was franchised last year, so does that mean he can or can't be franchised again?

Back
Top Bottom