Metrics On Tua From Barry Jackson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Metrics On Tua From Barry Jackson

For his career, when trailing in a one-possession game with under five minutes remaining, Tagovailoa is 53 of 89 (59.6 percent) for 601 yards (6.8 yards per attempt) with six touchdowns, four interceptions and a passer rating of 83.6. This season, he was 14 for 25 for 134 yards, with one TD and one INT, in those situations. That’s a poor 64.4 passer rating. And Miami was 2-3 in those games involving the NFL’s equivalent of “clutch time” in the NBA.

And there’s this: In the fourth quarter this season, Tagovailoa’s 75.9 passer rating was 18th among starters who played in at least 10 games; San Francisco’s Brock Purdy was at 123.8 and Buffalo’s Josh Allen was at 104.0.

When facing quarterback pressure, Tagovailoa had a dismal 57.5 passer rating; only Zach Wilson, Bryce Young and Mac Jones were worse among qualifiers, per Pro Football Focus. Tagovailoa completed only 46 of 113 passes when pressured (40.7 percent) with two touchdowns and two interception

On the flip side, Tagovailoa was exceptional with a clean pocket: His 112.5 passer rating when he was well protected was third best in the league, behind only Purdy (125.4) and Detroit’s Jared Goff (114.5). But his 12 interceptions when kept clean also led the league.

Tagovailoa remained well above average on deep ball accuracy, or specifically, passes that traveled at least 20 air yards. Among quarterbacks that threw at least 40 such passes, Tagovailoa completed the fourth-highest percentage of them (50.8), behind only Purdy (63.8), Houston’s CJ Stroud (56.1) and the Rams’ Matt Stafford (51.9). That’s according to PFF. Tagovailoa’s seven interceptions on such plays were third most, behind Allen’s nine and Philadelphia QB Jalen Hurts’ eight.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article284365594.html#storylink=cpy

IMG_1315.jpeg

He can improve his foot speed and his scrambling. And when to run.

This season was a weird reaction to the concussions of last year (re: bulking up and scrambling).

The offense can be improved by having better available hot reads, outlet passes, quick hitters, etc. to him, if there's quick pressure.

If you think what you've seen of Tua is the best you'll ever see, you don't know him.

He will work to master whatever facet of his game is holding him back.
^^ Yes - not sure why we had none of this going on this year. What the hell happened?

I even saw one breakdown of one play, where Tua's hot read was on the opposite side of the field.

Like "C'mon McSweatsuit - get your head out of your a$$."

Tua isnt good when pressured.
Who out there on the planet doesn't know this.
He is short. He cant scramble. He is slow. Who doesn't know this.
For him to succeed the Fins have to have an elite OLine that can give him a clean pocket.
The FO has to get better at fixing the Oline or they will lose all the big games again next year.

Why does everyone keep saying this about Tua when all the guys above him never had a chance with a terrible oline? With the guys he had blocking for him, inconsistencies and injuries, we still made it to the playoffs. But it showed when it came down to playing tough defenses.

This is a terrible take as ALL the QBs in the playoffs have a Good Oline built around them. I get it, Tua is not mobile like them, but givem a chance to see the field with better protection in front of him. He doesnt need it to be elite, just better.

Does anyone know where we ranked in the money down 3rd down?

We finished 12th on the year. Relatively Evenly split home and away.

DO not look at the last 3 games or last game %'s.......

1706441921212.png

on 4th qtr TOP which to me is a very important stat, we ranked 28th- ahead of some Sh^t teams.

1706442499510.png

29th in 2022 so we need to figure out how to move those chains or score at will in 24

Attachments

• 1706441892925.png
    1706441892925.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 1
one little nit about drew brees. in the postseason, as good as he was in the regular season, and with a great coach, he could never win outside of the dome...i think the year he won the SB, all home playoff games, then a super bowl in a dome. i think he also had a real hard time on the road and in cold weather, especially in the playoffs, and the saints would lose those games all the time. pretty much a lock to bet against brees outside in the cold

You can just look that stuff up.

Brees helped the Saints to a 13-0 start that year and sat out the final game. The Saints hosted thru the Playoffs.

They won the Super Bowl in Miami.

We finished 12th on the year. Relatively Evenly split home and away.

DO not look at the last 3 games or last game %'s.......

View attachment 159500

on 4th qtr TOP which to me is a very important stat, we ranked 28th- ahead of some Sh^t teams.

View attachment 159501

29th in 2022 so we need to figure out how to move those chains or score at will in 24
Isnt it interesting, in a bad way, that as we started to get healthier we got worse as an offense ?

I feel like Tua lost some of his confidence too

Oh look another lazy thread from Tua's Tushboi.

At least add a LITTLE bit of your own thoughts rather than just copy pasting lmao. Unless you're Barry Jackson, which would be kinda funny and stheread.
What are you talking about? That article isn’t positive for Tua, it’s the opposite? Personally, I think that’s an interesting group of statistics. There were many categories where you could say Tua was outstanding. But, those stats when behind, in the clutch, are pretty damning quite frankly.

Oh look, another bash the OP without addressing the thread ...

You can put statistics together in whatever fashion that looks good to you ... or bad.

As an NFL Qb you have to be the centerpiece and leader of the offense... at least, IMO ...

Tua has plenty of stats and games that show he can play in this league ... what he hasn't shown is the ability to shoulder the team (consistently) the way the "elite" Qb's show practically on a weekly basis. Do those Qb's have a better OL every time they show their "it" factor? :shrug: Regardless of the "reasons" in your minds, if you think Tua has displayed the traits of a champion NFL quarterback then your standards may be too low IMO.:cheers:
He's a great passer of the ball when the timing works out ... when it doesn't you could flip a coin.

I know, right? Good thing he's only 25.:chuckle:
Tua is turning 26 in March. Lamar Jackson just turned 27 in January 7 and two-time Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes turned 28 last September. How long until you stop making excuses for him?

What's interesting is Tua lead the league again in time to throw and still ended up getting pressured on 20% of his attempts.
Football-reference has this as 15.7%, which ranks 29th out of 32 QBs.

Where are you getting 20% from?

We have a few things to be happy about we just need to better at playcalling and getting the right defensive coordinator in here

Football-reference has this as 15.7%, which ranks 29th out of 32 QBs.

Where are you getting 20% from?

I took it from the article...
When facing quarterback pressure, Tagovailoa had a dismal 57.5 passer rating; only Zach Wilson, Bryce Young and Mac Jones were worse among qualifiers, per Pro Football Focus. Tagovailoa completed only 46 of 113 passes when pressured (40.7 percent) with two touchdowns and two interception
113 passes when pressured... Tua had 560 pass attempts this season... 113/560 = 20.17857143%

Isnt it interesting, in a bad way, that as we started to get healthier we got worse as an offense ?

I feel like Tua lost some of his confidence too
We have to find a way to win December/January games.

There’s early season (1st 10 or so) that we can seem to fair well and look strong.. It’s the last leg is where we need to overcome…. Badly.

Here’s the reality. No shot at Tua- BUT he has to be the Man to carry us when we are down/on the road/understaffed etc

We shall see

Tua is turning 26 in March. Lamar Jackson just turned 27 in January 7 and two-time Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes turned 28 last September. How long until you stop making excuses for him?
LOL ... Please remind me where I have made excuses for any player ...

There was another poster (circumstances) who said something to the affect that Tua was still getting better and ... just wait and see ... I quoted it but the post didn't show up in my post ... only my response to it to which I replied ... I know right, good thing he's only 25 ... as a smartass type humor ...

Your post is irrelevant to the "conversation" ... find another to pick a fight ... :cheers: ... or comment on the thread title.

Back
Top Bottom