Miami, bottom landing spot for coach? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami, bottom landing spot for coach?

Why would working for Ross be bad? He’s shown he will spend money wherever. He doesn’t overreach on decisions. You have Grier who seems to let the HC do what they want and support them. Ross wants to win. Like me. And all of us. Ross has failed at finding the right HC but other than that he’s an owner I don’t really mind.

You would think that coaching our Dolphins would be a great job. Was listening to ESPN radio and they did an entire segment on "Which coaching job would you take".
They had a bunch of different guys on, some X-HCs, some from Sports media and a GM.
No one even mentioned our team.

*Most picked Denver. As they think that team has a great culture built in and is ready to win now if you can get a QB.
*Second was Jaguars due to Lawrence, and great draft picks.
*Third was the Giants due the owners dedication and proven success (4 Superbowls).

Honestly, I was shocked that we really weren't even discussed. It's like we are invisible or something.

My thoughts on why our HC opening is great.
*Number 1 in cap to spend
*Defense is good to go once we sign Ogbah.
*Solid draft picks. Bears don't even have a first rounder.
*Very young, talented team.
*Miami, is an amazing city to live in!

Your thoughts?
Absolutely agree, However the only hinderance to getting an Experienced HC is how much say he has in the upcoming draft and personnel selection and signings. How much say is Grier willing to give up?

Denver really is just qb away and giants are a respected franchise but have a long way to go. Denver and Miami are the best jobs available imo

The donkeys are up for sale

p.s. Who really in their right mind wants to work with/for Elway?

By way of balance I watched PTI yesterday and one of the presenters said Miami was the top job and the other said it was in the top 2 (not sure but think he said Denver was the top one)
They both agreed that the Giants was by far the worst landing spot. They only thing they have going for them is that they share a city with the Jets.

The Dolphins have an owner in his 80s who shuffles head coaches every 3 years and is determined to throw you under the bus if his judgment was questioned. That combination can't be near the top of the list. A first time coach would know he's likely investing his career and reputation on Tua. He'd be a fool not to evaluate the upside of that.

I always think big picture and not recency. IMO, the Giants job is best. That's where I would want to go. The Maras have always focused long term. They aren't impatient and the owner is nearly 15 years younger than Ross. His comments regarding Judge were measured and proper.

The Giants are fortunate that their version of Grier just stepped down. Gettleman somehow decided Daniel Jones looked like a pro quarterback, even though his stats never threaten 7 YPA and looked more like a 3rd to 5th round pick. Fast forward three seasons and Daniel Jones has still not managed anything close to 7 YPA. He gets stuck at 6.6 or 6.7 every season.

The Giants have multiple early picks and flexibility. They can trade for picks next year, which should be superior for quarterbacks especially if Grayson McCall is available. He was the only college quarterback in 2021 who reached the gold standard of 11 YPA. In fact, McCall nearly managed 12 YPA.

The new Giants coach won't be blamed for Daniel Jones and can move on from him. John Mara will understand the process. He's already said he knows it won't happen overnight. Meanwhile Ross expects the next Dolphin coach to start winning big with an RPO quarterback.

Get real, don't be ignorant
Are you calling "me"ignorant?
Do you understand what ignorant is? Also, do you understand the English language? The only part of my OP that was my opinion was "Why Miami, is a great place to coach".
Did you miss the part where I was simply relaying the segment on ESPN radio? I'm so confused as to how your brain fails to assimilate simple sentences.

The Dolphins have an owner in his 80s who shuffles head coaches every 3 years and is determined to throw you under the bus if his judgment was questioned. That combination can't be near the top of the list. A first time coach would know he's likely investing his career and reputation on Tua. He'd be a fool not to evaluate the upside of that.

I always think big picture and not recency. IMO, the Giants job is best. That's where I would want to go. The Maras have always focused long term. They aren't impatient and the owner is nearly 15 years younger than Ross. His comments regarding Judge were measured and proper.

The Giants are fortunate that their version of Grier just stepped down. Gettleman somehow decided Daniel Jones looked like a pro quarterback, even though his stats never threaten 7 YPA and looked more like a 3rd to 5th round pick. Fast forward three seasons and Daniel Jones has still not managed anything close to 7 YPA. He gets stuck at 6.6 or 6.7 every season.

The Giants have multiple early picks and flexibility. They can trade for picks next year, which should be superior for quarterbacks especially if Grayson McCall is available. He was the only college quarterback in 2021 who reached the gold standard of 11 YPA. In fact, McCall nearly managed 12 YPA.

The new Giants coach won't be blamed for Daniel Jones and can move on from him. John Mara will understand the process. He's already said he knows it won't happen overnight. Meanwhile Ross expects the next Dolphin coach to start winning big with an RPO quarterback.
Only point I would argue here….post-Coughlin, Mara has gotten very impatient with head coaches. McAdoo, Shurmur, and Judge all got 2 seasons or less. All three were terrible hires, so maybe Mara should be applauded for correcting mistakes quickly.

Mara and Ross seem to have the same general problem lately - hiring inexperienced coaches with weak resumes.

There are only 32 head coaching jobs available in the NFL, they are all coveted by coaches.

Must be a really shitty situation for them to stoop that low...

1642116222314.png

Back
Top Bottom