Miami, bottom landing spot for coach? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami, bottom landing spot for coach?

I don't know why people would say Miami is undesirable for a HC.

1. Highest cap space of all teams in 2022
  2. Young roster
  3. 17 drafts picks in the next two years including three 1st
  4. 2 of the last 3 seasons were winning seasons
I mean rebuild the line, no big deal, two FA signings and a draft pick and that's completed. Add a WR and sign some of your FA and the team is basically complete. The team is actually in great shape.
I am inclined to agree with you on those points you listed, so therefore the problem must be something else. Even if Tua is not Steve Young reincarnated, there's so much potential to fix that through the draft. So what is it that would steer quality coaching candidates away? The way I see things right now, we can't even get quality coordinators to come down here. Our last HC hire wasn't the DC of the Patriots, he was the Linebackers coach... Does this not seem like a symptom of a much bigger problem?

This team seems at a complete deficit in league credit, and the more desirable candidates feel out of reach to us. Denver always seems to be flush with this so-called credit. Same with the Giants. Bill Parcells was the last seemingly good thing we got access to. He caught the next train out of town when Ross bought the team -- literally, the guy hates to fly.

Agree with your points on the Miami job.

”Just get a QB” in Denver? As if that’s easy. They haven’t been able to find one since they got lucky convincing Manning to finish up there.

Jacksonville is decently attractive, but Miami has a much shorter distance to travel.

The Giants roster is horrendous.

Exactly. A number of bottom tier teams have been 'just getting a QB' for years. It's hard to do and there is more to success than a good QB.
I admit to prejudice, but I think Mia should be top 3. Fans will get a hint if the number of 'declines' is excessive

When I hear an owner is clueless I just zone out. Every team not named the Patriots thinks that for the most part at some point about their owner.

He's done a couple dumb things, but Ross is far from our biggest issue.
And how is he not the biggest issue, when he's directly responsible for every issue below him...yet hasn't learned to correct/prevent said issues? He's been around long enough to have developed some acumen in the role. So far, it would appear he's only learned to fire an HC a few games faster.

Patriots have earned it as well...there are countless Pats fans who are still pissed about them letting Brady go, and blame the owner for letting BB do it.

NFL “experts” always downplay the dolphins job.

Other than maybe Jacksonville, this is the best gig. Tons of cap and picks coming up for a team that’s already pretty good

You would think that coaching our Dolphins would be a great job. Was listening to ESPN radio and they did an entire segment on "Which coaching job would you take".
They had a bunch of different guys on, some X-HCs, some from Sports media and a GM.
No one even mentioned our team.

*Most picked Denver. As they think that team has a great culture built in and is ready to win now if you can get a QB.
*Second was Jaguars due to Lawrence, and great draft picks.
*Third was the Giants due the owners dedication and proven success (4 Superbowls).

Honestly, I was shocked that we really weren't even discussed. It's like we are invisible or something.

My thoughts on why our HC opening is great.
*Number 1 in cap to spend
*Defense is good to go once we sign Ogbah.
*Solid draft picks. Bears don't even have a first rounder.
*Very young, talented team.
*Miami, is an amazing city to live in!

Your thoughts?
the biggest reason is any HC would be under Ross and Grier........if a HC was allowed to have a say on who the GM would be then Miami would be the top job out there.

the biggest reason is any HC would be under Ross and Grier........if a HC was allowed to have a say on who the GM would be then Miami would be the top job out there.
That's not how it generally works but if someone like Harbaugh says I will sign but Grier has to go or answers to me then yes dump Grier.

That's not how it generally works but if someone like Harbaugh says I will sign but Grier has to go or answers to me then yes dump Grier.
most of the time the GM and HC are both let go except here where Ross continues to do things half way........the one constant of the last 20 years of losing is Grier and yet he's still here. That's Ross for you. How are you going to build a winning culture when the guy in charge has been a big part of the losing for the whole century?

most of the time the GM and HC are both let go except here where Ross continues to do things half way........the one constant of the last 20 years of losing is Grier and yet he's still here. That's Ross for you. How are you going to build a winning culture when the guy in charge has been a big part of the losing for the whole century?
Yep. He should have been fired with Flo but Ross is Ross.

I think the media is angry about Flores. This is a good situation for many of the reasons poster by others. In addition, if they like Tua great but if they don’t we have the ammo and willingness to change. I think it’s a good situation.

Get real, don't be ignorant. Miami was and will always be a great landing spot for a coach. Where do you people come off? Saban was sought-after and he signed here, didn't keep Parcells from coming here although he didn't come as a coach. Fisher wanted in but we kicked him to the curb. I have never heard of an NFL coach say "Hello NO, not Miami"
Never.

Get real, don't be ignorant. Miami was and will always be a great landing spot for a coach. Where do you people come off? Saban was sought-after and he signed here, didn't keep Parcells from coming here although he didn't come as a coach. Fisher wanted in but we kicked him to the curb. I have never heard of an NFL coach say "Hello NO, not Miami"
Never.

Saban was a long time ago. Since Ross has taken over in 2009 we have had 6 coaches “2 interim”. Coaches don’t last here. Philbin lasted the longest. Miami doesn’t look too appealing

Saban was a long time ago. Since Ross has taken over in 2009 we have had 6 coaches “2 interim”. Coaches don’t last here. Philbin lasted the longest. Miami doesn’t look too appealing
Money talks
Never a problem

I don't see why it would be considered a great job.

You know going in if there's a discrepancy between you and the front office that you're going to lose. If you're someone with a bright future or potential you don't want this type of job to derail your progress.

We're probably only going to be of interest to someone that would be happy to have any HC job.

Back
Top Bottom