Miami DEAD LAST in 40+ yd passing plays.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami DEAD LAST in 40+ yd passing plays..

FWIW, the Chiefs would have us beat in that category if Jamaal Charles wasn't so good at taking dumpoff passes 70 yards. :lol:

I know everyone expects Dan Marino hail Mary's all day (don't lie, you do). But here's a quick quiz: In the last decade, how many Super Bowl winning QBs even topped 300 yards passing in the game?

The answer:01. Aaron Rodgers (a blistering 304 yards). So we've got two options here Dolphins fans: 1. Swiftly pick up the next Dan Marino / Aaron Rodgers (because there's tons of them out there, duh) 2. build a great team around an average QB (you know, like 99% of other Super Bowl winners. ) You chose.

I know everyone expects Dan Marino hail Mary's all day (don't lie, you do). But here's a quick quiz: In the last decade, how many Super Bowl winning QBs even topped 300 yards passing in the game?

The answer:01. Aaron Rodgers (a blistering 304 yards). So we've got two options here Dolphins fans: 1. Swiftly pick up the next Dan Marino / Aaron Rodgers (because there's tons of them out there, duh) 2. build a great team around an average QB (you know, like 99% of other Super Bowl winners. ) You chose.

You have to go back a long time to get to a superbowl played by an average QB - 2007 Bears.
You have to go back even further to get to a superbowl won by an average QB - 2003 Bucs.

Winning and even playing in a SB with an average QB is next to impossible these days. Flacco and Eli are the closest to average and they both played great in the biggest games. Good luck trying to win with an average QB, because it doesn't ever really happen anymore.

You have to go back a long time to get to a superbowl played by an average QB - 2007 Bears.
You have to go back even further to get to a superbowl won by an average QB - 2003 Bucs.

Winning and even playing in a SB with an average QB is next to impossible these days. Flacco and Eli are the closest to average and they both played great in the biggest games. Good luck trying to win with an average QB, because it doesn't ever really happen anymore.

Define average?

You know I was just sitting here thinking that we needed yet ANOTHER thread about this. I mean, it has been a few hours since the last dead horse was beaten. Thank GOD that you started another "no deep ball" thread. You my friend are a God send. :up:

More criteria to add for the new QB.

New QB must complete passes over 40 yards regularly to compensate for the receivers inability to break tackles and get yards after catch....check.

Oh Gee, lemme see.. who was that young man that won the Super Bowl last year... hmmmm.. oh that's right: Russell Wilson. Dude throws for maybe 200 yards a game. You're being fed horse crap believing these SB winning QB's are all time greats. P.S. Ben Rothlisberger started out his first few years playing just like Tannehill, except he was not expected to carry the team like RT is. In the SB Rapistburger threw it like 18 times for 180 something yards. Is this an "elite QB" hell no. Granted he looks good now, but why can't RT progress as well...

Oh Gee, lemme see.. who was that young man that won the Super Bowl last year... hmmmm.. oh that's right: Russell Wilson. Dude throws for maybe 200 yards a game. You're being fed horse crap believing these SB winning QB's are all time greats. P.S. Ben Rothlisberger started out his first few years playing just like Tannehill, except he was not expected to carry the team like RT is. In the SB Rapistburger threw it like 18 times for 180 something yards. Is this an "elite QB" hell no. Granted he looks good now, but why can't RT progress as well...
That's not his fault. They only asked him to throw an average of 26 passes a game. Everyone knows you can't win in this league with a dominating running game and shutdown defense that only gave up about 13 ppg last year. Got to have a QB that can do it all.

You need a good QB to win consistently. I think we have a good QB. I do not think we have a good team around the QB, or good coaching.

Last year's Seahawks were an exception. That defense is absolutely dominant, they are extremely well-coached, and there is a reason they call Marshawn Lynch "beast mode." He takes over games.

Instead of following the model of the Seahawks, we need to try to follow the model of a team like the Ravens, who took a good -- but not great -- QB and have had a lot of success by building around him with a great coach. If our QB develops to become great, then we'll simply be ahead of the game.

Those guys make plays and elevate their teams in the biggest games (not just SBs). RT folds, always has and probably always will. How has RT closed out the last 2 seasons with playoffs on the line? How did BR and RW do their first 2 years? I rest my case.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

You need a good QB to win consistently. I think we have a good QB. I do not think we have a good team around the QB, or good coaching.

Last year's Seahawks were an exception. That defense is absolutely dominant, they are extremely well-coached, and there is a reason they call Marshawn Lynch "beast mode." He takes over games.

Instead of following the model of the Seahawks, we need to try to follow the model of a team like the Ravens, who took a good -- but not great -- QB and have had a lot of success by building around him with a great coach. If our QB develops to become great, then we'll simply be ahead of the game.

Wilson makes plays in times of crisis. RT does not. Flacco plays his best in the biggest games. RT does not.

Those guys make plays and elevate their teams in the biggest games (not just SBs). RT folds, always has and probably always will. How has RT closed out the last 2 seasons with playoffs on the line? How did BR and RW do their first 2 years? I rest my case.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Wilson makes plays in times of crisis. RT does not. Flacco plays his best in the biggest games. RT does not.

Not one part of our team performs when we need them to! Are we going to act like RT is the only thing that folds? Our coaches fold, our D folds, Our ST's fold, Our O line folds. Everything. Out of the things that have performed most consistently on this team RT may be at the top. Our D has had moments and probably won some games but have also cost us games.

Back
Top Bottom