Miami DEAD LAST in 40+ yd passing plays.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami DEAD LAST in 40+ yd passing plays..

Oh Gee, lemme see.. who was that young man that won the Super Bowl last year... hmmmm.. oh that's right: Russell Wilson. Dude throws for maybe 200 yards a game. You're being fed horse crap believing these SB winning QB's are all time greats. P.S. Ben Rothlisberger started out his first few years playing just like Tannehill, except he was not expected to carry the team like RT is. In the SB Rapistburger threw it like 18 times for 180 something yards. Is this an "elite QB" hell no. Granted he looks good now, but why can't RT progress as well...

Dude, don't get caught up on stats....watch the game too, Ben made some tremendous plays his rookie yr, when you watched him you knew he had what it took to get the job done, same with Flacco, it might not be pretty at times, but when his team needed him to make that drive down the field against adversity they proved they could do it....I haven't seen that with RT yet. That Pat game last yr was the closest he has come to that but then he followed it up with two of his worst games against lesser teams.....doesn't mean RT will never be able to do it, we just haven't seen it yet so please don't compare tier mediocre numbers to RT mediocre numbers and thing they are the same players at that stage in their careers....not even close....

I'll give you this: Good QB's cover deficiencies... to some extent. Our team oozes lack of talent, that RT (who is average) cannot cover. There are at least 12 teams that would snatch up RT over their starter in an instant.

Dude, don't get caught up on stats....watch the game too, Ben made some tremendous plays his rookie yr, when you watched him you knew he had what it took to get the job done, same with Flacco, it might not be pretty at times, but when his team needed him to make that drive down the field against adversity they proved they could do it....I haven't seen that with RT yet. That Pat game last yr was the closest he has come to that but then he followed it up with two of his worst games against lesser teams.....doesn't mean RT will never be able to do it, we just haven't seen it yet so please don't compare tier mediocre numbers to RT mediocre numbers and thing they are the same players at that stage in their careers....not even close....

What I'm saying is, quit expecting a Hall of Fame QB. Eli Manning - 2 rings, Peyton Manning, 1. rest my case. Teams that overly relay on their QB do not win SB's . It's a fact. exhibit a). Dan Marino.

The funny thing is that if these dolts actually watched a game, they would notice that very very few passes FLY 40 yards, they are 15 yard passes turned into 60 yard TDs. When Rodgers (who was shutdown by Buffalo yesterday, and threw no TDs and 2 INT, so obviously he sucks) it up the Bears. A couple of the TDs to Nelson were short slants and crosses that Nelson made a great play on and took to the house.

It's called YAC (yards after catch)

We don't have that.

That's what I thought............

No time to waste with you.

RT is #16 in Qb rating and #30 in Ypa and has a sub .500 winning %. That is below average in the NFL in about every meaningful statistic. What is your objective criteria for QB averageness?

Last edited by a moderator:
RT is #16 in Qb rating and #30 in Ypa and has a sub .500 winning %. That is below average in the NFL in about ever meaningful statistic. What is your objective criteria for QB averageness?

Ok. Name his replacement? When you point out a problem but don't give a solution it's called whining. I'm sure you'll be stoked to pick up " fill in the blank of 2nd round QB bust from Mississippi Tech" or available free agents EJ Manuel or Thad Lewis.

Ok. Name his replacement? When you point out a problem but don't give a solution it's called whining. I'm sure you'll be stoked to pick up " fill in the blank of 2nd round QB bust from Mississippi Tech" or available free agents EJ Manuel or Thad Lewis.

You have to roll with him next year and hope something clicks and he gets better. I hope it happens, I really like him and he has the tools. I want him to succeed, but I don't see it in him and he has never done it when it matters. You have to bring in competition every year like GB, PHI and NE do until you find a guy. Not easy, but nothing worthwhile is. Should have really sucked for Luck.

You have to roll with him next year and hope something clicks and he gets better. I hope it happens, I really like him and he has the tools. I want him to succeed, but I don't see it in him and he has never done it when it matters. You have to bring in competition every year like GB, PHI and NE do until you find a guy. Not easy, but nothing worthwhile is. Should have really sucked for Luck.

I agree with you, but GB hasn't had a competition in 20 years haha, NE hasn't in at least 15. The Colts totally tanked that season. No way they were that bad of a team!

Look people...DEAD LAST...is DEAD LAST. You can't make anything good out of that. You can blame in the OL if you like, or Lazor, or Tannehill. It doesn't really matter. The fact that we can't go down-field means the D gets to compress us and we can't move the ball....and if you do...it takes 15 plays to score. That is very difficult in today's NFL.

RT is #16 in Qb rating and #30 in Ypa and has a sub .500 winning %. That is below average in the NFL in about ever meaningful statistic. What is your objective criteria for QB averageness?

7th in completions percentage, 13th in TD passes, 13th in passing yards...not sure that's meaningful stats though.

Are we seriously using Ben Roethlisberger as a guy who didn't have great stats as a rookie? Yikes. Now I've heard everything.

Roethlisberger averaged an other-worldly 8.9 YPA as a rookie, and matched it his second season. He's the only rookie to surpass Marino's rookie season in categories like that.

His numbers naturally declined from those freak levels but he's never had a season below 7.0 and this year he's back above 8.0.

If Tannehill had anything resembling those numbers you'd never hear a complaint from me. It's all trivial. Likewise Tony Romo has always been underrated by Bar Stool fans in general. He has excellent YPA.

I still don't understand how Russell Wilson is ever mentioned alongside Ryan Tannehill. Those players are not comparable, in playing style or ability.

If you had asked me before the season if I'd take a 90 QBR from my QB, heck I would have thought we're going for home field advantage in week 17. Seems like the team just isn't that good...

Back
Top Bottom