Miami Dolphins: 4 Players That Need To Step Up On Defense In 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: 4 Players That Need To Step Up On Defense In 2018

McMillan hasn’t played yet - what if he’s the next Ray Lewis from day 1?

Harris needs to make a big leap from rookie to next level and Philips needs to up his game on a more consistent basis.

Davon Godchaux and Jordan Philips need to be on that list. There really isn't a lot of pressure on Harris, he could be the 4th-5th end on the team this year.

If Harris is the 4th-5th DE on this team this year, than that's a waste of a 1st round pick. We were 26th in sacks last year I would expect our 1st round pick DE to get as many snaps as Quinn.

I expect a pretty strong jump from Charles Harris. He's is going to have a full camp and pre-season of nothing but reps and more reps. He looks bigger, as if he added some muscle and his second year in the system show allow for faster play. DE is deep so the kid has to make the most of his snaps.

A locker room cancer?! They never called Landry that until he left. Did he **** on us when he left, yes, but no news of him causing issues in the lockerroom ever surfaced before then.

You mentioned Randy Moss being released by incompetent franchises who couldnt manage talent like the Raiders and Minnesota... and then what happened? He lands on a competent team who enables him to break records he never could with bad coaching and management. You are making my argument look better. In this comparison the Dolphins are the Raiders and Adam Gase is the coach who cant use the talented players he has only to replace them with worse players.

You woulnt pay Landry 15 milliin a year. Possibly one of the greatest slot receivers of all time, but you would give 16 million to Wilson and Amndola who are unproven commodities and less talented.

I imagine you are going to say Randy Moss only broke those records because of Tom Brady and the New England system, well that knife cuts both ways. If that is the case for Moss that is the case for Amendola. Meaning we overpaid a medicore often injured receiver much more than anyone offered expecting him to replicate the success he had with a hall of fame quarterback and coach. I may have never been a part of a locker room (which I have been) as you say, but anyone thinking other wise hasnt been a part of reality.

I like the fight and counter argument. Completely disagree on Landry, but admire the discussion.

A locker room cancer?! They never called Landry that until he left. Did he **** on us when he left, yes, but no news of him causing issues in the lockerroom ever surfaced before then.

You mentioned Randy Moss being released by incompetent franchises who couldnt manage talent like the Raiders and Minnesota... and then what happened? He lands on a competent team who enables him to break records he never could with bad coaching and management. You are making my argument look better. In this comparison the Dolphins are the Raiders and Adam Gase is the coach who cant use the talented players he has only to replace them with worse players.

You woulnt pay Landry 15 milliin a year. Possibly one of the greatest slot receivers of all time, but you would give 16 million to Wilson and Amndola who are unproven commodities and less talented.

I imagine you are going to say Randy Moss only broke those records because of Tom Brady and the New England system, well that knife cuts both ways. If that is the case for Moss that is the case for Amendola. Meaning we overpaid a medicore often injured receiver much more than anyone offered expecting him to replicate the success he had with a hall of fame quarterback and coach. I may have never been a part of a locker room (which I have been) as you say, but anyone thinking other wise hasnt been a part of reality.

It's the spin zone season. Come June teams have hit homeruns all offseason whether it be by addition or subtraction based upon the articles by beat reporters and the fanbase. Then we go 8-8 or somewhere around that and the cycle starts all over again. Hopefully this year is different.

Back
Top Bottom