Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy

I like the idea of a special teams coach being the head coach. Let the offense and defense be TOTALLY on the coordinators.

While I agree with this, the scary part is that it means this team would need to get three hires right.

As usual the board seems divided as to who should be the HC and why. The fact is that there's no guarantee as to what any of them will do moving forward. I agree that people need to stop looking at what their record was in the past on whatever team they were at. Many coaches in the NFL had bad records at one point and then later on became great coaches. I'm sure whoever we pick at least some people here are going to be dumping on him from day one and some people will think he can do no wrong. The fact is that there's no perfect coach out there and they all make mistakes. In the end it's a combination of putting a good staff together and getting the right players and being open minded as to what your players can and can not do. Don't try to force players to do things they're not good at.

As usual the board seems divided as to who should be the HC and why. The fact is that there's no guarantee as to what any of them will do moving forward. I agree that people need to stop looking at what their record was in the past on whatever team they were at. Many coaches in the NFL had bad records at one point and then later on became great coaches. I'm sure whoever we pick at least some people here are going to be dumping on him from day one and some people will think he can do no wrong. The fact is that there's no perfect coach out there and they all make mistakes. In the end it's a combination of putting a good staff together and getting the right players and being open minded as to what your players can and can not do. Don't try to force players to do things they're not good at.

All rational reasonable stuff... But past results are at least a slight indicator of future results.

And all things considered it's preferable to hire a proven winner over a proven loser!

That said, you're 100% correct regarding the feedback whoever gets the job is going to get

initially in a forum like this. And for sure some of the folks around here seem to believe

they're "experts" who might be more qualified to make such decisions than the ones charged

to do so! Well, maybe they're right? I'm not a maven by any stretch but I have my personal

preferences and I believe they are rooted in a fundamentally sound strategy / plan moving

forward. But I also believe there are many roads to Football Nirvana!

At least I hope so!

:)

All rational reasonable stuff... But past results are at least a slight indicator of future results.

And all things considered it's preferable to hire a proven winner over a proven loser!

That said, you're 100% correct regarding the feedback whoever gets the job is going to get

initially in a forum like this. And for sure some of the folks around here seem to believe

they're "experts" who might be more qualified to make such decisions than the ones charged

to do so! Well, maybe they're right? I'm not a maven by any stretch but I have my personal

preferences and I believe they are rooted in a fundamentally sound strategy / plan moving

forward. But I also believe there are many roads to Football Nirvana!

At least I hope so!

:)
I agree it'd be better to pick a coach with a proven winning record. The problem is those guys are not normally out of a job. This is going to be a build from the bottom job anyway so which HC can lead that effort of building from scratch is the main thing to me. The next HC needs to be more open minded than ever in order to do well.

I just don’t understand promoting both the gm and assistant coach from a team that has been mediocre for decades. These guys have been here for a lot of the losing.

I am warming up to the idea of Rizzi as coach. Alot of endorsements from ex players and I cant pretend to know more than they do

In the interview Grier has to have a deep connection or no way he's making a hire. If Grier is John Lennon, the coach he hires is Paul McCartney. Therefore, this might take a while and he may need to bring guys back and narrow it down. He has to get this right. It's his first official job as boss of bosses! Take time, I don't care just get it right. I expect that Grier will do an outstanding job. Then we need to find a QB.

I have a strong feeling that this is Rizzi's job to lose. Unless another candidate completely blows Ross and Grier away, Rizzi will be the next head coach. I believe this because of their familiarity with Rizzi. I can see it now, after Rizzi is named head coach, Ross and Grier will say how outstanding Rizzi was with his interview and what a great vision Rizzi has for the team and shares the same vision as Grier.

Rizzi is apparently not qualified enough by many on Finheaven. But what does matter, which I think many are over looking, Rizzi is RESPECTED!!! Philbin, Cam Cameron and now Gase didn't get the respect it appears Rizzi is getting. That should mean something? If Rizzi can put together a staff, who's to say he can't succeed. Sometimes thinking out of the box becomes a home run? Perhaps Rizzi is that.

That's a big "if" Rizzi can put together a talented staff. What talented coaches does he have connections to? And which coaches would even want to come to Miami and join his staff? A lot of question mark. I just don't see him having the connections like someone like Fangio would have.

And if Rizzi is such a good candidate for head coach then why is it that no other team with head coach openings are trying to interview him? No other team is interviewing Allen so far either.

And if Rizzi is such a good candidate for head coach then why is it that no other team with head coach openings are trying to interview him? No other team is interviewing Allen so far either.
I hear you. Allen scares the bejesus out of me, as well. Don't like it. But if he's capable of getting a quality staff together, who knows what he can do.

View attachment 14639

The Dolphins plan to interview Darren Rizzi, the team’s special teams coordinator and associate head coach, for the position vacated by Adam Gase early next week.

And Miami players are advocating for Rizzi.

“Riz is the ultimate players coach,” Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake told the Palm Beach Post Wednesday. “He has a way of balancing the personality of his players while getting the most from them. He’s intense but compassionate and that’s what makes him a great coach.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...earch-players-endorse-darren-rizzis-candidacy

Photo looks like Rizzi just let a Fastball go at the Ref's head....

Back
Top Bottom