Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy

He likely only gets hired for 2 reasons:

1) He manages to find an elite OC and DC that agree to join his staff
2) We get passed over by all the other coaches on our want list and Rizzi is the last resort

I hope if he does get the job that he fires all of our current position coaches and starts fresh. That would be a concern of mine that he feels loyal to his co-workers and keeps them on the staff.

Rizzi essentially served as the head coach whenever the offense wasn’t on the field. The actual head coach couldn’t be bothered to coach the ****ing team himself, instead he sat on a bench and played with crayons.

Add former Dolphin Damien Williams to the list of players who are publicly vouching for Rizzi. I'm starting to sense Rizzi, may have a real shot at the job. It's simply amazing seeing so many players from around the league show support for a guy, who many fans are over looking as an afterthought? Sometimes all you need is a chance. This man is RESPECTED!!! To me players will play hard for a guy like Rizzi. If he can put together a staff, he just may get the job.

Add former Dolphin Damien Williams to the list of players who are publicly vouching for Rizzi. I'm starting to sense Rizzi, may have a real shot at the job. It's simply amazing seeing so many players from around the league show support for a guy, who many fans are over looking as an afterthought? Sometimes all you need is a chance. This man is RESPECTED!!! To me players will play hard for a guy like Rizzi. If he can put together a staff, he just may get the job.

I am with you on this. Little by little starting to come around!! HC job is to coach, hold staff and players accountable, motivate, and make tough decisions. I think Rizz can do all of that. All comes down to coordinators. He is no diff than the other candidates that are so called OC but don't call the plays. Or guys that are DB coaches. Bears DC is only other guy I am leaning towards. Rizz has paid his dues just as much as the other guys. Like you said- maybe guy just needs a chance!!!

it's really hard for me to quantify all the players chiming in on Rizzi's behalf....

sure, it's a good thing to see, but does it actually mean anything? does it actually imply he'll have a better shot of success than another coach?

That's an assumption, not based in the reality I see.

Grier IS CALLING THE SHOTS, irrespective of who the HC is. He will install the philosophy. He will hire the coordinators who reflect HIS philosophy. The HC will schedule, and run practices, game plan the big picture, and make the game day decisions.

He will not be bringing in His own guys.

You may disagree with this, but it us the way it will be.

I see this as essentially the NFL template for when changing Head Coaches.

Wait a minute.

So...you're suggesting that the formula that has pretty much been used successfully across the NFL shouldn't be used in this case...just because of Matt Burke?

No.

I don't think Burke is even an afterthought in what's about to happen here.

I'm just stating I see this type of directed (via the GM) change in coaching and a lot of the coaching staff as a typical NFL approach. That is all.

Grier will hire a new Head Coach that brings a shared philosophy regarding going forward. That coach will bring in his coordinators but Grier is the boss and must approve any and all moves. The 2 must work together. Grier won't bring in a guy that he doesn't feel a billion per cent comfortable with. Will Munchak and Grier have a shared philosophy?? Kris Richards?? Fangio?? Rizzi should get the interview, not the hire imo.

I think this is an accurate appraisal of how the upcoming change will be implemented.

Reactions: BSQ
No.

I don't think Burke is even an afterthought in what's about to happen here.

I'm just stating I see this type of directed (via the GM) change in coaching and a lot of the coaching staff as a typical NFL approach. That is all.

Now I’m thoroughly perplexed...because you weren’t the person I asked. Unless you and Mach2 are the same person.

it's really hard for me to quantify all the players chiming in on Rizzi's behalf....

sure, it's a good thing to see, but does it actually mean anything? does it actually imply he'll have a better shot of success than another coach?
The best analogy I can think of that can come close to what all these players are saying about Rizzi is; When former soldiers of a Commanding Officer come out and say, "They'd go to War with him Anytime"!!! To me that's the highest praise I think a man can get? In the case of Rizzi, I'm taking it as these former players see something in him, the fan base may not be? Or the F/O is discounting his body of work because of the position he coaches. Miami might have another John Harbaugh on it's Hands in Rizzi? The only way to find out is if he's given a chance. It could work out and if not Miami could eventually be in position to draft its franchise QB.

I get tired of hearing the term "players coach". We need a "coach" that's it nothing else!

Back
Top Bottom