Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy

Have to admit I was surprised that Grier was kept.
I wanted Tbaum gone. I could have kept Gase if we replaced Burke. I would have been fine with taking some power from Gase- giving some to Grier and play calling to an OC.

Exactly! I don't want someone on the current staff to be promoted to head coach. We need someone from the outside that can bring in new ideas. If they promote Rizzi along with keeping Grier, what has really changed?
Yeah, but the fact of whether they're able to get who they really want are not will play into this, or at least it should. Especially if you are looking at this as a bridge year, why would you waste the money on someone with a high price if he's not what you want. The cost is low along with the risk. If he does it seem like he's a fit you move on after a year. Coaching is a fickle thing, his squad was probably the most consistent out of the three, who's the say he can exceed as they had coach

Rizzi reminds me of Dan Campbell (who I wanted to get the job over Gase). I'm pretty sure Rizzi would put together a good staff and get rid of the wide 9.

Add another (ex) player to those current and former players vouching for Rizzi.

I've read that current players are advocating for him to secure their own futures but ex players like Michael Thomas, Brian Hartline, Tim Semisch & now Jason Taylor have nothing to gain.

Jason Taylor‏Verified account @JasonTaylor 5m5 minutes ago

Jason Taylor Retweeted South Florida Sun Sentinel

It’s about time someone recognizes how good Darren Rizzi is. Glad to see he’s getting a look. Played for him and have known him for years. Great coach, leader, pro and teacher. Demands accountability and respect

Does Rizzi = Sparano? If so, is that a good or bad thing?

I don't see Ross hiring another hot head coach. I don't see Rizzi getting the job.

Here is the most cliché thing ever, but here goes. He passes the eyeball test as a coach.

We have seen his squad consistently proform at a high level.

Clearly is passionate about his job.

He doesn’t have a hall of fame caliber player pushing up his stock.

The downside is he will need strong coordinators to make him even a possibility. For the record I am 100% on board with him as the new head coach if he gets the job.

And the whole basis for your opinion, is that's not the way other teams do it.

My opinion us based on what was said in the PC, as well as reading articles, plus the type of guys that are being interviewed.

I have a basis for my opinion. You just don't see it as a solid basis.

I tried to not make it adversarial, but it seems you prefer it that way.

Whatever....peace out

I dont mean to be overly adversarial, I just dont understand why you are getting so defensive and digging your heels in on this. Something never happening is a pretty good basis. But I guess we will find out soon enough regardless.

I believe 7 coaches got hired in 2016 along with Gase who was McVay before McVay.

Only Doug Pederson is left, on the back of the best Qb play of all the fired coaches. It's a crapshoot. Chances are of the 8 openings this year, 6-7 of the hires will be fired in three years.

If I was any new coach I'd give myself two years max to find a Qb in the draft/free-agency/trade to go all in with. If my owner is okay with a year 1 tank job, I'm embracing that opportunity. I'm also not throwing the opportunity in year 1 to find a mid-round gem from a draft pick I got trading away one of my players. Qb Qb Qb is all I'd be thinking about.

Rizzi will have a small margin to prove himself, he's got to find himself a Qb.

May not matter but I still find it impressive that so many are publicly pulling for him. Bodes well for Rizzi. If he doesn’t get the HC job here, wonder if Gase will take him to his new HC gig if he lands one.

Add Reggie Bush to the mix.

“Heard the news my guy Darren Rizzi is interviewing for the @miamidolphins head coaching job, best special teams coach I’ve ever been around! Guys love playing for him and he’s been around the organization for a long time! He knows the culture, the fan base, & what it takes to win”.

Current and former players always vouch for coaches to get head coaching jobs. It doesn't mean jack squat. You would've thought Philbin was the next Don Shula the way Aaron Rodgers was ballyhooing him. Peyton Manning was singing praises about Adam Gase and saying what a great head coach Adam would be.

Here we go with the vouchers. Didn't Aaron Rodgers and others vouch for Philbin? Didn't Payton vouch for Gase? Vouchers don't mean jack.

I believe 7 coaches got hired in 2016 along with Gase who was McVay before McVay.

Only Doug Pederson is left, on the back of the best Qb play of all the fired coaches. It's a crapshoot. Chances are of the 8 openings this year, 6-7 of the hires will be fired in three years.

If I was any new coach I'd give myself two years max to find a Qb in the draft/free-agency/trade to go all in with. If my owner is okay with a year 1 tank job, I'm embracing that opportunity. I'm also not throwing the opportunity in year 1 to find a mid-round gem from a draft pick I got trading away one of my players. Qb Qb Qb is all I'd be thinking about.

Rizzi will have a small margin to prove himself, he's got to find himself a Qb.

"If" we hire Rizzi, he's only be as good as his O Coordinator, D Coordinator and Quarterback.

Well damn, OJ McDuffie, Damien Williams, Mike Pouncey, Xavien Howard, Juwaan James weighing in.

Maybe it’s the new world of social media, but I’ve never seen so many player endorsements before.

Back
Top Bottom