Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Players Endorse Darren Rizzi’s Candidacy

I want to know who was instrumental in some of these decisions....

fat contract to Branch
extending TJ when he hadn't played a game
putting two box safeties on the field at the same time
thinking we could be effective with mediocre DT's
extending Tannehill to clear cap space
draft pick for Stephone Anthony
trading picks for Leontee Carroo
thinking guards don't matter
slow development of players

Some of the other moves are clear....

bringing in Jay Cutler, Julius Thomas, Bushrod, Ted Larsen & Josh Sitton = Gase

I'm suggesting that, not being privy to what all other franchises do, that there is probably precedence for this structure.

I'm not saying its the right, or best way. I'm just calling it as I see it going down. Everything isn't an argument pro or con. I know it seems that way sometimes.

Just because I see things a certain way, doesn't, necessarily, mean I approve.

I'm actually more confused now than before I asked the question. Fortunately, I work from home and have alcohol.

I'm suggesting that, not being privy to what all other franchises do, that there is probably precedence for this structure.

I'm not saying its the right, or best way. I'm just calling it as I see it going down. Everything isn't an argument pro or con. I know it seems that way sometimes.

Just because I see things a certain way, doesn't, necessarily, mean I approve.

The issue isn't you having a different opinion. It's that you have literally 0 basis for the opinion.

I don’t know of any other examples but John Harbaugh was elevated from ST To HC in Baltimore. That may be the end of the comparison but it’s worth noting.

Personally I wouldn’t hate Rizzi but it wouldn’t be my first choice. I’m undecided right now.
I believe Bill Cowher was ST also. If I'm not mistaken.

Grier will hire a new Head Coach that brings a shared philosophy regarding going forward. That coach will bring in his coordinators but Grier is the boss and must approve any and all moves. The 2 must work together. Grier won't bring in a guy that he doesn't feel a billion per cent comfortable with. Will Munchak and Grier have a shared philosophy?? Kris Richards?? Fangio?? Rizzi should get the interview, not the hire imo.

Not to state the obvious, but every players knows that 70% or more of that roster will be gone before game 1 of the 2020 season. If the players have any hope of staying in Miami, it is with a Rizzi promotion. Coaches bring in their guys, who are loyal to them, and build a winning tradition with them.

So who would Rizzi bring in as his coordinators? Position coaches? I can't imagine it would be a great collection of people, seeing whom he has worked with in the past. I'd imagine we would see some current coaches retained, like perhaps Kris Kocurek. But, it is definitely going to be a transition year, so who knows.

View attachment 14639

The Dolphins plan to interview Darren Rizzi, the team’s special teams coordinator and associate head coach, for the position vacated by Adam Gase early next week.

And Miami players are advocating for Rizzi.

“Riz is the ultimate players coach,” Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake told the Palm Beach Post Wednesday. “He has a way of balancing the personality of his players while getting the most from them. He’s intense but compassionate and that’s what makes him a great coach.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...earch-players-endorse-darren-rizzis-candidacy

If someone asked you about your next potential HC, what would you say?

I love Rizzi, just like I love John Denney.........but just because Rizzi is a great special teams coach, doesn't mean he would be a good HC. It is an apples to oranges comparison. Just like as good as Denney has been for a long time, doesn't mean he would be a great OL. If we are truly rebuilding a trying to make significant changes, we need to look elsewhere.

The issue isn't you having a different opinion. It's that you have literally 0 basis for the opinion.
And the whole basis for your opinion, is that's not the way other teams do it.

My opinion us based on what was said in the PC, as well as reading articles, plus the type of guys that are being interviewed.

I have a basis for my opinion. You just don't see it as a solid basis.

I tried to not make it adversarial, but it seems you prefer it that way.

Whatever....peace out

who decided he is such a great special teams player? he had two punts blocked in one game.

How many HC interviews does he have with other teams???

I mean -- can you imagine the Packers going after a dude like Rizzi?

If he gets the job we're definitely tanking!

There is not one reason to promote rizzi to head coach. His credentials are sorely lacking< I could care less who the players like. They are also part of this losing team

Back
Top Bottom