Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Should Kris Richard’s Firing A Year Ago Matter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Should Kris Richard’s Firing A Year Ago Matter?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
richard

Pete Carroll coached Kris Richard at USC and credits Richard with making a play that heavily influenced his career. So when Carroll fired Richard a year ago — after several seasons of success that included a Super Bowl victory — it didn’t represent just another case of a guy being shown the door.

That parting, almost exactly one year ago, warrants attention as the Dolphins consider making Richard their head coach for 2019.

Just as the Dolphins must have a strong conviction on their new coach’s strengths, they must perform due diligence in satisfying any perceived weaknesses to have a complete picture of the man who will steer this team’s fortunes for the next few years.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...h-should-kris-richards-firing-year-ago-matter

Every coach in the NFL has been fired at some point. He is young and was even younger when he was fired. Pete Carroll has nothing but good things to say about the guy which means that he was the scapegoat because the defense fell off since the LOB days. I say hire him and surround him with good Coordinators and better players and he will be just fine.

was he actually fired fired, or just replaced? Like did Carroll say "get out", or just found someone else? And what exactly was the reason for it? People get fired all the time in the real world for stupid things lol

Hmm. Richard must have been the dc when earl Thomas got hurt late in the year and they inserted baccari Rambo like safety player in the postseason that year and got torched in the wild card weekend

Can’t no coach save that

Doesn't matter one damn bit. 'Hawks defense plummeted to 13th with everything that befell them....we should be so lucky! I really want this guy as HC

Last edited:
Hmm. Richard must have been the dc when earl Thomas got hurt late in the year and they inserted baccari Rambo like safety player in the postseason that year and got torched in the wild card weekend

Can’t no coach save that

Rambo to the rescue! (said no one, ever)

Yeah I’m not kidding you I was watching it and it was that level. He took the hawks out by himself that year. Horrid.

When you get that level lousy play you can’t hide it.

J.B. toast Brown levels of bad?

how many days since we first interviewed Richard and this report comes out one day after
the 3 YPC report on the same issue? OK

If ever coach that gets fired would never been hire again we'd have ran out of people to coach in the NFL by now

Every coach in the NFL has been fired at some point. He is young and was even younger when he was fired. Pete Carroll has nothing but good things to say about the guy which means that he was the scapegoat because the defense fell off since the LOB days. I say hire him and surround him with good Coordinators and better players and he will be just fine.

have a developing HC for our developing players. surround with good developing coordinators... the tanny plan.

if KR needs developing, then i say NO.

No more development of any kind, SPECIALLY HC.

Reports out there say Flores likely choice. Feel like throwing up. Typical F’in Fins.

Back
Top Bottom