Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Should Kris Richard’s Firing A Year Ago Matter? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Coaching Search: Should Kris Richard’s Firing A Year Ago Matter?

If it is Flores, it is only to set up the team for the real coach in 2 years. Just when we have rebuilt the lines and have our new QB.

I would prefer Richard, from the comments and reports thus far, be the guy who rebuilds the defense, picks his QB and grows with the team through the growing pains.

I’m ok with tanking but not with hiring a LB coach from the Patriots. If we want to tank and the fire a coach in 2 years, let’s get Hue Jackson. The guy is a proven tanker.

I’m ok with tanking but not with hiring a LB coach from the Patriots. If we want to tank and the fire a coach in 2 years, let’s get Hue Jackson. The guy is a proven tanker.

I don't necessarily agree with the Flores hate because he's a LB coach. I think that was a scheme to keep a good coach around longer.

I do agree that Flores isn't the better option because he is a Pat's coach. They don't have success away from the system. Maybe Bill O'Brien but it's questionable.

I gotta say though, Hue Jackson is the only Tank Commander I trust to secure us a top 3 pick next season. Great call on that one

I think it wasn’t really a firing....more a change of scenery for both who had been together a long time going back to USC.

As always, situational influence. The Seahawks had scrambled to pretend they were still championship contenders in 2017. I read a couple of Seahawks blogs every week and that is what was going on. They made a ton of moves designed to win big that season, like trading for Sheldon Richardson and Duane Brown. They still had several players remaining from the championship defense but it was obvious that the window would close after 2017.

It turned out to be a disappointing season, missing the playoffs including a severe late season embarrassment at home against the Rams in a pivotal game that was basically pick-em. That outcome was a jolt to Pete Carroll because the Rams essentially scored at will.

Anyone who read Seahawks blogs or forums understood that major chances would be made on both sides of the ball. Kris Richard ended up being a part of that. I'm convinced that Rams game played a big role. That is a division rival, and on the upswing. Direct comparison in your own building and it was a massacre. Los Angeles actually took it easy in the 4th quarter, otherwise the margin could have been far worse. From memory I think the Rams scored on the first drive of the 3rd quarter and then basically called off the dogs. It was more like a college game with a 40 point spread than a pick-em pro game.

Out of whats left from the guys we have interviewed I hope Richard is our new coach.I'm really not impressed by any of them to be honest but I feel like Richard is the best out of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom