Miami Dolphins Fight Song......Time for a Change | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Fight Song......Time for a Change

Originally posted by Miamian
Something that wouldn't offend the geriatrics and those of us who prefer something a bit less abrasive than heavy metal, but would also appeal to us who like to stay up past 7: how about the Estefans writing and producing something.

How about the "Rightious Brothers"? :lol:...............if you listen very carefully...........you`ll hear a lot of posters going................huh!?....................Who!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: New Fight Song

Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
No way dude, Metallica cheesed out after "...And Justice For All". Now if they were still heavy like on "Master of Puppets", then hell yeah. We need something like Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast":rocker: That would be awesome, close to 80,000 people screaming along with Bruce Dickinson. If they do change it, they should make it more anthem-like.

I grew up in a different era than you did. Just a little later. I don't care for all that hairspray and high-pitched squeeling. I came up on Metallica, Nirvana, Korn, etc. And I would DIE if everyone in the place was squeeling. :lol:

I loved Metallica's stuff back in those days. They were my favorite band.

But as I grew older (and got a little better on guitar), my tastes expanded. Personally, I love "Load". I think it's some of Metallica's best work. It's so melodic. I never thought I'd say this, but I listen to it much more than the older stuff now. I don't think they "cheesed out" at all. I think they GREW by leaps and bounds. They got past simple power chords and yelling (even though that ROCKS). They stopped trying to fit everything into one song (like Justice).

Anyway, it really should be something like an anthem.

I agree...

Originally posted by Muck

I grew up in a different era than you did. Just a little later. I don't care for all that hairspray and high-pitched squeeling. I came up on Metallica, Nirvana, Korn, etc. And I would DIE if everyone in the place was squeeling. :lol:

I loved Metallica's stuff back in those days. They were my favorite band.

But as I grew older (and got a little better on guitar), my tastes expanded. Personally, I love "Load". I think it's some of Metallica's best work. It's so melodic. I never thought I'd say this, but I listen to it much more than the older stuff now. I don't think they "cheesed out" at all. I think they GREW by leaps and bounds. They got past simple power chords and yelling (even though that ROCKS). They stopped trying to fit everything into one song (like Justice).

Anyway, it really should be something like an anthem.

... Load IMO is one of their BEST albums and they really grew with that album.

Good stuff.

Oliver...

Good explanation muck...

Yeah some of it is cool, I guess I just have fewer songs I like on the newer stuff cause what got me into the band was "Creeping Death" off of Ride the Lightning. I like some stuff on Load but Reload I took back the next day. Garage Inc. is excellent cause it is all covers, and they do great covers. Don't get me wrong, the newer stuff has some great music on it, but I like the raw, crunchy and unpolished sound they had in the mid 80's.:rocker:

Me too. LOAD has become my favorite Metallica album the last few years. Initially, I didn't like it (I was 16 when it came out). But once I gave it a chance, I LOVED it.

That album is so freaking deep. There are layers upon layers. And James wrote the most unbelievable lyrics. It's unfortunate that most fans don't get it. That album is the sh*t!!

You should check out James favorite band..

Corrosion of Conformity is pretty cool. Pepper Keenan has a cool voice and plays guitar pretty good too.:cool:

Oh yeah, FF

Garage Inc rocks!! "Helpless" is badass!! I've still got the original Garage Days Re-visited...$5.98 EP cassette.

Crazy you mention "Creeping Death". We played that song my senior year when our football ran thru the smoke tunnell. Almost no one knew what we were playing. :lol:

Re: Oh yeah, FF

Originally posted by Muck
Garage Inc rocks!! "Helpless" is badass!! I've still got the original Garage Days Re-visited...$5.98 EP cassette.

Crazy you mention "Creeping Death". We played that song my senior year when our football ran thru the smoke tunnell. Almost no one knew what we were playing. :lol:
Yeah hang on to that tape. I found a sealed copy of the LP and a German import of the CD a few years back. I like Last Caress/Green Hell. They should play Creeping Death when the Dolphins run outta the tunnel too. I can't speak for everybody, but I'd be a moshin motherfun(ker.:D

"Creeping Death" rules! :rocker: Garage Days Revisited is awesome! :rocker: BUT, Muck is right, it should be an anthem like "We are the champions" by Queen. It's old enough that everyone knows the song and the lyrics, but a little to slow for that situation.

I don't have any serious suggestions, but I agree the music should be changed. :)

Queen...

Originally posted by miadphan13
"Creeping Death" rules! :rocker: Garage Days Revisited is awesome! :rocker: BUT, Muck is right, it should be an anthem like "We are the champions" by Queen. It's old enough that everyone knows the song and the lyrics, but a little to slow for that situation.

I don't have any serious suggestions, but I agree the music should be changed. :)

Yeah baby. But I'm an old conservative with a small "c" (or something with a small "c" anyway). I always enjoyed "We will, We will ROCK YOU!". :rocker: It went down pretty well at Wembley stadium in the first year of the WLAF. Trouble is, a couple of years later the London Manarchs were history and they remain RIP'd.

I wouldn't know if any other NFL team uses it, I wouldn't care frankly.

Back
Top Bottom