Miami Dolphins Forced To Retool Their Offensive Line, Again. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Forced To Retool Their Offensive Line, Again.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
images

This group has not only been the Achilles heel for this team, in years past, it has also been a unit that has a built-in rotating door, due to injury. Since the days of the Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin blow up, this unit has struggled to keep Ryan Tannehill clean, and to open holes for any one running back.
With Josh Sitton lost for the year, due to a torn rotator cuff, Miami is now forced to start Guard Ted Larson. The next run of thought is, how will this effect the running game? Can Larson manage the left side, and how long can he stay healthy, this will be a position of concern moving forward in the season, and most fans do not believe General Manager Chris Greer, did enough to address this ongoing issue in the off-season.

https://phinphanatic.com/2018/09/14/miami-dolphins-forced-retool-offensive-line/

Can we at least wait for the OL to screw up before we hit the panic button? Because I dont think its going to make as much of an impact as most of you think it will... Just.... Chilll...

Didn't Larson play all right last year. I know he missed the first eight games but it was with him in the lineup that drake went crazy. I was even surprised when they outright gave Davis the starting job

It's a tough break, but Larsen is decent. Seems like Miami just can't get that offensive line straight.

As far as the future, I see it as a high priority in the draft. Maybe not with the #1 pick, but definitely with one of their top picks. I've been calling for the Dolphins to get a C/G type for the last couple of years. Sitton isn't young. Kilgore is a stopgap. Davis still has to prove his worth.

Can we at least wait for the OL to screw up before we hit the panic button? Because I dont think its going to make as much of an impact as most of you think it will... Just.... Chilll...
Thanks for the sane post.
Guys like Larsen ( vets with starting experience) are considered solid depth. Honestly, some people think every team has 44 pro bowlers on their roster. EVERY team has depth issues simply due to roster size and cap management.
The team had solid starters to start the season and solid depth. That can change with multiple injuries as it would with any team.

Guys like Larsen ( vets with starting experience) are considered solid depth. Honestly, some people think every team has 44 pro bowlers on their roster. EVERY team has depth issues simply due to roster size and cap management.
The team had solid starters to start the season and solid depth. That can change with multiple injuries as it would with any team.
I disagree. Larsen is not good and our running attack will suffer.

Correct. Just about every game, after an injury, the color guy says something like 'if A can't come back, that will really limit their O,' or, ' with B out, the opponent's O will target C.' Quite a few teams have some depth at a FEW positions. No team has depth at many. You know, like QBs, DEs, CBs, critical positions.

IMO Larsen will play better than expected because he has a chip on his shoulder - his position was essentially given to J.Smith and was unable to compete for starting job. Also, he has been taking practice reps while Sitton was rested so it's not like he is being thrown in there unaccustomed to his neighbors (T and C) and scheme.

Most fans dont think Grier did enough to address the OL?

Im not exactly sure what else was expected after we signed Sitton, signed a new C and kept James-especially considering the cap situation and all the other needs on this team?

Im not exactly sure what else was expected after we signed Sitton, signed a new C and kept James-especially considering the cap situation and all the other needs on this team?

He should have drafted a seventh round offensive lineman (or signed an UDFA) that ended up starting and making the pro bowl as a rookie!

But we've needed an OL overhaul for 3 years now. The most important position outside of QB and they just kept trying to tweak it. It's been frustrating. So i can empathize other's 'sky is falling' mentality with this.

Back
Top Bottom