Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here!

Ronnie Brown is a underrated worst draft pick for us when you consider the following:

I believe Gus Ferrotte was our QB at that time (say no more)

Ronnie Brown had no business being drafted that high at #2 overall. RB's that SHOULD get picked that high usually have an amazing college career IE Reggie Bush, Cmac, Zeke Elliot, Barkley. Ronnie Brown was in a committee at Auburn. And while Ronnie Brown was OK in the NFL (the wildcat years saved his career) he never came close proving his worth as the #2 overall pick. in todays NFL Ronnie Brown is a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd round pick all day. Saban was so far behind the times.

Future hall of famer Aaron Rodgers was available (yes multiple teams passed on him) but we were picking #2 for a reason and we had the worst QB situation at that time (besides 49ers who selected Alex Smith).

2013 was a notoriously bad draft overall, with Dion Jordan probably being the worst pick of them all, especially for it being a top 3 pick. Just worthless.

I don't recall some of those 90s picks like Sammie Smith or Yatil Green but they seem to draw the ire of many people here

Ronnie Brown is a underrated worst draft pick for us when you consider the following:

I believe Gus Ferrotte was our QB at that time (say no more)

Ronnie Brown had no business being drafted that high at #2 overall. RB's that SHOULD get picked that high usually have an amazing college career IE Reggie Bush, Cmac, Zeke Elliot, Barkley. Ronnie Brown was in a committee at Auburn. And while Ronnie Brown was OK in the NFL (the wildcat years saved his career) he never came close proving his worth as the #2 overall pick. in todays NFL Ronnie Brown is a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd round pick all day. Saban was so far behind the times.

Future hall of famer Aaron Rodgers was available (yes multiple teams passed on him) but we were picking #2 for a reason and we had the worst QB situation at that time (besides 49ers who selected Alex Smith).
I see your thought process. No question, Miami should have taken Aaron Rodgers.

But at least Brown had some productive seasons unlike Yatil Green, Jordan, Kumerow etc.

Not Brown's fault that he was over drafted.

No doubt Dion Jordan, considering he was taken at 3 and we traded away a 2.
I really hate the mentions of Yatil Green in these draft bust threads. True, he did nothing, but he had a catastrophic knee injury. I read the entire knee came apart, and it required so much stabilization that lack of movement reduced the blood flow to the knee, which prevented it from healing properly, which is the reason the ACL just came apart the next year.
If you want to ding a guy for having an injury like that, OK, but that's harsh (in my humble opinion)
Jordan wasn't too damaged to play. JOHN AVERY wasn't too damaged to play. Those two, along with Charles Harris, are the ones that jump out in my memory post Shula.
The Shula era, I didn't follow the draft as much, but how about that Tackle from Houston Shula drafted in 1995 and JJ traded to the Rams for Troy Drayton? Billy Milner....🤮

But at least Brown had some productive seasons unlike Yatil Green, Jordan, Kumerow etc.

I was not paying as much attention to the draft back then, but I think Yatil Green was just plain bad luck. Supposed to have been a decent prospect but his knees kept exploding.

Here's what I remember about Sammie Smith:

Sammie was a half-decent RB who had a habit of fumbling the ball in the End Zone. He was then traded to Denver for RB Bobby Humphrey, who was later shot in the leg by his friend.
Its a pretty good summary.

I would agree with Dion Jordan because we traded up to get him but that 2013 draft class was terrible and the only player will really missed out on was Lane Johnson. Missing out on Aaron Rodgers for Ronnie Brown hurts me way more.

It’s got to be Dion Jordan considering the comp it took to go up and get him, and the non-existent production we got from him.

But I have another, who actually was a huge part of a revolution (wildcat)…. I just can’t get over taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers.

I will also always have childhood nightmares over Yatil Green. My son was born in 2015 and he knows all about one Yatil Green. I was so excited to draft a Canes receiver….

Eric Kumerow, they had legitimate shots to pick Thurman Thomas, Chris Spielman, John Stephens, Craig Hayward, Randall McDaniel, but went with a project player who never panned out.

Back
Top Bottom