Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here!

Richmond Webb made the pro bowl 7 years in a row and was a 2 time first team all-pro player
You are so far off with Webb you should edit your post...Bokamper and AJ each made the pro bowl once
I sed I was sure Webb made the pro bowl. The table attach was wrong.
I'm sure there are some others players missing the Pro Bowl marker, so never mind.

Last edited:
I absolutely get the Dion Jordan hate, but I can't fault the pick 100%. The guy was about as athletic of a player as I've ever seen, and had the potential for being a nightmare in the NFL. Add that plus the other poor options in the top 10 and on paper it makes sense. But this was a risk/reward situation and it didn't pan out. For sure the worst value from a 1st the fins have gotten, but at least the process makes sense

Ronnie Brown is a underrated worst draft pick for us when you consider the following:

I believe Gus Ferrotte was our QB at that time (say no more)

Ronnie Brown had no business being drafted that high at #2 overall. RB's that SHOULD get picked that high usually have an amazing college career IE Reggie Bush, Cmac, Zeke Elliot, Barkley. Ronnie Brown was in a committee at Auburn. And while Ronnie Brown was OK in the NFL (the wildcat years saved his career) he never came close proving his worth as the #2 overall pick. in todays NFL Ronnie Brown is a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd round pick all day. Saban was so far behind the times.

Future hall of famer Aaron Rodgers was available (yes multiple teams passed on him) but we were picking #2 for a reason and we had the worst QB situation at that time (besides 49ers who selected Alex Smith).
Imo Rodgers would have been thrown to the wolves here, coached poorly and not lived up to his potential. At least that’s what I tell myself

I would agree with Dion Jordan because we traded up to get him but that 2013 draft class was terrible and the only player will really missed out on was Lane Johnson. Missing out on Aaron Rodgers for Ronnie Brown hurts me way more.
That is a huge miss.

I was not paying as much attention to the draft back then, but I think Yatil Green was just plain bad luck. Supposed to have been a decent prospect but his knees kept exploding.
Green would definitely fit the mold for an injury bust. Same as John Bosa. Too bad as those guys had talent.

Ronnie Brown, because we passed on Rodgers, Saban could have saved his career here, by drafting Rodgers.

John Avery, because we were in a position to get Randy Moss.

Jamar Fletcher, because were in a position to get Drew Brees.

Darryl Carlton in '75. Yeah, I've never heard of him either. Couldn't find any stats on his two years here. Went to the expansion Bucs in '77.

Charles Harris, somebody that I hadn’t ever heard of over TJ Watt. Watt had the pedigree and would have filled a huge need at the time.

Jason Allen.
I’d agree with this simply for the fact that we turned down a trade down and grabbed him at 16 when he would’ve been on the board much later in the first. And also because of all the talent we passed on to grab him just because Saban had recruited him in college.

K. Bokamper, AJ Duhe and specially R. Webb no Pro Bowl appearance is strange

I cold've bet Webb was a pro bowler, and more than once

I remember hateing J.Allen, T. Ginn and Ch. Harris picks
Webb made the Pro Bowl 7 times.

Relative to where he was drafted, and what we gave up, it’s Dion Jordan, no question, end thread. If you hypothetically call all 1st rd picks equal, then it gets close, with a number of candidates. Unfortunately…

I remember being pretty pissed when we traded our first round and fifth round pick to the 49ers + Freddie Soloman for Delvin Williams.

Back
Top Bottom