Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here!

I mean if you consider where a guy was selected in the 1st round it has to be Dion Jordan. Add in the fact that we used a 2nd round pick to move up to take him and it is hard to argue for anyone else (and there have been many bad picks). Igbinoghene was selected 30th overall. Look at the history of the 30th overall pick; it’s almost always a guy who doesn’t pan out. Heck, it’s been a mediocre defensive back a bunch of times in the last 10 years alone.

Anybody who says Iggy is outing their own Dolphin knowledge.

It's probably Dion Jordan given the resources used, but Yatil Green has a really solid case.
Absolutely agree. Iggy has potential and is way too soon to call him a bust compared to some of the others on this list. Also Ginn, Jr. was clearly productive enough in 1 game that I was at in NJ when he returned two kickoffs for TD's to avoid the bust tag when compared to the production of some others here.........

Absolutely agree. Iggy has potential and is way too soon to call him a bust compared to some of the others on this list. Also Ginn, Jr. was clearly productive enough in 1 game that I was at in NJ when he returned two kickoffs for TD's to avoid the bust tag when compared to the production of some others here.........
Ted Ginn also played 14 years in the NFL lol. He wasn't even a bust, let alone one of the biggest in franchise's history.

My top 5 would be....
1) Dion Jordan - I don't think anyone could be 1 - given what they gave up to get him
2) Charles Harris- I don't think I've seen him mentioned- they traded him a couple years later for a bag of donuts
3) Jason Allen
4) John Avery
5) Sammie Smith - guess it shows not to take RB w/ 1st rd picks...

Let us go back a tad.....although it's really hard to attempt to beat Dion Jordan.

Billy Milner (Austin Jackson on his worst day looked better than this guy)
Eric Kumerow (He was so bad, they actually moved him to TE, which he failed at as well.)

At the time, I thought it was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I was like, "Who the f*** is that?" Then I found out it was Sharmon Shah.

Why'd he have some guy tell him his new name anyway? Sharmon Shah sounds kinda muslim already?

2013 was a notoriously bad draft overall, with Dion Jordan probably being the worst pick of them all, especially for it being a top 3 pick. Just worthless.

I don't recall some of those 90s picks like Sammie Smith or Yatil Green but they seem to draw the ire of many people here
We never even saw Yatil Greens potential though…dudes ACLS were made out of wet paper

I absolutely get the Dion Jordan hate, but I can't fault the pick 100%. The guy was about as athletic of a player as I've ever seen, and had the potential for being a nightmare in the NFL. Add that plus the other poor options in the top 10 and on paper it makes sense. But this was a risk/reward situation and it didn't pan out. For sure the worst value from a 1st the fins have gotten, but at least the process makes sense
Vernon Gholston was an athletic freak and flamed out as well…Jordan played in a soft conference at the time so

Agree. Miami even traded up for him.

Lots of bad picks, but Jordan takes the cake.

And as the trade was announced, I stood up in a room full of Eagles fans and declared our selection to be Lane Johnson.........and that the Eagles would subsequently take Chip Kelly's boy Dion Jordan at 4.

The only saving grace on that blunder is the fact that Johnson has had multiple injuries and a season long PED suspension or that pick looks even worse. Lane Johnson is probably the best RT the league has seen in the last 15 years.

And as the trade was announced, I stood up in a room full of Eagles fans and declared our selection to be Lane Johnson.........and that the Eagles would subsequently take Chip Kelly's boy Dion Jordan at 4.

The only saving grace on that blunder is the fact that Johnson has had multiple injuries and a season long PED suspension or that pick looks even worse. Lane Johnson is probably the best RT the league has seen in the last 15 years.
To take it a step further, I'd say that was the worst draft in Miami's history.

Dolphins fans love to wallow in their team’s misery and mistakes.

I’m going to do the opposite and pick Xavien Howard. We drafted an elite CB in the 2nd round. Great pick!

I would say it's between dion Jordan and Noah igbaidontknowhisname. I can't really speak on anything before 2000 cause I was still young enough to where I didn't pay that close of attention. But I do remember yatil green, I think he was a bust too right?

Here's the list of the Miami Dolphins first round draft picks. Please pick your worst.

While every team has huge busts, I still shake my head at some of ours and the fact we gave up so many draft picks for an individual some years ago.

You should do a poll with time frames. So like between 1966 to 1975, 1976 to 1985... and so on. Which was the worst/best draft decade. Then we can break it down to player in this thread

Back
Top Bottom