Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff

So has Landry and Stills. And neither are half as bad as Parker. It feels like everytime we throw to him something terrible happens
Parker had a good year last year. To give up on him during a dreck season like this would be dumb

Well they both took some responsibility along with Gilmore saying he knew the route. I think we beat it to death at this point as far as assigning blame - The thing is I want (expect) Parker to ‘win’ more and he hasnt been able to for whatever reason since he has been here is all.

Patriots cornerback Stephone Gilmore, who made the interception, said he knew Parker’s route.

“They ran that route on us earlier in the first quarter and I knew they were going to come back to it,” Gilmore said. “I know every time Parker is in the slot he runs the seam empty so I just beat him to the spot.”

Parker had only one catch for five yards on Sunday. Why are so many passes to Parker resulting in interceptions?

“I mean, that’s hard to say,” Gase said. “I mean, every play is a different play.”

Moore said his pass was a “little short. That’s all I can say about that one.”

Told that Parker accepted responsibility, Moore said: “And I can throw a better ball.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...take-the-blame-for-yet-another-dolphins-pick/

Well i certainly don't think DVP is doing himself any favors right now with his stats but how much of that is on him is a mystery to me. He definitely looked like he wasn't putting much in that play mentally but this kid has shown far more than this.

I don't get what is going on with this team. Other than a handful of guys, nobody out there looks like they even believe there's anything to fight for. It's not just Parker. There is ZERO confidence on this team.

Well i certainly don't think DVP is doing himself any favors right now with his stats but how much of that is on him is a mystery to me. He definitely looked like he wasn't putting much in that play mentally but this kid has shown far more than this.

I don't get what is going on with this team. Other than a handful of guys, nobody out there looks like they even believe there's anything to fight for. It's not just Parker. There is ZERO confidence on this team.
Maybe they’ve quit on Gase?

Reactions: <O>
Well they both took some responsibility along with Gilmore saying he knew the route. I think we beat it to death at this point as far as assigning blame - The thing is I want (expect) Parker to ‘win’ more and he hasnt been able to for whatever reason since he has been here is all.

Patriots cornerback Stephone Gilmore, who made the interception, said he knew Parker’s route.

“They ran that route on us earlier in the first quarter and I knew they were going to come back to it,” Gilmore said. “I know every time Parker is in the slot he runs the seam empty so I just beat him to the spot/

And that is whyMiami needs a real OC

The point of the article though, is it goes much deeper than just that, which could be a problem going forward.
Could? It will be a problem. It's the same philosophy Ireland used for his team building and Tannenbaum is even worse at it. Tannenbaum believes you get one star on each unit and the other players will raise their game to that stars level...unfortunately that's never worked for him and as we've seen so often with the Dolphins the star player eventually lowers his level of play to the scrubs put around him. We needed linebackers, they thought Kiko was awesome (as did many around here...and some still do) so they drafted just one. They thought Branch was awesome so they drafted just one DE (who is a situational player and probably has no shot of ever developing into a 3 down DE and probably never becomes the pass rusher they envisioned). We needed CB helped and they thought they had fixed Maxwell (how does that trade with Philly look now lol) and drafted just one.

Their garbage line about drafting BPA is fake...it's a load of crap they try to feed the fans thinking most will just believe them. For most of us that follow the draft we know that's not what they did, we know how inept they are at finding talent. And so here we sit....Mario Williams, Andre Branch, William Hayes and Charles Harris all signed or drafted to replace Olivier Vernon....we no longer have the replacement on the roster for Lamar Miller and so resources will be spent to find his replacement again. The 4 players at DE combined aren't as good as Vernon so more resources will need to be spent to find his replacement...not to mention finding a replacement for Wake who has finally shown his age. I can assume Tannenbaum won't want to pay Landry so resources will be spent for his replacement. And over and over and over the cycle goes because every time you think you've laid a foundation it gets torn up because the front office thinks they're smarter than everyone else and they have proven, without a doubt, that they are not.

Last edited:
And in four lines above, you see the difference between Adam Gase and Bill Belichick, and how that translates to wins and losses.
You would expect your 6'3" WR to win those one-on-one matchups. The ball was horribly underthrown. A better thrown ball, where it becomes a jump ball situation, Parker would win those...he's shown that he can this year. Problem is Parker showed little awareness on the plays...both INTs really...where he needs to realize he has to turn into a DB, take the OPI if you have to but don't allow the turnover.

Well yes, that about sums it up. They have created more holes because every position they tried to address- hasnt really worked out at this point.

There's so much change that is needed it's overwhelming to try to think about it. I don't have any hope that Miami will ever get better until they get rid of Tannenbaum and actually start making good draft decisions and also develop a vision to build this team from the inside out. They have to stop spending in FA on big contracts unless its one of their own and he is a transcendent player (like Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, etc.). They need to get rid of many players who are stealing money and build through the draft. But like I said, I have no hope of change at this moment.

Take this for what it’s worth:

Apparently Ross has sold the team (back in the spring) to one of his partners and the sale won’t be announced to the public until next season.

Google: Bruce Beal (that’s who he sold it to), he was already Ross’ successor. And has first dibs if Ross decided to sell before his death

Could? It will be a problem. It's the same philosophy Ireland used for his team building and Tannenbaum is even worse at it. Tannenbaum believes you get one star
on each unit and the other players will raise their game to that stars level...unfortunately that's never worked for him and as we've seen so often with the Dolphins the star player eventually lowers his level of play to the scrubs put around him. We needed linebackers, they thought Kiko was awesome (as did many around here...and some still do) so they drafted just one. They though Branch was awesome so they drafted just one DE (who is a situational player and probably has no shot of ever developing into a 3 down DE and probably never becomes the pass rusher they envisioned). We needed CB helped and they thought they had fixed Maxwell (how does that trade with Philly look now lol) and drafted just one.

Their garbage line about drafting BPA is fake...it's a load of crap they try to feed the fans thinking most will just believe them. For most of us that follow the draft we know that's not what they did, we know how inept they are at finding talent. And so here we sit....Mario Williams, Andre Branch, William Hayes and Charles Harris all signed or drafted to replace Olivier Vernon....we no longer have the replacement on the roster for Lamar Miller and so resources will be spent to find his replacement again. The 4 players at DE combined aren't as good as Vernon so more resources will need to be spent to find his replacement...not to mention finding a replacement for Wake who has finally shown his age. I can assume Tannenbaum won't want to pay Landry so resources will be spent for his replacement. And over and over and over the cycle goes because every time you think you've laid a foundation it gets torn up because the front office thinks they're smarter than everyone else and they have proven, without a doubt, that they are not.
You’ve taken the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly why I hate Tannenbaum. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. That might be true in Lawyer Land, but not in the NFL. He’s systematically ruined any hope for a franchise, that looked to be on the up. To further your thought, Rishard Matthews is another guy who’d have been nice to keep around, not many 7th rounders develop like he has, his contract was worth every penny. I can’t say the same for Parker and Carroo, both not living up to anything right now. Not looking good for our Dolphins moving forward.

Wash rinse repeat.
The problem starts with Ross, and it continues.
The people he has hired have failed. Simple as that.

You’ve taken the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly why I hate Tannenbaum. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. That might be true in Lawyer Land, but not in the NFL. He’s systematically ruined any hope for a franchise, that looked to be on the up. To further your thought, Rishard Matthews is another guy who’d have been nice to keep around, not many 7th rounders develop like he has, his contract was worth every penny. I can’t say the same for Parker and Carroo, both not living up to anything right now. Not looking good for our Dolphins moving forward.
Carroo is a good example of giving away draft picks to select a player that has made no impact whatsoever on Sunday's. They had him highly rated...talent evaluation is severely lacking, as has been the case since Jimmy Johnson left.

The FO and coaching staff almost act as if they are deliberately tanking the season, but publicly giving the impression they are trying to correct things.
There is a disparity between last yr and this yr

Parker had a good year last year. To give up on him during a dreck season like this would be dumb

There's no reason to move on from Parker yet but my confidence in him becoming a big time player is dwindling quickly. Hayden Fox told us all he wasn't going to be able to get separation in the pros and was scoffed at. Now Parker can't get separation in the pros, go figure.

Carroo is a good example of giving away draft picks to select a player that has made no impact whatsoever on Sunday's. They had him highly rated...talent evaluation is severely lacking, as has been the case since Jimmy Johnson left.
Not only that but he was a player that this team did not need at all. They traded good picks for a guy that EVERYONE with half a brain knew would never get to play with the 3 guys ahead of him. WTF was that done for?. They just tried to get cute with him and Grant and even Drake who never started in college. T-dumb has to go and so does Grier and if that means Gase has to go too then so be it. It has to start at the top. I was in the restaurant business for a long time. When things are going bad they get rid of the GM and the KM.....They don't fire every cook. You have to start at the top and Ross doesn't seem to get it

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom