Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff

Carroo is a good example of giving away draft picks to select a player that has made no impact whatsoever on Sunday's. They had him highly rated...talent evaluation is severely lacking, as has been the case since Jimmy Johnson left.

Try lining him up at the TE position instead of Thomas wth not?

To think neither Carroo or Parker can touch Rishard Matthews jock strap right now. Tannenbaum sugar coated the Mario Williams, Andre Branch, signings to replace Vernon; only to Draft Charles Harris. Than justifies it by saying we wouldn’t have been able to do what they did re-signing Tannehill, Stills by having re-signed Matthews and Lamar Miller. Well, news flash: signing Suh hurt everything else and will continue to hurt because letting Miller, Matthews and Vernon go, excelerated the downward spiral the franchise seems to currently be in. Every single player signed or drafted to to replace those 3 loses, hasn’t done diddly squat to justify anything about them. All three players in Miller, Matthews and Vernon have played to their potential or have out performed their contract in the case of Matthews. It’s like, Tannenbaum has an ATM and just can’t control himself. Miami could very well be a much better team having kept those 3 and keeping the draft picks and money.

Rishard Matthews is another guy who’d have been nice to keep around, not many 7th rounders develop like he has, his contract was worth every penny.

Really liked Rishard Matthews..huge mistake letting him go!
Again,the decisions the dolphins make in personal/contracts are just awful, and until that changes... it's just more of the same.

Let’s not forget the piss poor offensive line he’s put together. Laremy Tusil slid for more than the gas mask incident. He lacks a pair of brass balls, he plays like god damn sissy. He actually turned to Matt Moore after he let a player blow right by him, looked and just shrugged his hands and shoulders as if it was Moore’s fault. That 1 play changed my mind on Tunsil. He is a piece of toilet poop. Someone needs to find me a gas mask, because after watching this o-line this season, I’m going to be smoking some serious rope-a-dope. This Bull Crap theory about finding offensive lineman outside of the 1st round like NE has, works only if you find the right fits like NE does and have coaches with the ability to coach. Which by the way Miami has neither. I will admit to being excited by Eric Smith, Jake Brendel and Jesse Davis, all seem to have potential to be starters. Dallas has built their offensive line through high draft picks, whereas, NE has done it by drafting wisely in the mid to late rounds. Both theories work, but unfortunately Miami doesn’t have the F/O to make those selections work.

So has Landry and Stills. And neither are half as bad as Parker. It feels like everytime we throw to him something terrible happens

It feels that way, but I would guess that he performs well on 30% of his targets. He has a major consistency problem. Stills and Landry are big time keepers for the team. Drake is a solid player. Tannehill is solid. Jesse Davis looks like a very good swing player that might develop into a solid starter. Williams is a good third down/change up back. I believe every other player on offense should be re-evaluated.

There's no reason to move on from Parker yet but my confidence in him becoming a big time player is dwindling quickly. Hayden Fox told us all he wasn't going to be able to get separation in the pros and was scoffed at. Now Parker can't get separation in the pros, go figure.

Deandre Hopkins doesn’t get any separation and he’s the highest paid wr in football.

Not that I agree with dvp doesn’t get separation talk.

Improved players this year are stills and Phillips. Although Phillips still isn’t where we want him to be from a play in play out consistency the arrow still points up.

X Howard’s technique is more consistent even if the results haven’t been according to pff at least

I really hope they don’t blow this all up skills guys wise cause the qb position sucks

We aren’t the only team done in by qb attrition this year.

I listened to the 2nd half of the game on Sirius XM, and could only get the Pat's broadcast team (who, of course, are 100x better than Miami's). One thing they could not quit talking about is how poor Matt Moore was at picking up who the blitzer was going to be, making any form of adjustment, or even acknowledging it was about to happen. They said it's the same plays they've unsuccessfully run all year until today, when it worked like a charm against Miami. After what I think was the 7th sack, they used the word "embarrassing" when describing Moore's inability to recognize what was so obviously headed his way. While I think the OL has a ton of flaws, so much of the problems stem from our QB's not reading what the defense is about to do. The very best QB's do that, and it makes an enormous difference. There's another thread on here asking what our season would be like if Tannehill had played. I have a better question, just theoretically throwing this out there.. what if Aaron Rodgers was our QB (healthy of course). What would our record be? GB is next to worthless now without him, and was a superbowl caliber team with him. Is the quickest shortcut to success finding that intelligent, cerebral QB and not resting until we do? When teams try to blitz a guy like Rodgers, Brady, P. Manning, Brees, etc., they typically wish they hadn't. Those guys read it, adjust the play and make the defense pay quite frequently.... Just some food for thought.

dolphin drew....interesting feedback, I wonder if Cutler can't play this weekend would Gase put Fales out there to see what he could do, and if the offense could move the ball better....I don't know if it actually could be worse.

First: Adam Gase needs to stop calling plays, that only works when you have a Peyton Manning who will say "yeah right, that's crap, I'll run what I know works!"
Second: co-related is to find an competent offensive coordinator, someone who doesn't call the same stupid crap like those bubble screens that never work.
Third: Hire a defensive coordinator like Rex Ryan, not someone like Burke who wasn't very good coaching linebackers so why would you expect him to excel as a defensive coach?
Fourth: invest in a whole new offensive line come the draft, even drafting another left tackle because Turnstile isn't all that good, and Pouncy is also a knucklehead.
Fifth: trade Devante Parker, trade Carrou, get rid of Grant if your not going to use him other than on special teams.
Sixth: draft a QB that will challenge Tannehill if not take his place.
These steps won't create a instant winner but will within 2 years.

There are 2 players in the upcoming draft that I’d be falling over myself to draft. 1) Braxton Berrios - WR - Miami, WHY? Because the kid loves football, he’s as sure handed as they come and is one of the grittiest players I’ve seen in a long time. He understands routes and how to get open. He offers everything except speed. He’s everything Jakeem Grant isn’t. 2) Quentin Nelson - OG - Notre Dame, WHY? Because he literally kills people in the run game, and is an above average pass protector. The kid loves football, evidenced by his gritty play in the lose to Miami. He was the only guy still playing through the wistle in a blow out. He’s as solid an Offensive Guard to come out since David DeCastro. He gives Miami a fighting chance to fulfill the assemblement of fielding an above average offensive line. Why am I writing this in this thread, well because I believe the Miami Dolphins don’t have any players like this on the roster outside of Landry. These are the types of players this F/O doesn’t seem to give any thought too, because they seem to be focusing on the big splash. The Miami Dolphins need more players like these 2 kids. Tannenbaum doesn’t have the stones to draft these types of players.

Last edited:
There are 2 players in the upcoming draft that I’d be falling over myself to draft. 1) Braxton Berrios - WR - Miami, WHY? Because the kid loves football, he’s as sure handed as they come and is one of the grittiest players I’ve seen in a long time. He understands routes and how to get open. He offers everything except speed. He’s everything Jakeem Grant isn’t. 2) Quentin Nelson - OG - Notre Dame, WHY? Because he literally kills people in the run game, and is an above average pass protector. The kid loves football, evidenced by his gritty play in the loose to Miami. He was the only guy still playing through the wistle in a blow out. He’s as solid an Offensive Guard to come out since David DeCastro. He gives Miami a fighting chance to fulfill the assemblement of fielding an above average offensive line. Why am I writing this in this thread, well because I believe the Miami Dolphins don’t have any players like this on the roster outside of Landry. These are the types of player this F/O doesn’t seem to give any thought too, because they seem to be focusing on the big splash. The Miami Dolphins need more players like these 2 kids. Tannenbaum doesn’t have the stones to draft these types of players.

Two of my faves as well.

I believe we can get Nelson if we will spend our 1st round pick on him, not sure he will last until the 2nd.

Berrios will end up in New England 8(

And this team had the audacity not to hire Mike Zimmer. Mike Zimmer is winning with freaking I forgot his name at quarterback and he is a defensive coach. I should be the GM.

Back
Top Bottom