Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Was Right About Chris Grier — and Brian Flores Was Wrong | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Was Right About Chris Grier — and Brian Flores Was Wrong

Does anyone else remember that Flores either interviewed McDaniel or was set to interview him last year for the OC job? I think when LaFleur left to be Jets OC, they bumped Mike up to OC to block a lateral move.

Regardless, I wonder how they did or would have gotten along.

Does anyone else remember that Flores either interviewed McDaniel or was set to interview him last year for the OC job? I think when LaFleur left to be Jets OC, they bumped Mike up to OC to block a lateral move.

I believe McDaniel turned down the interview.

Flores would have fired McDaniel for having a idea

I think Flores made our defense better. I think Flores was to the defensive play calling, to what Mike McDaniel is to our offensive play calling now.

That said, I think this team was offensively deficient, and needed this type of change to become a complete football team. I think that under McDaniel, the defense has taken a step back but the offense has taken a leap forward, meanwhile with Flores we would have had a slightly better defense, but the offense would have been the same dreadful work we watched for 2 years with Tua never reaching his potential.

I think it is obvious that we made the right decision.
Its easy to make claims that flores was better but he had a healthy squad, boyer has been dealt a bad hand. Not only are all of our highest paid players on defense dealing with injuries, but we have basically lost all our secondary depth, so many people somehow seem to completely ignore that detail when evaluating boyer.

Its easy to make claims that flores was better but he had a healthy squad, boyer has been dealt a bad hand. Not only are all of our highest paid players on defense dealing with injuries, but we have basically lost all our secondary depth, so many people somehow seem to completely ignore that detail when evaluating boyer.

I am judging him for this year and last. He was calling the plays in the beginning of the year with a healthy squad last year and went 1 and 7. Flores took over play calling in the later half and that is when the scheme changed back to the cover 0.

Boyer can't run the cover 0 effectively. While some may accurately claim that all of these points are pure speculation as they haven't been confirmed, I will put my money where my mouth is and assert that we have seen the last of the cover 0 in Miami. We will still use it from time to time but nowhere near like before, even when Byron Jones comes back.

The amoeba defense is dead, because Flores was the leader of it and was the play caller.

Don’t forget antagonizing stills publicly in TC, creating a situation where stills had to be part of that tunsil trade.
You’re right. I had forgotten about that. He really seemed to target certain players

Because none of those disciples could bring Tom Brady along with them. Belichick was lucky he stumbled on to Brady or he would have probably failed also. He would have had the reputation of being a great coordinator but a failed head coach.
You know what? I think you’re 100% right. Simple explanation but makes more and more sense by the day

Noll was the only one with success as a HC in the pros (although it was huge).

Arnsparger had no success as a HC in the pros or college (which pisses me off since if he had stayed as the Dolphins DC, Marino wins a couple of SBs at least).
I would say Clarke did ok w Detroit - remember him praying on the sideline in the playoff game vs SF as Eddie Murray went out for the GW FG - and missed? I think SF went on to win the SB that year but came so close to getting punked by Detroit. But yeah, you’re point is fair - didn’t HS win some titles at the college level?

I am judging him for this year and last. He was calling the plays in the beginning of the year with a healthy squad last year and went 1 and 7. Flores took over play calling in the later half and that is when the scheme changed back to the cover 0.

Boyer can't run the cover 0 effectively. While some may accurately claim that all of these points are pure speculation as they haven't been confirmed, I will put my money where my mouth is and assert that we have seen the last of the cover 0 in Miami. We will still use it from time to time but nowhere near like before, even when Byron Jones comes back.

The amoeba defense is dead, because Flores was the leader of it and was the play caller.
You havent made any points based on verifiable information so your opinion means fk all.

Youre never just hiring a head coach when you hire one. Youre hiring the guy's network of people he can or will hire for his coaching staff. It was obvious that Flores was bereft of good connection and his communication skills were ****. 'Mumbles's' press conferences were brutal.

Source regarding play calling? All I have seen is conjecture on both sides of the debate.

Regardless, how do you play a cover zero this year, with X playing injured and Byron Jones out? Same question now that Brandon Jones and Needham are out.

I really, really don’t like the style of D this year. But it is most certainly personnel related thus far.

Give Boyer his secondary back and we can see who had the balls to go cover zero last year.

Source regarding play calling? All I have seen is conjecture on both sides of the debate.

Regardless, how do you play a cover zero this year, with X playing injured and Byron Jones out? Same question now that Brandon Jones and Needham are out.

I really, really don’t like the style of D this year. But it is most certainly personnel related thus far.

Give Boyer his secondary back and we can see who had the balls to go cover zero last year.

What kind of make believe football analysis assumes that injuries don't happen every single year? Look what McDaniel has done with that offensive line just with pure scheme.

Boyer hasn't shown anything special thus far. Hopefully Chubb pushes us over the top to help produce more sacks and turnovers. I personally hope and think he may.

Flores greatest contribution was the TNT wall. But he should have been running to it constantly himself because it Take No Talent to treat people with decency.

Back
Top Bottom