Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Was Right About Chris Grier — and Brian Flores Was Wrong | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Was Right About Chris Grier — and Brian Flores Was Wrong

What kind of make believe football analysis assumes that injuries don't happen every single year? Look what McDaniel has done with that offensive line just with pure scheme.

Boyer hasn't shown anything special thus far. Hopefully Chubb pushes us over the top to help produce more sacks and turnovers. I personally hope and think he may.
It’s not make believe football.

Losing boundary corners is as devastating to the defense as losing hill and waddle. You think the O would be as explosive without them?

We saw this offense without Tua.

On both sides of the ball, there is a breaking point for injuries. Injury status at the end of the season will likely determine how far we advance.

I guess it's to the organization's credit that they kept Flo's douchebaggery under wraps until he was kicked to the curb. No question he had a toxic effect not only on Tua!

I think a GM in any professional sport, blows hot and cold. How many times in sports has a GM failed and then finds success with another franchise? How many times has a GM, gone on a hot streak, knocking virtually every pick, outta the park. Then disappears into thin air?

Grier ain't any different.

Losing boundary corners is as devastating to the defense as losing hill and waddle. You think the O would be as explosive without them?

On both sides of the ball, there is a breaking point for injuries. Injury status at the end of the season will likely determine how far we advance.
It's also the number of injuries at a particular position. So far we haven't had Byron Jones. His back-up was probably going to be Trill Williams who was lost for the year. We brought in Mackensie Alexander to replace him and he was lost for the year. Then we lost Needham for the year. No team is expecting to need to be 5 deep at a position. The fact that Kohou, Crossen and Bethel have played as well as they have is a credit to both scouting and coaching.

Grier is doing his best and that's all we can ask.
I was right there with you, but the whole Start Tua his rookie year early is where all components fell apart

I dont believe that was Flores’s call and that’s when he checked out

I was right there with you, but the whole Start Tua his rookie year early is where all components fell apart

I dont believe that was Flores’s call and that’s when he checked out
Have there ever been reports that Grier interfered in GameDay decisions?

That's your beliefs.

Last edited:
Have there ever been reports that Grier interfered in GameDay decisions?

That's your believe.
I never heard that Grier interfered, but there was a report that Marino and Ross visited camp and that Ross asked Marino whether Tua should be playing. Reportedly Marino said something to the effect of you have to see what you have. Less than a week before that Flores had said Tua "wasn't ready" then after that visit Tua started and Fitz claimed it came out of nowhere, etc. There was never a report that Ross or Grier or anybody mandated that Tua start, but the timing and flip-flop suggests that there may have been some pressure applied. And the way Flores seemed to want to be so anti-Tua suggests that as well.

I never heard that Grier interfered, but there was a report that Marino and Ross visited camp and that Ross asked Marino whether Tua should be playing. Reportedly Marino said something to the effect of you have to see what you have. Less than a week before that Flores had said Tua "wasn't ready" then after that visit Tua started and Fitz claimed it came out of nowhere, etc. There was never a report that Ross or Grier or anybody mandated that Tua start, but the timing and flip-flop suggests that there may have been some pressure applied. And the way Flores seemed to want to be so anti-Tua suggests that as well.
I was specifically taking about Grier because that's who he is blaming.

Ross is another story.

I guess it's to the organization's credit that they kept Flo's douchebaggery under wraps until he was kicked to the curb. No question he had a toxic effect not only on Tua!

I would have kicked him before the season was over myself -

Fun thing about Grier this year…i get on this board year after year and read about the moves we should make. I’m not as much up on it as most people on these boards, so I get excited about reading the prospects from all of you…but year after year, we fail to make any of the moves people want here. We either do something else, or do nothing. This is the first year I see us doing exactly what the people on this board want…the talk was all about Armstead…and we went and got him…then just now, about Chubb…and we went and got him. This feels like the first time that has happened.

Lmao we are so back and forth about Grier. One minute we hate him, the next we love him!! Too funny

Agreed on all points, my only issue is that next year others will get injured and the same thing will be able to be said. Byron Jones is not a defense crippling injury.

Belichick is an a$$hole to practically everyone - he even takes great pride in it (some may even think that it comes with his tough Croatian heritage). Those who succeed in the Belichick system obtain an honors degree in how to become a divisive a$$hole and Brian Flores was a very very good student. When the plethora of underlings (cough Josh McDaniels, cough Matt Patricia, cough Brian Flores, cough Bill O'Brien, cough Joe Judge, cough Romeo Crennel, cough Nick Saban, cough Eric Mangini, etc, etc) leave New England to become NFL head coaches elsewhere, they get exposed to the reality that most people actually work best when they work together because tough, mean, divisiveness can be difficult to overcome. They have to work cohesively with GMs, salary cap gurus and owners and make critical coaching appointments and they have never been exposed to doing any of that. They just automatically revert to what they know works well in Foxboro and that is trying to imitate Bill's a$$hole manner (but they don't have the 8 Super Bowl rings on the resume to permit the distance to get away with it or Tom Brady as their QB). What has succeeded brilliantly in New England is unlikely to succeed elsewhere, unless any future underlings who escape "the cuckoo's nest" have the aptitude and capacity to adapt and learn to treat people with some genuine respect.
Do you or does anyone know if Brady has said anything about how Bill really is? I haven't heard anything but I bet when he retires he will come out with something if he hasn't yet already

Back
Top Bottom