Miami Dolphins Players React To Rampant Roster Revisions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Players React To Rampant Roster Revisions

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
121116-spt-dolphins-ae-011.jpg

Players like Kenyan Drake learn quickly how things can change.
“It’s a business,” Drake said. “It’s rare that you’re going to the same team for two, three, four, five years in a row. But I feel like (coach Adam) Gase has a plan. He’s brought the guys in and let the guys he’s let go for a reason. And I feel like now it’s just kind of the people that are in the position to step up. It’s their opportunity to do that.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ns-players-react-to-rampant-roster-revisions/

It's not rocket surgery. Do what your boss asks you to do, (you know like all the rest of us slobs with jobs). At some point players need to be held accountable. I get an annual review and I would guess that the majority of posters here are the same. If a message needs to be sent and nothing else seems to be working you have to wake people up and let them know changes are coming and nobody is considered safe. The rest of the employees will get the message pretty quick. It seems brutal but for some it is the only thing that gets their attention. Once you get buy-in from the ones that are left it makes it easier to establish a culture where any new people brought in understand what is expected of them and that there are NO exceptions to the rules. I guarantee you if Landry had been drafted by the Pats he would have learned his playbook. The established culture on that team would have made sure of that. I doubt the coaches would have even needed to be involved.

MercMan you might be right or just buying the coolaide the front office is selling the fans on their moves. I look at it this way if a coach is unable to coach all of his pro bowl players on his team and a pro bowl player represents the cream of the crop on any NFL squad then that has to tell you something about that coach.
Taking a real life senario like you were using on a job and flipping it around to a classful of students. If a teacher at a high school was unable to instruct their advanced class of students because of some disciplinary issues caused by the students what do you suppose would happen? I think you know the answer, teacher gets fired, teacher leaves to find another career they can do sucessfully or the teacher has to learn how to do their job better. I disagree with ya running a team or your employees through fear of loising their jobs is a sucessful method. No body wants to be part of a organization like that and will jump ship as soon as a opportunity arises.

MercMan you might be right or just buying the coolaide the front office is selling the fans on their moves. I look at it this way if a coach is unable to coach all of his pro bowl players on his team and a pro bowl player represents the cream of the crop on any NFL squad then that has to tell you something about that coach.
Taking a real life senario like you were using on a job and flipping it around to a classful of students. If a teacher at a high school was unable to instruct their advanced class of students because of some disciplinary issues caused by the students what do you suppose would happen? I think you know the answer, teacher gets fired, teacher leaves to find another career they can do sucessfully or the teacher has to learn how to do their job better. I disagree with ya running a team or your employees through fear of loising their jobs is a sucessful method. No body wants to be part of a organization like that and will jump ship as soon as a opportunity arises.
Your real life scenario also ends up with some students never ever learning no matter who teaches them and students don't get paid millions of dollars to learn.

Do you job or get shipped out.

Your teacher analogy is way off. They never get fired for having poor classroom management. If they did very few teachers would see year two or three. You are right they would get help by surrounding them with a competent team to collaborate with and help them grow. However more often than not, the student(s) are disciplined by the administration or removed from the class. Sound familiar?

Your real life scenario also ends up with some students never ever learning no matter who teaches them and students don't get paid millions of dollars to learn.

Do you job or get shipped out.
Agree in my senario its the teacher not doing their job you have to consider when the sharpest students are failing. Millions of dollars are irrevelant when you can find the same job on another squad for the same amount or more, so using money equation is irrevlent in your post.

Your teacher analogy is way off. They never get fired for having poor classroom management. If they did very few teachers would see year two or three. You are right they would get help by surrounding them with a competent team to collaborate with and help them grow. However more often than not, the student(s) are disciplined by the administration or removed from the class. Sound familiar?
Not in this day and age students don't get removed often, but again it's telling when the best students are getting removed not the worst students so I am not buying your argument.

Agree in my senario its the teacher not doing their job you have to consider when the sharpest students are failing. Millions of dollars are irrevelant when you can find the same job on another squad for the same amount or more, so using money equation is irrevlent in your post.

Not in this day and age students don't get removed often, but again it's telling when the best students are getting removed not the worst students so I am not buying your argument.

So only you are correct. Got it.

And how do you know the best students - not players - were removed?

I agree with you that running an organization long-term through fear is normally a losing proposition but oddly enough I believe there are cases where it's the only thing that has any impact on certain personality types. What's even more off is that the coaches who actually instill the most fear sometimes get the most respect. Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Bryant, Ditka, just to name a few. were universally respected but they ruled with an iron fist.

It's not rocket surgery. Do what your boss asks you to do, (you know like all the rest of us slobs with jobs). At some point players need to be held accountable. I get an annual review and I would guess that the majority of posters here are the same. If a message needs to be sent and nothing else seems to be working you have to wake people up and let them know changes are coming and nobody is considered safe. The rest of the employees will get the message pretty quick. It seems brutal but for some it is the only thing that gets their attention. Once you get buy-in from the ones that are left it makes it easier to establish a culture where any new people brought in understand what is expected of them and that there are NO exceptions to the rules. I guarantee you if Landry had been drafted by the Pats he would have learned his playbook. The established culture on that team would have made sure of that. I doubt the coaches would have even needed to be involved.
Rocket science or brain surgery?

It’s so funny reading all the comments from guys saying who they know for a fact this team will be terrible this year, like they don’t see how impossible it is to predict what teams will do what every season. They’re just being bitter. Pessimists. We didn’t have our starting QB last year and we only lost a slot receiver, a past his prime center that before he was let go everyone wanted gone (now suddenly we let go of 24 year old pouncey according to them), and a drastically overpaid DT that everyone thought was a bad deal when we got him (and was a philbin pickup who everyone said had no clue how to build a team, oh yeah and Suh led a bad run D when that was supposed to be what we were paying ungodly amounts of cash for him to fix). Don’t forget about how suddenly the same experts everyone shat all over during the season are now being pointed to as the ones speaking the truth about our team when we all know they don’t even pay attention. SMH. I believe we will be in contention for the playoffs and will be more stable and consistent now without the hotheads and penalty magnets.

Back
Top Bottom