Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB and will be paid as such, but nice try.

And sure we threw a season away, but not with the intent to trade away all those picks for an injury prone QB, I believe Grier literally even said something in regards to this minus the injury prone QB stuff.

Grier will do what's smart and let the draft fall to him as he always does, if his boss doesn't interfere that is which is a real possibility in which case he needs to get out for the sake of his own career.
1581521600111.png

I think there's a super small chance that you're biased here... I could be wrong though!

Ryan God love him is not going to take a team to the Sb - Ryan will get paid because there are few QBs to begin with

Ryan has the deer in the headlights eyes - every time he has to put the team on his shoulders - not becoming of a top ten QB

In this era Ryan will never be put on a top ten QB list - and had it not been for the Titans team approach he may have had to take a one to two year contract - now the TiTans have to pay him big or let him walk

He already makes north of Tom Brady - I mean seriously?????!

RT was a top 10 QB throughout the entirety of 2019, but sure ignore the facts, whatever I don't care.

As long as we don't trade all 3 first (or something similar) for Tua I'm good, now Joe Burrow on the other hand, that's the best prospect in this draft so a crazy trade up makes more sense for him imo, but I probably still wouldn't do it personally.

RT was a top 10 QB throughout the entirety of 2019, but sure ignore the facts, whatever I don't care.

As long as we don't trade all 3 first for Tua, now Joe Burrow on the other hand, that's the best prospect in this draft.
An era not a freakin year - Gosh

That is great you like Burrow I respect that but what i see is no uPgrade over Thil with Burrows - should have kept the healthy Ryan and his near 50% record of beating the Pats

But Teams are in Ryan’s head and so wil D coordinators be on this rookie class of QBs heads

If a young QB is gonna have success he better be able to read a D otherwise you have 4-5 years to build a complimentary Offence around his skills

Alas Ryan Tannehill that is exactly what they tried to do with him and cut bait

View attachment 37812

I think there's a super small chance that you're biased here... I could be wrong though!

Dude I watched all his games at A&M and was super nervous that he wouldn't last to pick #8 with us because I knew he would be an excellent NFL QB.

Of course I'm biased, RT's career has been rocky but he's arrived now and is only improving like he always does.

Last edited:
An era not a freakin year - Gosh

Irrelevant, he just needs to hoist a Lombardi as is the true goal of NFL football.

He made it to the final 4 last year with an up and coming team, he'll be aiight.

Dude I watched all his games at A&M and was super nervous that he wouldn't last to pick #8 with us because I knew he would be an excellent NFL QB.

Of course I'm biased, RT's career has been rocky but he's arrive now and is only improving like he always does.
I root for him because he's a good dude and I thought he was certainly good enough to win with as he proved this year, but he's not the dude who's going to carry anybody and that's precisely the definition of a "franchise" QB and that's totally ok.

Wouldn't you have traded the 5th pick to move up to 2? Im your scenerio/dream how might you end up with both picks? I don't even know if you offered 18, 26 and both 2021 1st round picks if that would get you the 2nd pick.

It would. Shouldn’t do it but value wise it’s more than enough.

Any GM not needing a QB would need his head examined if he passed on that offer.

I root for him because he's a good dude and I thought he was certainly good enough to win with as he proved this year, but he's not the dude who's going to carry anybody and that's precisely the definition of a "franchise" QB and that's totally ok.

Not my definition.

My definition of a franchise QB is a QB that you as a GM would want to build your team around.

With RT's physical and mental talent, I would always want to build around him, of course guys like Mahomes and Rodgers are better but those are extremely difficult to acquire and take a little bit of luck.

Kirk Cousins is not a franchise QB imo becasue of his lack of physical and mental talent, that's where I draw the line personally.

You're really overthinking this. Trading up for a QB guarantees nothing and nobody is saying it will, but it does increase the likelihood that the QB ends up being good and this is really inarguable.

To play make believe scenario, let's say the #1 QB in the draft has a 50% chance of working out, and the last QB in the 1st round of the draft has a 15% chance of working out. We're spending more to move up and increase our odds. That's it. Sure, another strategy would be to just stay where we are or move down and pick a QB that has a lower chance of working out while solidifying other parts of our team in the meantime, but you'd still be spending more than 3 bottom of the 1st round picks to hit the same odds that your QB works out than if you had traded up in the first place, all while saving wasted years of your franchise.

Do you know how many 6th round QBs have been taken that have turned out to be really good? Can you even name a single one other than Brady off the top of your head? Hoping to get lucky isn't a sound strategy in any form.

It makes no sense to move up, because unless the Redskins, Lions, or Giants draft Tua, another team jumping Miami will be very risky for all other teams.

Miami is in the greatest position to take Tua if they want him at 5...

-They are behind only one team that is truely desperate to take a QB.

-Unlike most other teams, Miami can sit him for a year if need be.

-Unlike other teams, the past injury is not as big an issue, because while all teams hope to hit on their 1st, Miami will have two more 1st round picks to aquire more talent in other areas.

-It's going to be very expensive to move up to 4 let alone beyond that.

-If another team pays the extremely high price to move up, and Tua turns out to not be the QB they hoped him to be, they wasted a pick, and will be hard pressed to try to do it again, while if Miami takes Tua, and he fails to take the starting job, Miami has two more 1st round picks next year to take another QB.

Miami can not blink, they are in the drivers seat, and even if some does end up taking Tua, you have two years of 1st round picks to find a starting QB.

Not my definition.

My definition of a franchise QB is a QB that you as a GM would want to build your team around.

With RT's physical and mental talent, I would always want to build around him, of course guys like Mahomes and Rodgers are better but those are extremely difficult to acquire and take a little bit of luck.

Kirk Cousins is not a franchise QB imo becasue of his lack of physical and mental talent, that's where I draw the line personally.
I don't think there's any real difference between Tannehill and guys like Cousins, Jimmy G, Dak etc. Those guys are just a tier below QBs like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson etc. A "franchise" QB to me is one who you couldn't possibly think to upgrade from and is a guy who is going to pull games out of his ass when things are breaking down. Tannehill isn't that.

It makes no sense to move up, because unless the Redskins, Lions, or Giants draft Tua, another team jumping Miami will be very risky for all other teams.

Miami is in the greatest position to take Tua if they want him at 5...

-They are behind only one team that is truely desperate to take a QB.

-Unlike most other teams, Miami can sit him for a year if need be.

-Unlike other teams, the past injury is not as big an issue, because while all teams hope to hit on their 1st, Miami will have two more 1st round picks to aquire more talent in other areas.

-It's going to be very expensive to move up to 4 let alone beyond that.

-If another team pays the extremely high price to move up, and Tua turns out to not be the QB they hoped him to be, they wasted a pick, and will be hard pressed to try to do it again, while if Miami takes Tua, and he fails to take the starting job, Miami has two more 1st round picks next year to take another QB.

Miami can not blink, they are in the drivers seat, and even if some does end up taking Tua, you have two years of 1st round picks to find a starting QB.
You don't move up because you're worried about the teams ahead of you. You move up because everybody on the planet knows that the Dolphins covet Tua and any one of the other QB needy teams behind them (and there are a lot of them) could make the move and all it takes is one.

You really want to be sitting there on draft day deciding between Simmons and Herbert at 5 after New England moves up to take Tua at 3?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in that universe.

Not my definition.

That's the problem with terms like "franchise" and "elite". There is no common definition, other than an individual's subjective opinion.

For me, "franchise" means perennially a top 10 QB.

"Elite" is a level above, and is a guy that can consistently snatch victory from the jaws of defeat,

You don't move up because you're worried about the teams ahead of you. You move up because everybody on the planet knows that the Dolphins covet Tua and any one of the other QB needy teams behind them (and there are a lot of them) could make the move and all it takes is one.

You really want to be sitting there on draft day deciding between Simmons and Herbert at 5 after New England moves up to take Tua at 3?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in that universe.

If the Patriots are willing to pay such a huge amount to move up that far...Have at it, and welcome to Miami Herbert, and/or Possibly (Depending how Herbert does) Lawrence/Fields next year.

Make the trade happen...make them an offer, test the waters...it would on the contingent that it is indeed Tua sitting there. You want 5, 18 and one of the first next year...got it...all three first this year? Sure. I'm getting my QB and I am going to sit here and enjoy winning 10 plus games a year for the next 10 plus years with hopefully a couple of nice Super Bowl runs.

Back
Top Bottom