Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Well watch him in the NFL - look lIke a smaller weaker Thill

Yea I have no idea honestly, but with the speach that kid gave and the performances he had this year, I think he'll be aiight but you're right time will tell.

Well only if they have had the kind of season Burrow did last year.

Personally I don't watch college football, just BBall so you tell me, was Burrow pretty good last year?

I already know the answer and I didn't even need to watch lol.

This. Explains. A lot.

And let me ponder this for a sec... you would've known to have given up 3 first round picks
I doubt the Fins have to give up 3 1st, but I would be fine with it either way. Take away their 3 first this year and they still lead the league in pick value over the next 2 years.

Now, don't you sell yourself short. You definitely would have known. This is why you're employed by the NF.... oh... wait... what's that? You're not? Why, I'll be a monkey's uncle.
You got me, Im not employed by the NFL, are you?

Fact: Severe injury. (as if drafting an unknown isn't hard enough)
Fact: Rebuilding team. (we don't need much young talent as possible)
Fact: No lines. (can't block, can't pressure- no problem)
Fact: No DBs. (the position is currently under abuse sorta speak)
Fact: No RB. (maybe we do & we'll just give him to the next SB team)
Fact: [add here as you see fit]
Severe injury thats already healed and should be cleared for football activities in about a month. I agree alot of **** can happen but what else is there to talk about really?

Giving up 3 1st for Tua would not prevent the Fins from building their team. Grier could mess it up, but it wouldnt be because he gave up 3 1st for a QB. Fins still have 2x 2nds, 1x 3rd, 2x 4ths this year and 2x 1st, 2x 2nds + all their remaining own picks. If Grier cant build a team with 2x 1st, 4x 2nds, 2x 3rds, all the usual late rounders plus 150M cap space over 2 years, it wont be because they traded up for Tua, it'll be because Grier sucks.

Have you even taken into perspective that if this were to happen to you or me (unless you're rich), our entire lives would be turned upside down because we wouldn't have the privilege/provisions to afford the best medical care and, more important, a rehabilitation regiment so scrupulous and scientific, supervised by the best the business has to offer with equipment I could not afford if I worked 3 lifetimes? I don't know where you stand financially but my insurance company certainly ain't covering that. My hip would just have to deteriorate at a faster pace than my age.

Unfortunately for Tua fans, all this was disproven this very offseason. Save Majomes, the most competitive teams have what Tua fans would describe as mediocre QB's at the helm.
The QB doesnt matter was proven this offseason, exept for the guy who actually won, it didnt work... Seriously?

This. Explains. A lot.

Yep, and even I know that Burrow had an epic season and Tua is a high injury risk in the NFL.

Burrow is clearly the better prospect and is seen as such by pretty much everywhere outside of the finheaven bubble, but what else is new.

All the talk of leadership, fire and spark around burrow reminds me of Tbow coming out of Florida. Because they both have major flaws in thier game. I see burrow flaming out in the NFL just the same. Personally I just still don't see NFL in him but that's just me.

All the talk of leadership, fire and spark around burrow reminds me of Tbow coming out of Florida. Because they both have major flaws in thier game. I see burrow flaming out in the NFL just the same. Personally I just still don't see NFL in him but that's just me.

Amazing how his flaws didn't show up against the brutal schedule he had this season.

Mechanically I don't think he's quite the same as Tebow was lol.

He was EPIC, and I didn't even watch sadly, but hey, at least it wasn't BAMA!

Yep, and even I know that Burrow had an epic season and Tua is a high injury risk in the NFL.

Burrow is clearly the better prospect and is seen as such by pretty much everywhere outside of the finheaven bubble, but what else is new.
Tua was the #1 HS recruit in the country. He went to Alabama and got thrust into a National Championship game where he won as a rookie. His following season was statistically the best passing college football season of all-time. He started off his second full season starting with something like a 27 TD to 0 INT ratio.

Since you don't watch college football I feel like I had to tell you that, because if Tua never had the hip injury he'd be the #1 pick right now even over Burrow and the "epic" season he just had.

Weird that talk about a "bubble" exists from someone who literally has no idea what he's talking about because he doesn't actually follow the sport. How arrogant is that?

Amazing how his flaws didn't show up against the brutal schedule he had this season.

Mechanically I don't think he's quite the same as Tebow was lol.

He was EPIC, and I didn't even watch sadly, but hey, at least it wasn't BAMA!
I would love to have your passion about a topic you admittedly know knowing about.

As a Gator I watched every Tebow game. While I would gleefully walk in front of a bus for the guy, he always struggled with his throws. I never got why he didn't become an NFL TE. He would have been amazing.

As a Gator I watched every Tebow game. While I would gleefully walk in front of a bus for the guy, he always struggled with his throws. I never got why he didn't become an NFL TE. He would have been amazing.
To me he was the only qb that was asked to move that should have. Hopefully he's not as tied to a specific baseball position lol

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Tebow had obvious passing flaws in this game. There was no point in his college career where you thought his passing resume was enough at the next level. In addition to the abilities to create plays, like Tebow, Burrow does has better arm talent. Now, I'm not saying it's elite but it's enough, imo, to succeed along with his other intanglibes at the next level.

Ofcourse, like most QBs, he's going to need a system and coaching staff to compliment his talent.

Considering, Zack Taylor, with a far better roster than the Miami Dolphins could barely pull off 1 win I'm not sure Burrow is going to get the best with that coaching regime.

I keep coming back to people picking players like Jones and Tribusky and seeing people had them rated high. Burrow is a 1st round QB, and he had a great season, but he also has some limitations. The only reason Burrow is over Tua is because of his injury and whether he would be worth the risk, the fact that with that doubt Tua is still seen as a consensus top 5 pick speaks volumes about the level of talent he has. I bet this narrative begins to change the more he does and shows he can run and throw.

It was funny watching everyone all of the sudden turn on Watson a couple of years ago when the guy produced over multiple seasons or convincing themselves that Dan Jones was a top 10 picks. I see large groups of people make the same dumb analysis.

Last edited:
The only reason Burrow is over Tua is because of his injury
"Prior to losing to LSU and then dislocating his hip against Mississippi State, Tua Tagovailoa was the -150 favorite to go first overall in the 2020 NFL Draft." -Sports betting dime

I keep coming back to people picking players like Jones and Tribusky and seeing people had them rated high. Burrow is a 1st round QB, and he had a great season, but he also has some limitations. The only reason Burrow is over Tua is because of his injury and whether he would be worth the risk, the fact that with that doubt Tua is still seen as a consensus top 5 pick speaks volumes about the level of talent he has. I bet this narrative begins to change the more he does and shows he can run and throw.

It was funny watching everyone all of the sudden turned on Watson a couple of years ago when the guy produced over multiple seasons or convincing themselves that Dan Jones was a top 10 picks. I see large groups of people make the same dumb analysis.
I'm admittly not a fan of burrow. Personally feel he is going to flame out but I also feel he is going to be selected in top 5. I just hope he doesn't find his way to Miami.
I laughed my ass off when Chicago selected turbisky and giants grabbed Jones. To me those are mistakes that will set both franchises back.
I do also have a feeling Chicago move on from turbisky. I have Chicago as dark horse to sign Brady. If not him they will pick up one of the domino FA Qbs.

My gosh man there's zero comparison between the two other than leadership.

Back
Top Bottom