Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Yep, and even I know that Burrow had an epic season and Tua is a high injury risk in the NFL.

Burrow is clearly the better prospect and is seen as such by pretty much everywhere outside of the finheaven bubble, but what else is new.

Um...

...no.

Just no.

If not for the injury, there would be legit Manning/Leaf type debate about which one is the better prospect. I like Burrow, and think the arm concerns are very much overstated, but I'll take a healthy Tua over a healthy Burrow.

Um...

...no.

Just no.

If not for the injury, there would be legit Manning/Leaf type debate about which one is the better prospect. I like Burrow, and think the arm concerns are very much overstated, but I'll take a healthy Tua over a healthy Burrow.
Thing is, if you have to preface the coment with "if not for the injury", you aren't argueing from the standpoint of reality.

The injury happened. Not only the hip injury, but the overall injury history.

It doesn't worry some. Others worry, but are ok with the risk. Others fear he will end up being injury prone.

In any case, you can't ignore the reality, and say "if".

Thing is, if you have to preface the coment with "if not for the injury", you aren't argueing from the standpoint of reality.

It doesn't worry some. Others worry, but are ok with the risk. Others fear he will end up being injury prone.

Sure I can, if the post that I'm responding to doesn't acknowledge it in the equation.

Sure I can, if the post that I'm responding to doesn't acknowledge it in the equation.

I think everyone, irrespective of thier position, acknowledges that the injury is a "given" in the equation. Does it really have to be specified at this point in time?

If not for the 2H, SF would have won the SB

I think everyone, irrespective of thier position, acknowledges that the injury is a "given" in the equation. Does it really have to be specified at this point in time?

Yes.

Are you unfamiliar with the polarization of opinions on this board?

what kind of nonsense is this?

no one said you can't be competitive without a "generational" talent and your word play only weakens your argument.

playoffs QBs
- Lamar Jackson (MVP)
- Mahomes (prior MVP)
- Tom Brady (prior MVP)
- Desaun Watson (broke our own Dan Marino's record for his prolific touchdown scoring in his rookie year)

- Josh Allen (meh)
- Tannehill (meh)
- Jimmy G (meh)
- Aaron Rodgers (MVP)
- Drew Brees (MVP)
- Carson Wentz (Damn good QB)
- Russell Wilson (HOF)

- Kirk Cousins (meh)

The teams bolded made the playoffs last year, too. Notice any trends?

If I'm the Vikings, Bills, or Titans....I'm a little nervous about making the playoffs next year. All the other teams? They're good bets to be in the mix again. That's because they have great QBs (and the 49ers still have a young and elite defense).

Please stop this campaign to belittle the QB position. It's the most important on the team, it's the key ingredient to sustained success, and maybe you just don't like the idea of trading assets for Tua because you think he's injury prone. Fine, but this concept of fans being "delusional" because they want an elite QB? That's just bs. The delusion is that you can win without one.
Pointing out that a complete team is necessary for success is not "belittling" the the QB position, it is pointing out a fact. Not trading up for an injured QB is just common sense.

Didn't you read his post? All Miami did with a great coach and a generational QB was go to the superbowl.

As compared to what they've done since without either. Definitely don't want to just be going to any superbowls.

Miami had perhaps the greatest pure pocket passer to ever play the game, coupled with one of the winningest head coaches of all time. That QB produced one Super Bowl trip and lost in a blowout. Dan Marino quarterbacked for 17 years. In what world is this considered success? One visit to the Super Bowl?This is a far cry from the rhetoric about the generational QB floating around Tua making the team perennial contenders for the next decade. By the QB value thrown out on this site, Marino should have been unstoppable and had a score of rings. He doesn't. Why not?

You're really overthinking this. Trading up for a QB guarantees nothing and nobody is saying it will, but it does increase the likelihood that the QB ends up being good and this is really inarguable.

To play make believe scenario, let's say the #1 QB in the draft has a 50% chance of working out, and the last QB in the 1st round of the draft has a 15% chance of working out. We're spending more to move up and increase our odds. That's it. Sure, another strategy would be to just stay where we are or move down and pick a QB that has a lower chance of working out while solidifying other parts of our team in the meantime, but you'd still be spending more than 3 bottom of the 1st round picks to hit the same odds that your QB works out than if you had traded up in the first place, all while saving wasted years of your franchise.

Do you know how many 6th round QBs have been taken that have turned out to be really good? Can you even name a single one other than Brady off the top of your head? Hoping to get lucky isn't a sound strategy in any form.
What is the percentage of success when drafting a QB with a broken hip?

By the QB value thrown out on this site, Marino should have been unstoppable and had a score of rings. He doesn't. Why not?
Because there are 32 teams and this is how life works? How many great defenses with the same exact players won multiple SBs?

Back
Top Bottom