Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Ryan God love him is not going to take a team to the Sb - Ryan will get paid because there are few QBs to begin with

Ryan has the deer in the headlights eyes - every time he has to put the team on his shoulders - not becoming of a top ten QB

In this era Ryan will never be put on a top ten QB list - and had it not been for the Titans team approach he may have had to take a one to two year contract - now the TiTans have to pay him big or let him walk

He already makes north of Tom Brady - I mean seriously?????!
You're in denial. You need to re-watch the Titan's season this past year. RT may not be elite, but he is indeed a franchise QB.

You don't move up because you're worried about the teams ahead of you. You move up because everybody on the planet knows that the Dolphins covet Tua and any one of the other QB needy teams behind them (and there are a lot of them) could make the move and all it takes is one.

You really want to be sitting there on draft day deciding between Simmons and Herbert at 5 after New England moves up to take Tua at 3?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in that universe.
Decisions made from a position of fear are rarely the right choice.

Make the trade happen...make them an offer, test the waters...it would on the contingent that it is indeed Tua sitting there. You want 5, 18 and one of the first next year...got it...all three first this year? Sure. I'm getting my QB and I am going to sit here and enjoy winning 10 plus games a year for the next 10 plus years with hopefully a couple of nice Super Bowl runs.

Tua will be lucky to play out his rookie contract.

... rolls eyes ...

And I like Ryan Tannehill a lot but he is a system QB not the System

When you try to fail as bad as we did (and didn’t go far enough) you have to come away the big prize

This class of QB is laced with RPO and or System QBs meaning you have to put Everything around them to ensure success.

I prefer a QB who is the system and raises the quality around him this person has ice in his veins

He almost led a comeback against LSU with a so so ankle this past year
Brady is a system QB. Seems to have workEd out ok.

I keep coming back to people picking players like Jones and Tribusky and seeing people had them rated high. Burrow is a 1st round QB, and he had a great season, but he also has some limitations. The only reason Burrow is over Tua is because of his injury and whether he would be worth the risk, the fact that with that doubt Tua is still seen as a consensus top 5 pick speaks volumes about the level of talent he has. I bet this narrative begins to change the more he does and shows he can run and throw.

It was funny watching everyone all of the sudden turn on Watson a couple of years ago when the guy produced over multiple seasons or convincing themselves that Dan Jones was a top 10 picks. I see large groups of people make the same dumb analysis.
You act as though Tua doesn't have flaws. Forgetting the hip injury, I still question his ability to read the field, his Overall desire to play, and his durability. He made his reputation off of two basic throws that really aren't all that available in the NFL. Tua has plenty to prove, assuming he can return to anywhere near his original form.

You act as though Tua doesn't have flaws. Forgetting the hip injury, I still question his ability to read the field, his Overall desire to play, and his durability. He made his reputation off of two basic throws that really aren't all that available in the NFL. Tua has plenty to prove, assuming he can return to anywhere near his original form.

All rookie QBs will have to prove they can achieve what they did in college at the NFL level.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ability to read" I don't think there has been a QB who has come out in the last 5 plus years who reads the field and processes where he is meant to go with the ball better than Tua. I wish I could find the tweet, but one college coach mentioned that they got a couple of NFL blitz concepts and used them against Bama and Tua. There were concepts that the team had not used and were sure Tua had not seen before. The coach was asked what the result was and he said...he threw a TD on us.

I can understand questioning his height, or having qualms about his injury and recovery, but desire to play and ability to read the field makes no sense at all.

You're in denial. You need to re-watch the Titan's season this past year. RT may not be elite, but he is indeed a franchise QB.
Here is denial for you... ... hold tight you might get lost

He was jettisoned - sent to the woods - Sent packing - he was the one who was healthy and had beats the Pats more than anyone - kicked to the curb - just because he turned it around in your eyes doesn’t mean that this franchise QB In your eyes wasn’t rejected by this FO and will never be brought up by this franchise‘S fanbase in 10 years unless it is a punch line

Is that fair probably not because I like the man - is he a franchise QB? You have low standards

All rookie QBs will have to prove they can achieve what they did in college at the NFL level.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ability to read" I don't think there has been a QB who has come out in the last 5 plus years who reads the field and processes where he is meant to go with the ball better than Tua. I wish I could find the tweet, but one college coach mentioned that they got a couple of NFL blitz concepts and used them against Bama and Tua. There were concepts that the team had not used and were sure Tua had not seen before. The coach was asked what the result was and he said...he threw a TD on us.

I can understand questioning his height, or having qualms about his injury and recovery, but desire to play and ability to read the field makes no sense at all.
This dude is mr straw argument

This right here is probably the worst hot take on Tua i have read. Sure knock him for his injury history but everything you just listed as his negatives are the things scouts, GMs, and pundits rave about him. You obviously haven't watched him play if that's your hot take of the kid.

Decisions made from a position of fear are rarely the right choice.
Hilarious quip given that this year's Super Bowl champions dealt with this same exact thing when they were trying to land Mahomes in the draft.

Any more untrue one liners ya got?

I think a huge shock is coming on draft day. I think this front office:
1)knows they need every draft asset and more to re-build a roster they decimated. Trading up to #2 or #3 is, I bet, not something they want to do unless it's a bargain trade.
2)will follow the Patriots model of drafting and trade down more than trade up. Maybe little trade ups in the later rounds that don't wreck your draft, but in the top 10, it will surprise me if they go this route.
3)I read that Grier wants to use all his picks on players. My gut says he meant that.
4)I think more than looking at college resumes, they are going to break down each QB based on traits- leadership, accuracy, etc and see which QB will best fit into Gailey's incoming system. I think they are going to find there is a later round QB or two that doesn't differ much from, say, Eason or Herbert.
5)I think they know if they give away the farm to trade up to 2 or 3 for a QB and he busts they are cooked. I honestly think Miami trades down out of 5, to maybe 9, adds another first rounder next year or a second this year, still picks a stud, and grabs a QB nobody saw coming late 1st. And this board goes crazy. I have a feeling on who the QB might be, and I have posted about him various times, (Morgan FIU)but this would not shock me at all. It's going to be about the team's ability to develop the guy they draft- they know they are not drafting a finished product. This may not be a popular opinion, and I am not advocating "pick Morgan over Tua!" ... but my own draft mantra has always been "run screaming from oft injured players early"...and that is Tua. Herbert is not a leader. Bash me all you want, I just have a feeling we will be unconventional, come away with 14+ draftees, a QB no one expected, but it will be a guy to develop, who will not start right away anyway. The QB will be a guy they think they can turn into a real leader, who processes fast, nice arm, accurate.

Back
Top Bottom