Miami Dolphins sign kicker Jason Sanders to extension | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins sign kicker Jason Sanders to extension

what’s he kicked for us for? 2 years maybe. Not a large body of work. But a leap of faith I suppose and we could do worse. Seems in line with where the market should be Id say for him as a free agent. Of course this is a year early. When we controlled him at what $920k for another year.
The pay is fine, and most well deserved. I just wanted to point out that we are expecting him to not miss more than before. And that some players tend to ghost after a big payday, and that includes all positions.

The guy hits from all distances and it's been awesome not have to worry about field goals all the time (ahem... Dan Carpenter).

Remember the Arizona game where their guy couldn't even make the uprights at the end of the game? Great signing by the Dolphins today.

It wasn't a surprise Miami explored extensions with its players and now getting something done with Sanders. With current cap restraints it may be a wiser choice to hold onto as much cap space until further overall financial improvements allow for more spending. Gesicki and Smythe are keepers and hopefully Miami finds a way to get them extended. In terms of production Gesicki has been right up there, in the top tier of yards, yards per catch and catches. Smythe has been good within the system and isn't going to cost a lot to re- sign.

where is the improvement? From rookie year to now hell yes cause he was a dumpster fire as a rookie. A flex than can’t separate and can’t run thru contact and can’t block what an awful combo. To not have at least one in a starting flex

combine that with all speed cut route combo requirements which limit separation even more at the top of route and ugh.
No offense Hoops....But I think you’re being a little rough on the guy.

He’s not Gronk or Kelce nor will he ever be. But he’s an improving option at TE. Is he worth 10 Mil? Hell no. However, he made quite a few tough catches last year. I think he’s a decent piece to the puzzle if we can get him signed to a long term, cap friendly deal.

No offense Hoops....But I think you’re being a little rough on the guy.

He’s not Gronk or Kelce nor will he ever be. But he’s an improving option at TE. Is he worth 10 Mil? Hell no. However, he made quite a few tough catches last year. I think he’s a decent piece to the puzzle if we can get him signed to a long term, cap friendly deal.

no offense taken. How did he improve? And where is this improvement taking us?

and lastly you sure it’s not limiting us? From an oc or gameplan aspect?

what’s he kicked for us for? 2 years maybe. Not a large body of work. But a leap of faith I suppose and we could do worse. Seems in line with where the market should be Id say for him as a free agent. Of course this is a year early. When we controlled him at what $920k for another year.
He’s kicked for us the last 3 years, and had a down year the second year with only hitting 76% of his kicks. His rookie year and last year he hit 90%+ on his attempts and has been very good on extra points all three years. I like the early signings of the productive players instead of waiting and losing them in FA like years past.

I love the Sanders deal!

I want to resign Baker....... Gesicki? Well it would be nice to have a TE that could block once and a while. Hes def not worth 10 mil a year.

no offense taken. How did he improve? And where is this improvement taking us?

and lastly you sure it’s not limiting us? From an oc or gameplan aspect?
His blocking still sucks. I can’t argue that one. But he got a lot better going over the middle this year. He made some pretty nice contested catches. I saw improvement. Again, I don’t think he’ll ever be an All Pro. I also would like to see Pitts in a Dolphins uniform....But I did see improvement over last year.

We know he didn't need the money.

Colonel Sanders has the cash flowing in from the Original Recipe and the Extra Crispy!

Back
Top Bottom