Miami Dolphins sign kicker Jason Sanders to extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins sign kicker Jason Sanders to extension

I remember when he was drafted out of New Mexico, no body had any idea who he was. I think Rizzi was the one who found him. Happy to see him staying and would like to keep Haack as well.

Nobody ever knows where kickers come from even while watching college lol. With that said, Sanders issue wasn't his leg power it was his accuracy. Sanders leg is very powerful. I never felt last season that he was going to miss when he came out to the field.

No offense Hoops....But I think you’re being a little rough on the guy.

He’s not Gronk or Kelce nor will he ever be. But he’s an improving option at TE. Is he worth 10 Mil? Hell no. However, he made quite a few tough catches last year. I think he’s a decent piece to the puzzle if we can get him signed to a long term, cap friendly deal.
He is the best receiver we have.

His blocking still sucks. I can’t argue that one. But he got a lot better going over the middle this year. He made some pretty nice contested catches. I saw improvement. Again, I don’t think he’ll ever be an All Pro. I also would like to see Pitts in a Dolphins uniform....But I did see improvement over last year.
Have you actually watched the tape last year.? I did, rewind every single play. His blocking has improved. Much better than rookie season. While not as good as natural blocking TE, he is definitely not below average when it comes to blocking.
Please, watch the games again, do not regurgitate the same old narrative. Definitely not 'suck'.

His blocking still sucks. I can’t argue that one. But he got a lot better going over the middle this year. He made some pretty nice contested catches. I saw improvement. Again, I don’t think he’ll ever be an All Pro. I also would like to see Pitts in a Dolphins uniform....But I did see improvement over last year.

no offense but you really didn’t tell me anything. “Going over the middle”...what? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you actually watched the tape last year.? I did, rewind every single play. His blocking has improved. Much better than rookie season. While not as good as natural blocking TE, he is definitely not below average when it comes to blocking.
Please, watch the games again, do not regurgitate the same old narrative. Definitely not 'suck'.

I watched it and outside of a stalk block which is basically a wr ask he does nothing. His technique is a little better but still a massive tell and you can’t line up even in tempo and run behind him at the poa. He’s blown 2 yards in your backfield

so the part folks are missing here is how much he limits your offense and how limited a player he is. Again no run thru contact sure there’s plenty of flexes that don’t do that but no separation for a flex combined is a disaster.

hope we don't count on him time and time again to bail us out. Playing with fire when you rely on your kicker too much

Back
Top Bottom