Miami Dolphins wary of letdown against Jaguars after win at Chicago | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins wary of letdown against Jaguars after win at Chicago

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
IMG_Panthers_Dolphins_Fo_2_1_0Q15TDE4_L2-1.jpg

The Miami Dolphins have been in this type of situation before – just last year, in fact – when they followed an uplifting win against a quality team (Cincinnati on Halloween), with an inexplicable loss to a dreadful 0-8 opponent (Tampa Bay).

At least that 2013 Dolphins team had the toxic bullying scandal as something of an excuse.
These Dolphins would have no such excuse if they follow Sunday’s impressive 27-14 win at Chicago with a dud on the road against a 1-6 Jacksonville team that ranks 31st in the NFL in offense and 27th in defense.
Coach Joe Philbin has warned his team of the landmines here, reminding his players after Sunday’s win that they haven’t won consecutive games all season. The Dolphins also have lost several games under Philbin that they had no business losing – at Tampa and at home last season against both the Bills (and quarterback Thad Lewis) and the Jets.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article3162093.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we learned from our past mistakes. With that said lets go whoop up on the jags

Hope Lil Queasy takes his medicine before the game!

canigivemydogpeptobismol-1.jpg

You guys, according to Philban, the outcome of the game doesn't matter just as long as you have a good week of practice. All hail the front office!!!

I like Gus Bradley. He seems to be positive and energetic. He took on a tough job.

Looking at some stats, Jacksonville has quite a few sacks and is giving up under 4 yards per rush. However, they seem vulnerable versus the pass and losing their MLB will hurt their run D.

I stand by my prediction a few weeks ago…Miami wins ugly…but it counts.

Someone (Vaark?) pointed out the particulars of the Bucs loss last year; bullygate.

I have little worries about taking care of the Jags this week. We are not the same team and are very much improved in numerous areas.

Someone (Vaark?) pointed out the particulars of the Bucs loss last year; bullygate.

I have little worries about taking care of the Jags this week. We are not the same team and are very much improved in numerous areas.
I so hope you are right. But I've heard for years how we are not the same team, only to watch us poo the bed in heart breaking fashion. But damn do I hope you're right. December tells the truth.

I'll stand by my prediction and say we crush the jags. The score won't reflect our dominance like against the bears.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I think Miami will win by a lot and Tannehill has another good game and all it does is give his supporter's more I told you so threads.

Hope we don't play down to the level of our competition like we always do

Hope we don't play down to the level of our competition like we always do

I hope so too. We can break into the 40s in this game if we don't mess around. 42 maybe 45 points scored with only like 10 allowed. So yeah, 42-10 is my prediction.

If we play badly, we will win but it'll be something like 24-17....ie. I don't see us losing this no matter what. I mean it would have to be a melt down of epic proportions.

Let's just hope that we aren't looking past the Jags at a very tough Chargers team the following week. The Jags showed in week 1 that they can get up on a team quickly if they're not focused... but that same game they showed they can be completely down and that the Dolphins offense can score at will when they are focused.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I hope so too. We can break into the 40s in this game if we don't mess around. 42 maybe 45 points scored with only like 10 allowed. So yeah, 42-10 is my prediction.

If we play badly, we will win but it'll be something like 24-17....ie. I don't see us losing this no matter what. I mean it would have to be a melt down of epic proportions.

I would give anything to win by 62 (or more) to 7 (or less). To this day that's still the most painful loss ever for me as a Dolphins fan.

Sadly (well not really) I expect we'll get into the 30's and take the foot off of their neck. Philbin isn't the type of coach to try and run the score up.

Back
Top Bottom