Miami Dolphins wary of letdown against Jaguars after win at Chicago | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins wary of letdown against Jaguars after win at Chicago

It wouldn't say much for us if we can only manage a squeaker win against an opponent with a -86 point differential over 6 games. This should be a blowout on par with the Oakland game.

Obviously I hope he plays great in both, but if Tannehill is going to have one **** game and one great game I would prefer he saves the great game for the Chargers and we find a way to win ugly vs the Jags. Obviously the defenses have a lot to do with how Tannehill plays but if you could reverse his performances against the Raiders and KC we probably win both of those games. When you have an inconsistent QB the luck of the draw on when he plays great can be the difference in winning or losing an extra game or two come the end of the season.

Obviously I hope he plays great in both, but if Tannehill is going to have one **** game and one great game I would prefer he saves the great game for the Chargers and we find a way to win ugly vs the Jags. Obviously the defenses have a lot to do with how Tannehill plays but if you could reverse his performances against the Raiders and KC we probably win both of those games. When you have an inconsistent QB the luck of the draw on when he plays great can be the difference in winning or losing an extra game or two come the end of the season.

I'd rather he played well against both opponents. After so many people have spent the last few days building Tannehill up, I'm really surprised to see the lowered expectations I'm reading now. Has Tannehill turned the corner or not? The people that think so should be expecting him to play a very good game against Jacksonville, not predicting another RT letdown performance where we are only going to squeak by a 1-6 team.

I'd rather he played well against both opponents. After so many people have spent the last few days building Tannehill up, I'm really surprised to see the lowered expectations I'm reading now. Has Tannehill turned the corner or not? The people that think so should be expecting him to play a very good game against Jacksonville, not predicting another RT letdown performance where we are only going to squeak by a 1-6 team.

Shouldn't be that surprising coming from me, I am considered a "hater" after all. I'm not going to predict how I see Tannehill's career going but I do know one thing: he will have more bad games this season.

I have a feeling this game will be a lot closer than it should, and the Dolphins will have all of us pulling our hair out Sunday. Because Dolphins, so why would they do it the easy way? I fully anticipate a first half letdown that they'll have to pull out of to have a chance to win. Because Philbin.

Blake Bortles is playing like a rookie. In 174 pass attempts he has 5 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions. That's really, really bad. That's the type of performance that gets you to 2 to 3 wins for the season. The Jags' defense is almost as bad. They've been thrown on 268 times and allowed 12 touchdowns with just 2 interceptions.

Simply put, the Jaguars have been awful up to this point, even factoring in their win against Cleveland. I haven't had a chance to watch that game yet, so I don't know if the Jags' defensive dominance in that game was due to Cleveland's incompetence or a great effort on the Jags' part. Posluzsny being out should help us. He is not good in coverage, but he's notched two sacks, a pass defense, a fumble recovery, and 47 tackles. That made him far and away the most productive player on that defense.

Miami must win this game. Miami can not have any excuses for losing this game. The Jaguars are NOT good. The Jaguars are actually worse than the Raiders in scoring offense and defense. They are worse at creating turnovers and protecting the football. Unless Jacksonville suddenly got MUCH better on defense in one week, then the Miami Dolphins could potentially put up their first 40 burger in a very, very long time this weekend.

Of course, now that I've said that, I predict a 19-15 loss.

The expectations of Tannehill, for some, is just unrealistic. Sure, we would love for Tannehill to have a great game every week, but even the great QB's have bad games against bad teams. That's why they play the game. A win is a win, that's all I expect from the dolphins against the jags. I don't care if tannehill has 5 INT's, as long as Miami wins. Of course that's just an exaggeration. And honestly, I don't think there have been many games where Tannehill was the main reason Miami has lost a game this year, or any year. It's usually a breakdown of a whole unit.

Ryan Tannehill flat out destroyed a top 10 Bears pass defense two days ago. They went from being in the top 1/4 of the league in several key efficienty stats through their first 6 games (and they played Aaron Rodgers in that span) to being in the bottom half of the league after Ryan Tannehill smoked them.

So yes, my expectation is for him to go out and have a great game vs the Jaguars. If he does not, that will be incredibly disappointing and I'll rightly bash him for ****ting the bed. And you know what? With this team's history over the past two years, I'm afraid that's what will happen.

I dont think this game smells of a Tampa letdown. Tampa had a semi-talented roster last year, but had poor coaching. Their players showed up that night and played to their ability. Jacksonville has no talent whatsoever at any of the core positions. Now that doesn't mean we cant lose....turnovers, special teams meltdown, injuries, etc can always happen, but I think we should coast through this game without showing our full hand.

Ryan Tannehill flat out destroyed a top 10 Bears pass defense two days ago. They went from being in the top 1/4 of the league in several key efficienty stats through their first 6 games (and they played Aaron Rodgers in that span) to being in the bottom half of the league after Ryan Tannehill smoked them.

So yes, my expectation is for him to go out and have a great game vs the Jaguars. If he does not, that will be incredibly disappointing and I'll rightly bash him for ****ting the bed. And you know what? With this team's history over the past two years, I'm afraid that's what will happen.

And if there is a breakdown on the interior oline and/or receivers dropping passes, is that a green light to bash tannehill? I mean, I also expect tannehill to have a great game. He rarely ****s the bed all on his own, and I don't expect that to start now.

And if there is a breakdown on the interior oline and/or receivers dropping passes, is that a green light to bash tannehill? I mean, I also expect tannehill to have a great game. He rarely ****s the bed all on his own, and I don't expect that to start now.

Well, I'll put it this way. I need to see another zero turnover game from Ryan Tannehill this week. I don't care what the circumstances are. Not even a fluke interception on a tipped ball. Is that fair? Of course it's not fair. I don't care.

This is the week I need him to go out there and beat the stuffing out of a dumpster tier football team.

I guess i'll put it this way, if Miami loses, I highly doubt it will be because of Tannehill, but we all know he'll get the full brunt of the bitching.

Funny you should take such a stance regarding the opinions of Tannehill from Roy_Miami. Surprised you two haven't formed a guild already.

The expectations of Tannehill, for some, is just unrealistic. Sure, we would love for Tannehill to have a great game every week, but even the great QB's have bad games against bad teams.

He's only had two great games out of six this season. It's not unreasonable to expect him to put up very good numbers vs. a 1-6 team. If he's the quarterback his supporters say he is, he should be able to do that. I expect him to do that; I'm not sure why his supporters don't also expect him to do that.

Blake Bortles is playing like a rookie. In 174 pass attempts he has 5 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions. That's really, really bad. That's the type of performance that gets you to 2 to 3 wins for the season. The Jags' defense is almost as bad. They've been thrown on 268 times and allowed 12 touchdowns with just 2 interceptions.

Simply put, the Jaguars have been awful up to this point, even factoring in their win against Cleveland. I haven't had a chance to watch that game yet, so I don't know if the Jags' defensive dominance in that game was due to Cleveland's incompetence or a great effort on the Jags' part. Posluzsny being out should help us. He is not good in coverage, but he's notched two sacks, a pass defense, a fumble recovery, and 47 tackles. That made him far and away the most productive player on that defense.

Miami must win this game. Miami can not have any excuses for losing this game. The Jaguars are NOT good. The Jaguars are actually worse than the Raiders in scoring offense and defense. They are worse at creating turnovers and protecting the football. Unless Jacksonville suddenly got MUCH better on defense in one week, then the Miami Dolphins could potentially put up their first 40 burger in a very, very long time this weekend.

Of course, now that I've said that, I predict a 19-15 loss.

:bobdole:

We'll double that; easily. Posluzny made the calls for the Jags new defense and with him out there's no one that even comes close to filling that void. In fact the LB that will take his spot (JT Thomas) is an OLB being moved inside who primarily played ST's and has 3 tackles on the season.

Back
Top Bottom