Miami favored to take the 6th playoff spot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami favored to take the 6th playoff spot?

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
For the last AFC playoff spot, Baltimore & Miami are both tied at 7-6, with Baltimore winning the tie breaker based on head-to-head win.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

But as NFL analysts have noted, Baltimore has a brutal remaining schedule. Detroit, New England, Cincinnati. All division leaders, all playoff teams, all with winning records.

On the other hand, in Miami's last 3 games, we only have one team with a winning record (New England).

Would it be fair to say that Miami is in the best position to take the 6th playoff spot in the AFC?

Jets and Bills will both have their A game ready to spoil any Dolphins playoff chance believe that.

Best thing to do, take it week by week and let things fall the way they do.

They play on the road at Detroit and Cincinnati. They also play the Patriots at home. That's brutal.

We get 2 home games against the Jets and Patriots. The Buffalo game is going be tough and probably in snow too.

Our schedule is no walk in the park. Our division rivals will be extra motivated to beat us.

yes

but

I think folk underestimate last years champ. Baltimore apparently is more than ray lewis, Ellerbe, and the others they lost to retirement and FA. Ole Harbaugh seems to know what he is doing

Win next Sunday and get excited. Ya I get its "any given Sunday" but I'd rather be the Fins now than the Ravens.

Hopefully Detroit plays better than they did today. I heard that Bush was hurt but not sure how serious and whether he will play next week. Really need Detroit to beat Baltimore. I think Baltimore beats New England the following week and not sure what the Bengals will be playing for in week 17.

yes

but

I think folk underestimate last years champ. Baltimore apparently is more than ray lewis, Ellerbe, and the others they lost to retirement and FA. Ole Harbaugh seems to know what he is doing

This may be true but after the Dolphins beat the Ravens, the Ravens are going to have DET fighting for their divison and Patriots fighting for #2 spot. Ravens will lose 1 of the next 3. Dolphins must win out.

Heath Evans just went with SD did not even give the Fins a mention for that last spot

Not a word

We must find a way to beat the Patriots because sweeping the Jets is always tough.

I have heard twice now that SAN DIEGO has the best chance given all factors, even though they are behind Miami and Baltimore and don't hold the tie breaker with either!?!? Chargers are crushing Giants right now, so as long as they win the game, they are a slight percentage point better to take the last WC spot. I still don't get it though. I guess it's their easy schedule and most home games?

Back
Top Bottom