Miami has a Josh Allen Problem | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami has a Josh Allen Problem

I don’t even like to revisit this, but we had a home game against Buffalo for the division title, and led by 7 at halftime. We wound up losing, however, because:

1) our offense straight-up disappeared in the second half

2) we gave up a punt return for a touchdown.

Neither of those had anything to do with Josh Allen. Hell, we even stopped him on a 4 and 1.

It’s crazy to me to see these “running” Qbs that look more comfortable running the ball instead of passing it.

Defenders simply don’t punish runners anymore.

Guys like our own avoid hitting the Qbs now and would prefer to push them out of bounds.
It's the new rules. You can't breathe on a QB anymore without some ref tossing the flag.

Exactly ....our offense did not play well against good teams this season....that has to change
Hey D, you may be able to bite the heads off of bats but you are still Lemming.
But seriously, this is a reality, whether folks want to face it or not, the way this team lost those games was totally unacceptable.
It is like in my business, let's say a fund produced 22%, so looking at the "statistics" wow throw granny's savings at it. However read the fine print, 5% load, 10% early redemption, 5% management fees, and well not so great. So there were great stats this year, even a playoff appearance, but when you look at that end of the year statement, well it is disappointing to say the least.

The Ever Illustrating VIPER

Don’t they get a fine also? Iirc those fines are super expensive too.
Hey A, yeah but it's just like The Street, fines are cost of doing business. For example, G.S. Paid 5.06 Billion for 2008 etc, but do you know how much money they made leading up to this, and then there is how much money the folks at the top made, yup it is all CODB. Now having said this, there was one tackle in the Ravens game on Tua that, well I don't know, it looked really ugly, with his head hitting the ground.

The Ever Willing To Stay Out Of Trouble VIPER

The more I see of Josh Allen the more respect he earns from me. He really is a baller and you've got to give him credit. It mostly takes 2 guys to sack him because he is super elusive, super fast and strong as an ox. So, how to beat him? On a football field? Very tough! I still hate the guy like poison and I'd like to see Seiler and Chubb catch Josh in a dark alley one night and beat the dog **** out of him.

The more I see of Josh Allen the more respect he earns from me. He really is a baller and you've got to give him credit. It mostly takes 2 guys to sack him because he is super elusive, super fast and strong as an ox. So, how to beat him? On a football field? Very tough! I still hate the guy like poison and I'd like to see Seiler and Chubb catch Josh in a dark alley one night and beat the dog **** out of him.
It will catch up with him as he ages .

I don’t even like to revisit this, but we had a home game against Buffalo for the division title, and led by 7 at halftime. We wound up losing, however, because:

1) our offense straight-up disappeared in the second half

2) we gave up a punt return for a touchdown.

Neither of those had anything to do with Josh Allen. Hell, we even stopped him on a 4 and 1.

If we are going to talk completely objectively, rather than from a homer point of view, the Fins got a lot of luck bouncing their way that game.

For example, Kohou mugged the TE at the goal line. Flag wasn’t thrown. But if he hadn’t mugged him, that’s another Bills TD (would have given Allen 3 TD’s for the game).

The right before half, Needham got absolutely cooked by the RB in the endzone, but he dropped a dime throw by Allen (which would have given Allen 4 TD’s on the game).

So every time I read this take that the Fins only lost because of a punt return, I have to roll my eyes. The Bills were the far better that game.

Yards
Bills: 473
Fins: 275

Passing Yards
Bills: 345
Fins: 167

First Downs
Bills: 26
Fins: 16

Time of Possesion:
Bills: 38
Fins: 22

Attachments

• 1707405825474.jpeg
    1707405825474.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1707405840498.jpeg
    1707405840498.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 2
He's the Larry Csonka of running quarterbacks, dishing out the hits more than taking them. But, for his own sake, I do think Allen needs to be smarter.

I've seen him challenging linebackers when Buffalo has the game in hand. Maybe that's partly on the coaching staff?

If we are going to talk completely objectively, rather than from a homer point of view, the Fins got a lot of luck bouncing their way that game.

For example, Kohou mugged the TE at the goal line. Flag wasn’t thrown. But if he hadn’t mugged him, that’s another Bills TD (would have given Allen 3 TD’s for the game).

The right before half, Needham got absolutely cooked by the RB in the endzone, but he dropped a dime throw by Allen (which would have given Allen 4 TD’s on the game).

So every time I read this take that the Fins only lost because of a punt return, I have to roll my eyes. The Bills were the far better that game.

Yards
Bills: 473
Fins: 275

Passing Yards
Bills: 345
Fins: 167

First Downs
Bills: 26
Fins: 16

Time of Possesion:
Bills: 38
Fins: 22
Buffalo also scored a touchdown off an Allen throw that ricocheted off a helmet.

And Allen was actually horrible in the redzone with the two interceptions thrown up for grabs and the strip fumble lost on the great play by Wilkins.

Buffalo also scored a touchdown off an Allen throw that ricocheted off a helmet.

And Allen was actually horrible in the redzone with the two interceptions thrown up for grabs and the strip fumble lost on the great play by Wilkins.

I only remember one INT in the redzone. The other was like a hail mary from the 45 yard line on 4th down.

Irregardless, my point is simply that the game didn’t come down to a punt return. It took A LOT of luck for the game to even be that close when the punt return happened. Buffalo was walking up and down the field.

Back
Top Bottom