Miami has the Opportunity to Put Together an Elite Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami has the Opportunity to Put Together an Elite Offense

No doubt we have holes to fill on both sides of the ball. However, shouldn't we really be thinking about going BPA? Even with that, wouldn't Pitts still be BPA at #5? I think that would be a great start, and depending on how things unfold, we still could be adding some of the playmakers we are hoping for on offense and defense.

I would love Pitts or Chase at 6. OK, I guess, with Sewell at 6 but really hope that we do not have to go that route.
At 18, it depends who is there. I could go D, edge or coverage LBr. I could go OL (assuming no Sewell at 6 of course) or even another WR ( we likely will cut some vets and Parker may get hurt).
At 36 or 50 I think we need a RB.
I really, really love the possibility of pairing Elijah Moore with any of those top four.

Moore is another player who gets open and can dominate in the slot. Chase/Smith and Moore would be hard to defend.

Pitts with Moore and its just a matter of whose on the field.

No doubt we have holes to fill on both sides of the ball. However, shouldn't we really be thinking about going BPA? Even with that, wouldn't Pitts still be BPA at #5? I think that would be a great start, and depending on how things unfold, we still could be adding some of the playmakers we are hoping for on offense and defense.
Agree, but I think BPA will most likely be offense. Potentially with those four top picks.

I doubt Flores and Grier go 4 picks without picking a defensive player. I like ur plan. Just not sure management does.
dolphins offensive need playmaker bad.. i would rather dolphins pick 4 offensive player w first 4 pick..our defense is good and will keep us in most of the game we play... the high power offensive is going blow dolphins out if they dont get play maker....

One word, 'Tua'.
All hinge on Tua. Nothing else matter.
If he take the next step, we will have a top 15 offense with Fuller onboard. Even if all picks are bust.
If Tua fail, no weapons will do us any good.
Top 15 offense simply wont cut it...

in opposite, how would you feel if we got Parsons at #6, Collins at #18, some DE and CB with the 2nd round picks? How would you all feel if we went all defense in the first two rounds?

in opposite, how would you feel if we got Parsons at #6, Collins at #18, some DE and CB with the 2nd round picks? How would you all feel if we went all defense in the first two rounds?
No need for both Parsons and Collins. And we're definitely not going back-to-back on the same unit with our top two picks. Defense is in play at 18, I think, but not likely at 6. Personally, I want Collins at 36.

dolphins offensive need playmaker bad.. i would rather dolphins pick 4 offensive player w first 4 pick..our defense is good and will keep us in most of the game we play... the high power offensive is going blow dolphins out if they dont get play maker....
With respect...

Our Defense isn't that good, and it won't keep us in most of the games we play.

Teams that put up high turnover numbers (as we did last year), rarely reproduce them a year later. Add to this that we've released/traded away 10 sacks from last year (Van Noy and Lawson), and replaced them with nothing... I think it is reasonably safe to say that we will see quite the regression if we stand pat.

It's like investing where they say, "past results are no indication of future returns". We don't have the defense that we had last year... at this juncture, I'd say it is about average.

With respect...

Teams that put up high turnover numbers (as we did last year), rarely reproduce them a year later. Add to this that we've released/traded away 10 sacks from last year (Van Noy and Lawson), and replaced them with nothing... I think it is reasonably safe to say that we will see quite the regression if we stand pat.

It's like investing where they say, "past results are no indication of future returns". We don't have the defense that we had last year... at this juncture, I'd say it is about average.
i think our defense was good last yr. that was main reason we was 10-6. yes we lost to top team but avg and sorry team w struggled against these defense.

I really, really love the possibility of pairing Elijah Moore with any of those top four.

Moore is another player who gets open and can dominate in the slot. Chase/Smith and Moore would be hard to defend.

Pitts with Moore and its just a matter of whose on the field.
God yes. If we can rock -

Pitts
Georgia OLB or Big Miami DE
Etienne
Moore (Elijah)

Just like last year, Miami fans need to temper their expectations. We need to stop expecting rookies to come in and play at an elite level out the gate. Whatever the team does in the draft, next year's draft too for that mnatter, it might take a few seasons before we find out what we have with all the new pieces.

I have no problem with those expecting the top 3-4 picks to start. Those seemingly expecting all of them to play above average will likely be disappointed

With respect...

Excellent points, to which the Miami Herald pointed out in an article a couple weeks ago about how bad the defense was, after you remove the takeaways and defensive touchdowns. They gave up a lot of yards, especially in the passing game as the season wore on.

Most fans see touchdowns and takeaways and immediately think OMG Miami's great. Its not sustainable, you know what is? Stopping the run and defending the pass. Both of which Miami was pedestrian at.

It's no secret, Tua needs a weapon or two. But to say the defense is good is a false narrative. Especially as a fan, if your of the mindset takeaways and defensive TD's are the norm.

Miami IMHO improved along the defensive line with the F/A additions. Hopefully it improves the run defense. They have a very solid rotation at DT.

Now if Miami somehow gets a Workhorse RB and better run blocking it would help the offense, take a huge step forward. Getting a WR to pair with Fuller, who can separate and get open with consistency, should also help by opening up everything else on offense.

Same here love the plan, but don't think Miami's F/O and Coaching staff would agree. I'd absolutely love to build a dynamic offense. If some how Miami obtains additional picks in the 2nd-4th rounds, I could see them picking predominantly offensive players with a sprinkle or two on the defensive side of things.
When I read your post... Dude it pisses me off (perhaps just very disappointed with a side a anger) Grier traded down from 3 to 6 and didn't add focking squat to our '21 draft stash. But to his credit, that wasn't easy to do -- pretty hard to make that trade and score a whopping ZERO in immediate value!

From here on out we can only imagine what we could have achieved with an additional R2 and R3 in '21.

Seriously -- it could have been an EPIC draft.

That said ----------- I'm looking for 4 impact players (starters that make a difference) with at least 2 on the O side.

But I have the sinking feeling this draft is going to be a HUGE disappointment in retrospect when folks realize what we could have done.

Have a nice day!

BNF

Back
Top Bottom