Miami has the Opportunity to Put Together an Elite Offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami has the Opportunity to Put Together an Elite Offense

Agree, but I think BPA will most likely be offense. Potentially with those four top picks.
I guess it depends on who's rankings we are looking at but I see a lot of CB, LB, and edge players in the top 50, too.

I’m with the OP. For all of Miami’s Offensive problems last season, I’ve maintained all offseason that Miami can transform themselves into a really powerful Offense by pulling off just a few moves- all of which are pretty realistic and easily attainable. My thoughts:

- First of all, improvement from within. Last years draft netted 3 O-Lineman who look to be long term answers on our O-Line. All 3 will once again be starters this year and should benefit from the experience they gained as rookies, as well as improved chemistry by playing alongside each other. We should also see a big jump from Tua in year 2. He’ll be playing behind that young and improving O-line, he’ll finally have the benefit if a full offseason in Miami’s program, we assume he’ll have improved weapons around him and all of the coaching moves Miami made obviously had Tua’s development in mind. We hired his Elite 11 coach as our new QB coach, and as Flores himself said, the Co-OC hire was made to keep Tua familiar and comfortable in the Offense we’re running. Also, considering the kids work ethic, I have ZERO doubts that he is hitting this offseason as hard as possible.

- Keep Albert Wilson. The dude is an extremely talented weapon out of the slot and is a HUGE upgrade over the guys we were using as the #3 or #4 WR last season.

- Hopefully draft Pitts @ #6, and if he’s gone, select Smith or Chase. Any one of those 3 guys are extremely talented and would represent a massive upgrade for Miami and Tua at the skill positions.

- Ensure that we come out of the first 2 rounds with our starting RB position. We all know the names of possible candidates so I won’t rehash that here, but simply put, Miami absolutely needs to grab one of the top 4 RB prospects in this draft.

- Address the Center position early in the draft as well. Again, we know the names, and there’s no reason for Miami not to grab one of the top 3 Centers in this years draft.

Pitts and Elijah Moore

Or Smith/Chase/Waddle and Jenkins makes a lot of sense.

Pitts with Jenkins makes sense, too.

If Miami doesn't go Moore/Marshall at 18 (probably won't) after grabbing one of the top guys, and none of the blue-chip players fall, Jenkins is probably the best pick for Miami. Think Hunt could really be an excellent RG, and I think Jenkins will be a really good RT. Miami probably drafts a Center. Would be good with it at 36. Nothing wrong with dumping a lot of assets into OL as long as you're not neglecting other important positions. Miami looks like they're doing a good job of balancing their resources along the positions that win and lose you games. I'll be curious to see how they approach Center, as the NFL undervalues it (looking at contracts). You talk to anyone who knows football, if you get them started, they'll go on about how important the Center is, how much a good Center adds to an offense. Leading up to the draft where E. McCoy went to New Orleans, Slimm shared some top-shelf insights on its importance.

But, Miami has been really good about targeting high-value positions, with regard to $$$. In general, it's a good approach, but if you're just looking at that, you could miss out on some edges at positions the league cheaps. A Safety is good as Ed Reed is worth the #1 overall pick, but Safeties don't go Top 5 unless they're freaks like Sean Taylor and Eric Berry. I don't think Miami is just looking at player values vs FA $. I'm curious to see how far they deviate, though.

RE the Miami D ------------------- our O sucked for the most part last year.

We build a dominate O and you can bet that will immediately make the D way better all by itself in terms of stats.

The D carried this team last year. D and teams. Any take other than that is pure nonsense!

When I read your post... Dude it pisses me off (perhaps just very disappointed with a side a anger) Grier traded down from 3 to 6 and didn't add focking squat to our '21 draft stash. But to his credit, that wasn't easy to do -- pretty hard to make that trade and score a whopping ZERO in immediate value!

From here on out we can only imagine what we could have achieved with an additional R2 and R3 in '21.

Seriously -- it could have been an EPIC draft.

That said ----------- I'm looking for 4 impact players (starters that make a difference) with at least 2 on the O side.

But I have the sinking feeling this draft is going to be a HUGE disappointment in retrospect when folks realize what we could have done.

Have a nice day!

BNF
I'm not giving up hope. Hopefully Grier finds more trading partners to gain more draft capital in 2021. If he trades down from #18 it could net additional picks in rounds 2-4.

The talent at the top of the draft matches exactly what Miami needs. There are three receivers and a tight end who have a good chance to be elite players in the NFL.

It's exciting to imagine one of those players teaming with Parker, Fuller and Gesicki in the passing game.

If the Dolphins continue down the offensive path, there's a lot of talent at tackle. I'm warning up to Jenkins at #18, or a slight trade down for more picks. If you haven't watched his highlights in the running game, take a look.

Grab a running back like Williams at #36 and Humphrey or Dickerson at #50 and Miami is pretty stacked on paper.

An offensive line that should protect Tua and open holes in the running game at a better than average NFL rate, a better than average group of receivers and a potentially better than average running back group.
I agree the offensive talent is there to really build around Tua--and IMHO we should do that. But, we created a huge hole on our team at edge rusher, and by #36 at the latest we _need_ to have secured an elite edge rusher if we want to have any chance of a defense like we had last year. And, that edge rusher needs to deliver in his rookie year.

We can absolutely use #6 and #50 on offense, but we need to use #18 or #36 on an edge player ... with #18 being the most likely one we'll have to use.

At #50 there's likely to be either a RB or C that we like, so we'll still be surrounding Tua with talent. And at #36 we just might be able to get an OT.

I'm not giving up hope. Hopefully Grier finds more trading partners to gain more draft capital in 2021. If he trades down from #18 it could net additional picks in rounds 2-4.
Sliding down from #18 a bit and picking up an additional 3rd rounder might allow us use our two 3rd rounders to select OL Quinn Meinerz and OLB/DE Charles Snowden and have a truly epic draft!

Sliding down from #18 a bit and picking up an additional 3rd rounder might allow us use our two 3rd rounders to select OL Quinn Meinerz and OLB/DE Charles Snowden and have a truly epic draft!
Thats what I'm hoping for.

dolphins offensive need playmaker bad.. i would rather dolphins pick 4 offensive player w first 4 pick..our defense is good and will keep us in most of the game we play... the high power offensive is going blow dolphins out if they dont get play maker....
I think we should give Tua his playmaker at #6, and if he can't succeed with Parker, Fuller, Gesicki and (Chase/Smith/Pitts/Waddle) as his receivers, then he's not going to become elite. His mobility was supposed to allow him to succeed without a good OL, and even as rookies our young OL was average, so this should set that offense up to succeed.

We have four picks in the first two rounds... let's not stray too far from understanding that this is a better position than 30 other teams are in. Most teams would LOVE to trade positions with us... so even if they take players that I do not personally like, I do like that they've brought us to this point.

We all know that there will be a few melt-downs on the first couple nights of the draft... and likely a nasty battle or two days after the draft when another poster or two finally boils over when the prevailing opinions shifts towards the new players that he hates.

But we've got four guys coming... and I'm going to try to stay positive no matter what they do. It doesn't do any good to make yourself miserable over this... Hell, it's a hobby.

I think we could go either way atm.
I think the offense and defense are close after our FA signings.

However, this draft has more amazing offensive players than defensive players. If there were a Kendrell Bell type LB available sure. I don't like Parsons as players with his character flaws can hurt the entire team.
I'm not truly in love with Edge this year either not in round 1.
There are some really good LBs that should be there late 2nd early 3rd.
Sadly, we have no 4th round pick in a year that should have a pretty good selection in that round both WR and LBs.

With respect...

Our Defense isn't that good, and it won't keep us in most of the games we play.

Teams that put up high turnover numbers (as we did last year), rarely reproduce them a year later. Add to this that we've released/traded away 10 sacks from last year (Van Noy and Lawson), and replaced them with nothing... I think it is reasonably safe to say that we will see quite the regression if we stand pat.

It's like investing where they say, "past results are no indication of future returns". We don't have the defense that we had last year... at this juncture, I'd say it is about average.
We will get defensive help either from trade or from pick 2b and down.
When it comes to defense i am not concern as long as Flo is at the helm. May not at the top, should be at top 10 at least.

We have for picks in the first two rounds... let's not stray too far from understanding that this is a better position than 30 other teams are in. Most teams would LOVE to trade positions with us... so even if they take players that I do not personally like, I do like that they've brought us to this point.

We all know that there will be a few melt-downs on the first couple nights of the draft... and likely a nasty battle or two days after the draft when another poster or two finally boils over when the prevailing opinions shifts towards the new players that he hates.

But we've got four guys coming... and I'm going to try to stay positive no matter what they do. It doesn't do any good to make yourself miserable over this... Hell, it's a hobby.
they will be few melt down pick. that happen every yr. hopefully we find 3 starter or maybe 4 out of this draft.

You lost me at Jenkins with our 18 pick.
Sounds like a Grier move tbh but I am done with oline picks in the 1st 3 rounds

Back
Top Bottom