Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald reports Mike Wallace isn't open to taking a pay cut from the Dolphins

Why should a receiver that could easily score 30 tds in a season have to take a pay cut.

he knows he wont make that kind of money any where else. of course he wont take the pay cut. this guy needs to be let go. you cant quit on your team bc you didn't score the td. I get that you don't get the ball often, but lets be real you haven't proven a whole lot since you have been here.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Why should a receiver that could easily score 30 tds in a season have to take a pay cut.

I would love to see that. from Wallace though there is absolutely zero chance of that. the guy doesn't high point the ball and hardly fights for it.

wallace is a disgrace and i dont know how any player on the team would want to play with him. to be the highest player on the team and refuse to go back into a game because tannehill isnt throwing you the ball is a bridge that cant and shouldnt be repaired. just cut him loose and be rid of his sorry ass...

he knows he wont make that kind of money any where else. of course he wont take the pay cut. this guy needs to be let go. you cant quit on your team bc you didn't score the td. I get that you don't get the ball often, but lets be real you haven't proven a whole lot since you have been here.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I would love to see that. from Wallace though there is absolutely zero chance of that. the guy doesn't high point the ball and hardly fights for it.

Wallace is so overrated

Wallace is doing exactly what wet signed him to do. Draw attention and take the top of the defense. Not his fault we overpaid and can't hit him when he gets open.

After playing for an organization like Pittsburgh, I see why he wants to get off this sinking ship.

If the Dolphins cut Wallace post June 1 (either in fact or through a post-June 1 designation, of which they get two) they can save $6.9 million of cap space but would carry $5.2 million of dead money. If they cut him prior to June 1 the cap savings is only $2.5 million and the team would carry a whopping $9.6 million in dead money on the player.

Wallace, by the way, is going to get $3 million in actual dollars from the Dolphins even if he is cut because that money is guaranteed.

The issue gets tricky with Wallace because making a decision on him is not soley a cap issue. As I and the NFL Network reported weeks ago, Wallace told his position coach and later repeated to his head coach that if he wasn't getting the football thrown to him, there was no need for him to play just prior to halftime of the season-finale against the New York Jets. This according to multiple team sources. Wallace has denied this.

But not only did he do it, I am told he did it previously, including in the 41-13 loss to the New England Patriots. Indeed, Wallace voiced this complaint to position coach Phil McGeoghan previously but the season-finale was the first time I know quarterback Ryan Tannehill was upset with Wallace about this matter and the first time the issue went all the way up to head coach Joe Philbin.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-pay-cut-for-cap-relief-or.html#storylink=cpy

Guarantee he doesnt get close to the money we paid if he gets cut

I think the phins need to do what any employer with a union (not that unions are bad) needs to do. Address his behavior. I was not able to see what he did (didn't dvr). From what I understand he quit and we acknowledged it and moved on. That should have drawn serious ramifications. Hopefully, it will be taken and we do not know about it now. However, until this FO grows a set and addresses this type of behavior, which is detrimental to the team we can expect more of the same.

For those who want Wallace cut, what's your plan for 2015 at WR? I hope in doesn't involve Legudu Naanee or Anthony Armstrong, because that's what we might end up with if we cut Wallace without having someone of equal or greater talent on deck to replace him.

For those who want Wallace cut, what's your plan for 2015 at WR? I hope in doesn't involve Legudu Naanee or Anthony Armstrong, because that's what we might end up with if cut Wallace without having someone of equal or greater talent on deck to replace him.

Hope any plan involves getting a real coach at some point

He might have to take a short deal if he's cut like a 2 year deal to get his market value up and show he doesn't have a attitude problem.

with that being said i dont think we will cut him i think we will trade him probably(3rd or 4th round pick) and i hope we trade him to a cold state which he hates.

Back
Top Bottom