Miami in DREW HENSON hunt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami in DREW HENSON hunt

I agree Jaj. People want a QB. But they don't want to pay for one. Great QBs don't grow on trees. And even less of them grow on 4th round trees.

If Drew Henson would have stuck with football, he would still be a Houston Texan. Only he would be the starting QB, and David Carr would be a Detroit Lion. Heck, if he would have come out after his junior year, he was still a Top 5-10 pick. He was that good.

Wasn't Chad Hutchinson suppose to be that good too? And now he is sitting behind Quincy Carter. Point is all QBs are a risk especially one that has been out of the game for a few years. That's why he isn't worth more than a mid round pick.

I don't think Hutchinson was as good as Henson. And he was out of football longer than Henson has been. I'm not saying give up a #1 for Henson. I'm just pointing out how some people want to spend a mid round pick on a mid-level talent and expect him to just "develop".

i say we go after someone like kurt warner or mark brunell they will be released next year by their teams and i know brunell still wants to play in florida or california based teams i think he'd be a great fit for us he can scramble and he still has a strong arm , i would go after either one ...

Originally posted by mike_vee
i say we go after someone like kurt warner or mark brunell they will be released next year by their teams and i know brunell still wants to play in florida or california based teams i think he'd be a great fit for us he can scramble and he still has a strong arm , i would go after either one ...

We don't need 2 more injury prone QB's.

Henson MUST sign with the Texans before he's traded AND his first year cap number MUST fit into the Texans 2003 rookie cap.

I bet he goes back into the draft

Originally posted by VManis
Wasn't Chad Hutchinson suppose to be that good too?

Nah, C-Hutch was projected a late 2nd-early 3rd rounder I believe.

Originally posted by mike_vee
i know brunell still wants to play in florida or california based teams i think he'd be a great fit for us he can scramble and he still has a strong arm

Hmmm...A left-handed QB could hide your glaring weakness at LT.

We arent as weak on the right as we are on the left. And brunell gives us Jays feet withe brians arm. The best of both worlds.

I think we're weaker on the right than the left. Todd Wade has had an ABYSMAL year. Wade Smith, with experience and some upper body strength will be a very fine tackle in this league.

Count where the sacks and the rushing yardage is. Rick averages almost one more yard on runs to the right. And the left side had given up 5 more sacks.

"According to all of the sources this year, Henson will play in the NFL next season!"

during the baseball playoffs and world series, speculation ran high about Henson giving up baseball and jumping to the NFL due to the Yankees having Boone (who will be gone thsi offseason) and ( another player (Garcia maybe?) at thrid ahead of him and Hensons less than stellar stats in triple A. i remember a quote from Henson flat out denying he is interested in the NFL... of course, if the Yankees cut him and no one else picks him up, that would most likely change.

Back
Top Bottom