Miami looking good for Cutler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami looking good for Cutler

vt_dolfan said:
The Jets situation with Pennington is what is changing all of this. It looks like Pennington will indeed be gone from NY, which makes taking a QB..one of the top three...a must. Imagine you were their GM, who would you take? Its really a no brainer.
What if the Jets sign Brees

vt_dolfan said:
The Jets situation with Pennington is what is changing all of this. It looks like Pennington will indeed be gone from NY, which makes taking a QB..one of the top three...a must. Imagine you were their GM, who would you take? Its really a no brainer.
I will take D,Angelo Williams

kingfin said:
Nw one of them teams will take Bree,s..So it might make Cutler slip..

yes that team will be us. I would rather have a pro bowl qb than some rookie that hasn't proven anything. Cutler has a lot of potential but that don't mean anything.

kingfin said:
We should stay away from Brees,Culpepper,Pennington,McNair,and Brooks.Brees is the best on that chart but he,s not worth the money.He did play well because of LT.I sick of tired of the Dolphins getting Free-agent QB,since Marino.This Free-Agent list of QB,S makes our hopes in drafting Cutler great.The only QB i will take is McNair because we can use him for a year.Everyone else wants a long term contract..Lets get our own Franchise QB..Jay Culter..

I think Brees is worth every penny he'd be asking for. I would give him what he wanted to get him to Miami given our recent problems with the QB position. Also if we get a proven veteran like Brees he can help the team immediately whereas a rookie would have to go through the learning curve.

kingfin said:
What if the Jets sign Brees

I think they will look at a rookie QB since they are picking high and are most likely going to have to go through a rebuilding phase.

tylerdolphin said:
Cutler at 4 would be a reach
Cutler at 16 would be a steal for us. I hope we get him. Doesnt look likely, but its possible.

Actually, after the Senior bowl, most draftniks have Cutler in the top 5 and recently possibly even higher than Young, which if the teams who need QBs stay the same, would mean he'd be gone even earlier...even if Young drops some...It's possible, but highly doubtful...My thought is that the Jests will not make a run on Brees or Culpepper (if he's really on the block) because of their injuries. I think Mangini would rather have a lower tiered FA (Brooks, McCown or even trade for Schaub or Ramsey) before drafting someone. The problem they face is how to pay for a FA...

More than likely that leaves waiting for the draft and getting one of the top 3 QBs..they are rebuilding and won't be in contention this year anyways with their cap and age issues they have....

Cutler will not drop out of the top 10.
When the Dolphins passed on Brees in the draft, I never thought that they would get another chance to have him on the squad. The thing that people are having a tough time remembering is that Brees probably wont be the same player ever again after the shoulder injury.
I just see the Dolphins having Gus for the starter in 2006. I dont think they will even get a chance to see any of the "top three" QBs in the draft. But they will get a chance at one of the top three OLinemen.........

vt_dolfan said:

They drafted Bollinger to be the heir apparent did they not? They have fiedler to back up, they will probably take a second tier Qb this year and if bollinger does not work out they will get the top QB next year. They are rebuilding in a big way I can see them waiting for Quinn next year and getting a stud o line in place for him. They will not pass on ferguson at 4

I remember a few months ago Cutler at 16 was a reach for a lot of people here. Cutler has really risen fast. He is the 2nd best QB in the draft IMO

jaketaylor said:
Cutler will not drop out of the top 10.
When the Dolphins passed on Brees in the draft, I never thought that they would get another chance to have him on the squad. The thing that people are having a tough time remembering is that Brees probably wont be the same player ever again after the shoulder injury.
I just see the Dolphins having Gus for the starter in 2006. I dont think they will even get a chance to see any of the "top three" QBs in the draft. But they will get a chance at one of the top three OLinemen.........

Worst case scernario we get justice... Darn.

kingfin said:
[mod]Please post in the correct forum. [/mod]

We should stay away from Brees,Culpepper,Pennington,McNair,and Brooks.Brees is the best on that chart but he,s not worth the money.He did play well because of LT.I sick of tired of the Dolphins getting Free-agent QB,since Marino.This Free-Agent list of QB,S makes our hopes in drafting Cutler great.The only QB i will take is McNair because we can use him for a year.Everyone else wants a long term contract..Lets get our own Franchise QB..Jay Culter..

Are you nuts. This is Drew Brees we are talking about. The greatest QB to never win a playoff game or a game in which his teams season was on the line with the best RB in the NFL behind him. We'd be nuts to pass up on a weak armed QB who has suffered a serious shoulder injury.

Back
Top Bottom